• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHO IS METATRON & "the Angel of the LORD" ?

Lenbenhear

lenbenhearNOW
What is your view and understanding of the spiritual being known as "Metatron" or "the Angel of the LORD" or "the Angel of His Presence" ?

Some say it is the new name given to the translated Enoch. others say it is a code name for the PRE-INCARNATE CHRIST.

any ideas ?

thanks.

jasonwill2

What is your view and understanding of the spiritual being known as "Metatron" or "the Angel of the LORD" or "the Angel of His Presence" ?

Some say it is the new name given to the translated Enoch. others say it is a code name for the PRE-INCARNATE CHRIST.

any ideas ?

thanks.

Um... in what literature can we find the mention of this alleged spiritual entity "Metatron"?

Last edited:

Lenbenhear

lenbenhearNOW
Book of Enoch, ... among others.

you can also google "Origins of Metatron". it's an interesting read.

I'm looking for input & feedback from perhaps a few people who have done some serious research on this issue. thanks.

Metatron is certainly one of the most mysterious of all angelic beings. in fact, he may be THE SON AT ONE with YHVH. ... some have referred to him as "the lesser YahvA." - lesser only in the sense of being "submitted to" in terms of Will & Purposes in the same sense that THEY ARE ONE also with THEHOLYSPIRIT: Ruach ha KOdesh.

Last edited:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
As far as I'm aware, The Metatron is Alan Rickman.

dogma.jpg

jasonwill2

Oh, well in that case I really don't care. I don't subscribe to that belief system so all the tiny details are really not of any reason to dissect.

Lenbenhear

lenbenhearNOW
As Sir Shakespeare once said in one of his better known passages, " THERE ARE MORE THINGS IN HEAVEN and in earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophies".

If you are a mocker: your posts will be ignored. If you have something worthwhile to say on the subject: such replies will be appreciated.

thanks.
and Shalom to those who seek Peace, ... and pursue it.
:yes:

jasonwill2

As Sir Shakespeare once said in one of his better known passages, " THERE ARE MORE THINGS IN HEAVEN and in earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophies".

If you are a mocker: your posts will be ignored. If you have something worthwhile to say on the subject: such replies will be appreciated.

thanks.
and Shalom to those who seek Peace, ... and pursue it.
:yes:

Can you stop with the overkill formatting please?

But I guess I might have a question... what does a Shakespeare quote have to do with this spiritual entity?

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
In that scene, Hamlet is speaking specifically about the existence of ghosts, and the "philosophies" to which he is referring include all religious ones. I wish people would stop evoking that line as some sort of anti-scepticism creed.

My apologies, but I'm far more a Shakespeare scholar than a Biblical one, and therefore my own (and many other's) input in this subject will be minimal at worst and sarcastic at best. I shall do my best not to intrude upon this thread any more.

Lenbenhear

lenbenhearNOW
In answer to a private message just sent: I am 65 years young. live in central Philippines. have been a teacher and researchist for many years.

This thread is for serious answers to a mystery that most never look into.
YES, virginia, there is a spiritual world & spiritual beings.
NO, virginia, this CANNOT be proven scientifically or mathematically.

YES, virginia, there ARE MORAL LAWS, ... and absolutely everyone is subject to them, ... like it or not. ... if someone has NOT found this to be true: you have learned absolutely NOTHING in the life worthwhile up to now.
you REAP what you sow. everyone.

Lenbenhear

lenbenhearNOW
As to what Shakespeare meant: he was referring to those who *think they can discount any thoughts or philosophies or spiritual realities that do not "fit" with their own limited view.* - it was (and is) the basic meaning of the thought & passage. ... tho people can certainly attempt to try to make it seem otherwise.

jasonwill2

In answer to a private message just sent: I am 65 years young. live in central Philippines. have been a teacher and researchist for many years.

YES, virginia, there ARE MORAL LAWS, ... and absolutely everyone is subject to them, ... like it or not. ... if someone has NOT found this to be true: you have learned absolutely NOTHING in the life worthwhile up to now.

It's WEST Virginia, WEST.

We ARE AN ENTIRE STATE! We are not Virginia! We are WEST VIRGINIA!

This is Virginia:

images

THIS is West Virginia:

images

Also I never asked about moral laws, I just asked if you could be more specific about your religion and maybe give me an idea of where you lived and how old you were after giving the same details about myself... I have no idea why you decided to announce the details to everyone in an unrelated topic.

And since you have grouped themost awesome and coolest state everto those lame easterners... well I just don't know what to say.
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/home-town/137756-why-west-virginia-awesome.html

On the other hand, what proof do you have of this alleged morality? I see no justice in this world, only vengeance, and the justice we make with it. And while people do reap what they sow if they hang around enough, who says that they will stay around for people to get their vengeance? I think it more means that if you seed hate, hate will return to you, and if you seed love, love will return to you. But that only works if you stay around long enough for that environment to react to you.

Lenbenhear

lenbenhearNOW
As I said: satanists and mockers will be ignored.

If you have something actually INTELLIGENT or worthwhile to say: fine.

otherwise: ignored.

I am looking for intelligent & legitimate feedback. satanists need not apply.

... I already know & understand their "agenda". - ie/contempt & hate.

I have better things to do with my time than reply to contempt & hate.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep

So you do only care about confirmation, not debate.

otokage007

:eek:.............

jasonwill2

What??? :eek: You never mentioned Satanists before! I never mocked you! :no:

Your the one mocking my beloved home state by equating us Mountaineers to those eastern 'Virginians'! :eek::p :D (joking aside...)

:confused: Why are you ignoring me on the basis of being a Satanist? :confused: I asked a legitimate and honest question when I asked:

"what proof do you have of this alleged morality? I see no justice in this world, only vengeance, and the justice we make with it. And while people do reap what they sow if they hang around enough, who says that they will stay around for people to get their vengeance? I think it more means that if you seed hate, hate will return to you, and if you seed love, love will return to you. But that only works if you stay around long enough for that environment to react to you."

:eek:.............

I know! some people think West Virginia and Virginia are the same state!

OK I'll stop making off-topic jokes about my state now before it gets out of hand.