• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is your God?

skills101

Vicar of Christ
Whenever you hear the name "God," what do you picture Him [or Her] as?

For me, it's Dr. Light from Mega Man.

normal_drlight7.jpg

ayani

: laughs :

i don't see God as an anthopomorphized being, at least not in physical appearence. i picture God as something like a wind, and understand Him as more of a life-giving, illuminating source than a heavenly personage.

This is my father's world!
I rest me in the thought
Of rocks and trees,
of skies and seas,
His hand the wonders wrought.

This is my father's world!
He shines in all that's fair;
In the rustling grass
I hear Him pass,
He speaks to me ev'rywhere.

This is my father's world,
O let me ne'er forget,
That 'tho the wrong
seems oft' so strong,
God is the ruler yet.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
The sum total of the universe, the power of growth and decay. Probably near enouth to the taoist beliefs.:)

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
As a Buddhist, I don't have a God in the capitalized sense. In Buddhism, gods are unenlightened beings like the rest of us, who also have the potential to attain enlightenment. Gods inhabit a different realm (universe in the multiverse?) than we do.

Melody

Hmmm...I guess I don't picture anything. I do love the picture of Morgan Freeman though.

George Burns just never cut it for me.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Ive never really though about a physical appearance, but something like Christy Hemme wouldn't be bad.

Oh my gosh a fellow wrestling fan on this site. I feared I was the only one. Anyways, I sort of picture God as a guy just like me. Makes it easier for me to relate I guess.

The Black Whirlwind

Master Vigil said:
The force from star wars of course. :D
Just what i thought. but i would add the star wars theme song (the one that go's "doo doo, doo, doo doo doo, doo. doo doo, doo doo, doo doo doo doo doo. DOO DOO DOO, DOO DOO...). Also, i sometimes think of the old obi-wan and zeus throwing a lightning bolt at the earth

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I picture God as a glorified, immortal being who looks essentially like His Son, Jesus Christ.

Lee

I see traces of God in every human and in all things in nature, in all human endeavors and all human activities. From a quarter mile above New York, I can see God; and in a tiny pebble at the bottom of a little country stream, God is there also.

But when I look within, I see God as Light; Light that fills and embraces everything. A heatless, permeating Light.