• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is right :Catholic and Orthodox

Hello i wonder and i had many sleepless nights over this. It seems that if i go according to the liturgy Orthodoxy seems to nearest to the Apostolic Tradition. But i feel somehow more attracted to Orthodoxy even though i am of Romanian and Greek Heritage but was born a protestant. Catholics is there any proof that the Catholic church is really the one Church. Especially with the novus ordo it seems it has become as secular as the Protestants, but the Theology still remains incredible to me. So please help me find the truth

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
. Especially with the novus ordo it seems it has become as secular as the Protestants, but the Theology still remains incredible to me. So please help me find the truth
You do not have to attend the Novus Ordo. The Latin Mass is much more available since Benedict XVI. Alternatively you could attend one of the many Eastern Rite Churches which use the same liturgy that you'd see in their Orthodox equivalents.

If you feel really drawn to Eastern Orthodoxy, then you should explore Eastern Orthodoxy. However Catholicism can still offer a traditional liturgical experience, except that you may have to go a little more out of your way in seeking it out. Whether that be in a church that offers the Tridentine Mass, an Ordinariate Chruch (which I attend) or an Eastern Rite church.

PeteC-UK

Hi Folks...

It would probably serve you best - to seek out the LEGITIMATE truth of how and why that religion was formed and its history leading to todays confusion...Its easy in this modern internet age - dont trust the religion that dominates you to give you answers, they have a bias obviously - neither trust anyone else who is affiliated TO that religion - as they too will be biased..But seek out impartial scholars and cross referance with world history - you will soon discover the religion itself - has fully misled you all..

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Let me just say that the main cause of the split was due to those who eventually became Orthodox not agreeing as to whom should be Pope, thus refusing to recognize the one that was selected.