• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHO IS GOD'S TRUE ISRAEL IN THE NEW COVENANT?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
the name Israel is only a name given by God to all those who believe and obey what Gods Word says.
Nope. Actually, the vast bulk of the Tanakh (Old Testament) deals with the fact that the Israelites often did NOT believe and obey. Indeed, no sooner did Moses ascend Mt Sinai to get the commandments, than Israel reverted to making a golden calf to worship. Did they stop being Israel when they sinned? No.

Elihoenai

Thanks for your response. Sorry for the slow reply. Do you have a Levite Priest and a temple and practice animal sacrifices and sin offerings every time you commit a sin? Do you know what the old covenant laws of animal sacrifices and sin offerings and circumcision represent in the new covenant?
Hebrews 10:9

9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

In the Holy Scriptures/Bible from Genesis to Revelation Elohim/God teaches Esoteric and Exoteric Knowledge. Esoteric Knowledge is Inward and Exoteric Knowledge is Outward. When you Interpret the Holy Scriptures/Bible Inwardly it produces the Spiritual Jew and When you Interpret the Holy Scriptures/Bible Outwardly it produces the Outward Jew.

The Levitical Priesthood Must be Practised for the Earthly Ministry. To Enter into the Better New Covenant the Old Covenant Must be Practised

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Hebrews 10:9

9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

In the Holy Scriptures/Bible from Genesis to Revelation Elohim/God teaches Esoteric and Exoteric Knowledge. Esoteric Knowledge is Inward and Exoteric Knowledge is Outward. When you Interpret the Holy Scriptures/Bible Inwardly it produces the Spiritual Jew and When you Interpret the Holy Scriptures/Bible Outwardly it produces the Outward Jew.

The Levitical Priesthood Must be Practised for the Earthly Ministry. To Enter into the Better New Covenant the Old Covenant Must be Practised
Is there some reason why you posted a random verse instead of answering the question you chose to quote?

3rdAngel

Nope. Actually, the vast bulk of the Tanakh (Old Testament) deals with the fact that the Israelites often did NOT believe and obey. Indeed, no sooner did Moses ascend Mt Sinai to get the commandments, than Israel reverted to making a golden calf to worship. Did they stop being Israel when they sinned? No.
Yep.. You just made my point. Even though the vast majority of Israelite's in the old testament did not believe and obey what Gods Word says. God still had people that did. You might want to also note the old covenant laws for those Israelite's that were caught in known unrepentant sin who no longer chose to believe and obey what Gods Word says. They were to be cast out of Israel and under civil law stoned if they would not repent and confess their sins to God (let me know if you would like me to share them with you). What this was teaching is that Gods Israel are only those who believe and obey Gods Word. That is what makes us Gods people or not Gods people and who Gods true Israel is according to the scriptures in both covenants. As already proven in the scriptures already posted in the OP from the old and new covenant scriptures you do not want to discuss Gods true people have only ever been those who choose to believe and obey Gods Word (present tense). see the scriptures already posted in post # 1 linked; post # 3 linked; post #4 linked. You simply choose to ignored them. If you disagree please provide a detailed scriptural response to the three linked posts and the scriptures provided in them that outline who Gods Israel is in the new covenant that are in disagreement with you.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

It appears random to you. Remember that I'm a Christian Monk with a Different Consciousness from Normal People. Let's see what @3rdAngel thinks.
Hi @Elihoenai. Happy 2024 and @IndigoChild5559. I think what @Elihoenai is trying to say (please correct me if this is not what you are saying) is that sin starts in our mind (thoughts and feelings - see Matthew 5:28). Gods true salvation begins in the mind through faith in His Word and salvation is from the inside out. (e.g. start with our mind, thoughts and feeling). This is why Jesus says that if our righteousness does not exceed the righteousness of the Scribes and Pharisees we will not enter into the kingdom of Heaven. We need to be born again of the Spirit of God from the inside out to believe and obey Gods Word. This is what Gods new covenant promise is about from Jeremiah 31:31-34; Ezekial 36:24-27 repeated in Hebrews 8:10-12. You see the Scribes and the Pharisees and the teachers of the law in Jesus day and today obeyed Gods Word and law externally but unwardly they were like dead mans bones full of sin and unbelief not believing and obeying Gods Word from the heart which is where Gods salvation begins and is Gods new covenant promise to all those who have been born again through faith in His Word to walk in Gods Spirit who have been given a new heart to love God and their fellow man. The uncoverted natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God neither can he know them for they are foolishness unto him."

Let me know if this is what you are meaning @Elihoenai?

Happy 2024.

Last edited:

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hello @blü 2 long time no see. Its actually a biblical view that is proven in both the old and new testament scripture. Of course the covenants are both different.
Funny, that, hey?

However, as shown on page one of this OP the scriptures teach in both the Tanakh and New testament scriptures that the name Israel is only a name given by God to all those who believe and obey what Gods Word says.
My point is that we can safely ignore the NT if we want to understand the God of the Jewish nation.

Nothing personal but as to your claim that there is no where in the old testament scriptures teaching of the prophecies of Jesus is simply a statement of ignorance and nonsense repeated by unbelievers that do not know God or believe His Word. So please forgive me if I do not believe you.
Let me give you a well-known example of a contrived "prophecy", the virgin birth of Jesus in Matthew and Luke, based on Isaiah 7:14. The word in the Tanakh is ʿalmâ, young woman. Were she specifically a virgin she's be bᵊṯûlâ. The problem here arises when the translators of the Septuagint translated ʿalmâ as parthenos, 'virgin' as such.

And had the respective authors of Matthew and of Luke actually paid any attention to their source, they would have found that the young woman mentioned in Isaiah has born her child and that part of the story is over and done with by the end of Isaiah 8.

Or what about the author of Matthew inventing the 'Taxation Census' story to get Jesus to be born in Bethlehem to “fulfill” Micah 5:2?

And the unhistoric or grossly exaggerated 'Massacre of the Innocents' story to get Jesus into Egypt to “fulfill” Hosea 11.1?

In the same spirit, he absurdly sits Jesus across a foal and a donkey to ride into Jerusalem "to fulfill prophecy" (Matthew 21:2-5) in Zechariah 9.9.

What about the crucifixion scenes not being historical but modeled on eg Psalm 22 and Amos 8?

Perhaps they should have considered something along the lines of South Park's disclaimer: "All characters and events in this show—even those based on real people—are entirely fictional. All celebrity voices are impersonated... poorly. The following program contains coarse language and due to its content it should not be viewed by anyone."

There may have been an historical person Jesus, but if so, none of the gospel authors ever met him, and as the devising of the gospels shows, they didn't know much about him either, including, given he was crucified, his crucifixion.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Judaism arguing with Christianity about Truth is a fool's errand.

They are polar opposite religions.

Christianity is a religion of followers of Christ.

Judaism does not accept/embrace Christ in the least and they even make laws against any utterance of His Holy Name.
Indeed, and not least because nothing about Jesus qualified him as a Jewish messiah, since he was neither a civil, military or religious leader of the Jewish people nor anointed by the priesthood (which as you know is what 'messiah' means).

3rdAngel

Funny, that, hey?
Yep Gods Word is amazing but it is hidden from those who do not believe it.
My point is that we can safely ignore the NT if we want to understand the God of the Jewish nation.
For me personally I would disagree. The new testament comes from the old testament scriptures. Together they are the Word of God.
According to the scriptures, the name "Israel" is only a name given by God to all those who choose to have faith in His Word. In the new covenant scriptures, I would like to pose that Gods true Israel in the new covenant are no longer those born of the flesh of the seed of Abraham (Romans 9:6-8; Romans 2:28-29 and Galatians 3:28-29) but are now all those who are born again of the Spirit of God through faith (see John 3:3-7; compare 1 John 3:4-10 and Galatians 5:16; Romans 8:1-4) into Gods new covenant promise (Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:24-27). Therefore, Gods Israel according to the scriptures in the new covenant are now all those who through faith believe and follow what Gods Word says and all believers both Jews and gentiles are all now one in Christ (Romans 10:11-13; Colossians 3:11) through faith in Gods Word. Gentile believers have been grafted in with Jewish believers (Romans 11:13-27). According to the scriptures, if we are not a part of Gods Israel in the new covenant then we have no part in God's new covenant promise *Hebrews 8:10-12. God never made His new covenant with Gentiles (Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:24-27) but with believers regardless of their heritage.

According to the torah and new covenant scriptures the Messiah also represents God's true ISRAEL as an individual as it was applied to Jacob and as to those who also believe and follow God's Word. The Messiah (Jesus Christ) and his followers are Gods true Israel born of the Spirit of God, are the anti-type, the Israel in the flesh that is not the type as Jacob was or the nation of Israel born of the seen of Abraham. According to the scriptures, Jesus is Israel (Matthew 2:13-15, compare with Hosea 11:1; as are all his disciples all through time; Hebrews 2:13; Isaiah 8:16,18; John 13:33), the true "overcomer" (John 16:33; Revelation 3:21), the real "Prince" with God (Isaiah 9:6; Daniel 8:11,25, 9:25, 10:13,21, 11:22, 12:1; Acts 3:15, 5:31; Revelation 1:5), being Lord over His own house, whose house are we (Psalms 98:3; Hebrews 3:6; Jeremiah 31:33), who himself is the "elect" (Isaiah 42:1; Matthew 12:18; 1 Peter 2:6) of the Father, in whom all the promises of God find their realization (2 Corinthians 1:20). The promises made by God were all based upon condition (Exodus 19) see Matthew 2:13-15; Hosea 11:1; Jeremiah 31:33; Romans 9:6-8; Hebrews 2:13; Isaiah 8:16,18; John 13:33, 16:33, 17:12, 18:9, 21:5; 1 Corinthians 15:46; 2 Corinthians 1:20; Galatians 6:16; Hebrews 3:6, 8:8,10; Revelation 3:21

'Israel' "born after the flesh of the seed of Abraham", as an unbelieving 'nation', is left desolate (Matthew 23:38; Luke 13:35), to bear no more fruit ever again (Matthew 21:19), cursed, withered away (Mark 11:21), dried up from the roots (Mark 11:20), "twice dead" (Jude 1:12), and the axe already laid at their root (Matthew 3:10; Luke 3:9), cut down and to be thrown into the fire. The New [or Everlasting] Covenant is only made with the spiritual “Israel” (Jesus Christ, the "elect" of the Father; Isaiah 42:1; Matthew 12:18-20), this “Judah” (Revelation 5:5) and His “house” (2 Corinthians 1:20 - For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.; – for Christ Jesus, the true “Israel” is the “elect” of God, and thus all who choose to be in Him; see Isaiah 42:1, 45:4, 65:9) The new testament scriptures portray JESUS as the head and those who believe and follow his Word as the body *Ephesians 1:22; 4:15; 5:23; Colossians 1:18. God's ISRAEL are all those who believe and follow God's Word.
Let me give you a well-known example of a contrived "prophecy", the virgin birth of Jesus in Matthew and Luke, based on Isaiah 7:14. The word in the Tanakh is ʿalmâ, young woman. Were she specifically a virgin she's be bᵊṯûlâ. The problem here arises when the translators of the Septuagint translated ʿalmâ as parthenos, 'virgin' as such.

And had the respective authors of Matthew and of Luke actually paid any attention to their source, they would have found that the young woman mentioned in Isaiah has born her child and that part of the story is over and done with by the end of Isaiah 8.

Or what about the author of Matthew inventing the 'Taxation Census' story to get Jesus to be born in Bethlehem to “fulfill” Micah 5:2?

And the unhistoric or grossly exaggerated 'Massacre of the Innocents' story to get Jesus into Egypt to “fulfill” Hosea 11.1?

In the same spirit, he absurdly sits Jesus across a foal and a donkey to ride into Jerusalem "to fulfill prophecy" (Matthew 21:2-5) in Zechariah 9.9.

What about the crucifixion scenes not being historical but modeled on eg Psalm 22 and Amos 8?

Perhaps they should have considered something along the lines of South Park's disclaimer: "All characters and events in this show—even those based on real people—are entirely fictional. All celebrity voices are impersonated... poorly. The following program contains coarse language and due to its content it should not be viewed by anyone."

There may have been an historical person Jesus, but if so, none of the gospel authors ever met him, and as the devising of the gospels shows, they didn't know much about him either, including, given he was crucified, his crucifixion.
You as an unbeliever claim that the virgin birth is a contrived prophecy because you are still in your sins and unbelief like all those who rejected Jesus as Gods Messiah that the scriptures point to so you cannot know God and His Word while you close your eyes and ears to seeing and hearing Gods Word. For example you might want to also consider that the Greek word used for ʿalmâ, young woman as parthenos, 'virgin' actually comes form the Hebrew to Greek translation of the Septuagint that was translated from the Hebrew to Greek by 70+ Hebrew scholars.

You might want to consider that the translation of עלמה; ‛almâh Feminine of elem H5958 (young man); means a girl (as veiled or private): - damsel, maid, virgin. This is in reference to a young woman ripe sexually and of marriageable age but has not known a man. The word עלמה ‛almâh, is derived from the verb עלם ‛âlam, "to conceal, to hide, to cover. Veiled or private meaning hidden from man. That is someone still living with their parents who does not know a man (veiled or private) sexually.

MA'IDEN, noun meaning is an unmarried woman, or a young unmarried woman; a virgin or can also mean a female slave. As part of the Hebrew culture young sexually ripe woman (girls, maidens and damsels) were assumed to be virgins before knowing a man sexually.

The word here translated a virgin, is applied to Rebekah Genesis 24:43, and to Miriam, the sister of Moses, Exodus 2:8 (young unmarried maidens; virgins who had not known a man). It occurs in only seven places in the Old Testament. Besides those already mentioned, it is found in Psalm 68:25; Song of Soloman 1:3; Song of Soloman 6:8; and Proverbs 30:19. In all these places, it is used in its obvious natural sense, to denote a young, unmarried female virgins.

The generally correct Hebrew word for virgin בתולה bethûlâh which, denotes a pure virgin but בתולה bethûlâh is applied to woman of any age group, where as עלמה; ‛almâh is applied specifically to young unmarried women therefore bethûlâh is not age specific where as עלמה; ‛almâh is applied to young woman of marriagble age who have been hidden from men and not known man sexually – virgin, which is the application of all the scriptures that עלמה; ‛almâh as applied in the scriptures in the torah.

The whole connection to every scripture where עלמה; ‛almâh is used, requires us to understand it of a young woman of marrageable age who was "not then married," and hidden from man sexually and who was, therefore, regarded and designated as a virgin.

There is no use of the Hebrew word עלמה; ‛almâh to somone that is married and not a virgin in the torah so the Greek translation of the Hebrew word עלמה; ‛almâh to παρθένος; parthenos meaning a maiden ; by implication an unmarried daughter: - virgin is the most accurate translation to English and proper meaning of the Hebrew word עלמה; ‛almâh applied in the text of ISAIAH 7:14 to denote a young unmarried women of marrageable age that has been hidden from men sexually - a young unmarried virgin.

You will never know God or find Him in sin and unbelief @blü 2 . You will also find many excuses to be tempted into unbelief and sin. Only death awaits all who travel that path according to the scriptures (Ezekiel 18:4). The wisdom of this world is foolishness in Gods eyes and unbelievers cannot know God or see Him. Please forgive me if I do not believe you but fear not time will tell who is right and who is wrong. If you are wrong Blu you have a lot to lose.

Take Care.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yep Gods Word is amazing but it is hidden from those who do not believe it.

For me personally I would disagree. The new testament comes from the old testament scriptures. Together they are the Word of God.
According to the scriptures, the name "Israel" is only a name given by God to all those who choose to have faith in His Word. In the new covenant scriptures, I would like to pose that Gods true Israel in the new covenant are no longer those born of the flesh of the seed of Abraham (Romans 9:6-8; Romans 2:28-29 and Galatians 3:28-29) but are now all those who are born again of the Spirit of God through faith (see John 3:3-7; compare 1 John 3:4-10 and Galatians 5:16; Romans 8:1-4) into Gods new covenant promise (Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:24-27). Therefore, Gods Israel according to the scriptures in the new covenant are now all those who through faith believe and follow what Gods Word says and all believers both Jews and gentiles are all now one in Christ (Romans 10:11-13; Colossians 3:11) through faith in Gods Word. Gentile believers have been grafted in with Jewish believers (Romans 11:13-27). According to the scriptures, if we are not a part of Gods Israel in the new covenant then we have no part in God's new covenant promise *Hebrews 8:10-12. God never made His new covenant with Gentiles (Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:24-27) but with believers regardless of their heritage.
I accept that such a view is held by many Christians. But as I stated at the start, I can't see any basis for the writers of the NT to tell the people of the Tanakh what the Tanakh means. None of the NT was written by an eyewitness to the events described, and the key ones are structured so as to conform with passages from the Tanakh, NOT from history ─ as in the examples I gave, though there is a larger picture of that kind too.

The Messiah (Jesus Christ) and his followers are Gods true Israel born of the Spirit of God, are the anti-type, the Israel in the flesh that is not the type as Jacob was or the nation of Israel born of the seen of Abraham.
Jesus may be a messiah as an honorary title bestowed by his followers, but as I said, at no stage did he qualify as a Jewish messiah, the only kind, it seems to me, that matters in this discussion.

According to the scriptures, Jesus is Israel (Matthew 2:13-15, compare with Hosea 11:1; as are all his disciples all through time; Hebrews 2:13; Isaiah 8:16,18; John 13:33), the true "overcomer" (John 16:33; Revelation 3:21), the real "Prince" with God (Isaiah 9:6; Daniel 8:11,25, 9:25, 10:13,21, 11:22, 12:1; Acts 3:15, 5:31; Revelation 1:5), being Lord over His own house, whose house are we (Psalms 98:3; Hebrews 3:6; Jeremiah 31:33), who himself is the "elect" (Isaiah 42:1; Matthew 12:18; 1 Peter 2:6) of the Father, in whom all the promises of God find their realization (2 Corinthians 1:20). The promises made by God were all based upon condition (Exodus 19) see Matthew 2:13-15; Hosea 11:1; Jeremiah 31:33; Romans 9:6-8; Hebrews 2:13; Isaiah 8:16,18; John 13:33, 16:33, 17:12, 18:9, 21:5; 1 Corinthians 15:46; 2 Corinthians 1:20; Galatians 6:16; Hebrews 3:6, 8:8,10; Revelation 3:21
Wrong and irrelevant scriptures, from my POV. The Christians were never in a position to tell the Jewish nation who was the messiah of the Jewish nation and who was not, nor would any Jewish person, even one of great goodwill, have recognized Jesus as a Jewish messiah in any sense.

You as an unbeliever claim that the virgin birth is a contrived prophecy because you are still in your sins and unbelief like all those who rejected Jesus as Gods Messiah that the scriptures point to so you cannot know God and His Word while you close your eyes and ears to seeing and hearing Gods Word.
Have you read the text? No objective onlooker could possibly regard the virgin birth as a credible story.

Not only that, but the story is baldly contradicted in Mark, where Jesus is simply a young Jewish male who, when he's been baptized by JtB, sees the heavens open and God ADOPT him as [his] son just as [he] adopted David in Psalm 2:7 ─ a matter specifically affirmed in Acts 13:33. If Mark's Jesus was already God's literal genetic son with God's own Y-chromosome, the adoption is nonsense.

And although it's a totally astounding tale, Paul never mentions it or hints at it, and the respective authors of Mark and John never mention it or hint at it. Its presence in Matthew and Luke can be credibly explained as retrofitting to a faulty text in the Septuagint. No impartial onlooker is going to accept it even as a historical possibility, let alone a historical datum.

For example you might want to also consider that the Greek word used for ʿalmâ, young woman as parthenos, 'virgin' actually comes form the Hebrew to Greek translation of the Septuagint that was translated from the Hebrew to Greek by 70+ Hebrew scholars.
Too many cooks, you say? That might well explain it.

MA'IDEN, noun meaning is an unmarried woman, or a young unmarried woman; a virgin or can also mean a female slave. As part of the Hebrew culture young sexually ripe woman (girls, maidens and damsels) were assumed to be virgins before knowing a man sexually.
Behold a woman shall conceive and bear a child. Fine.

Behold an unmarried woman shall conceive and bear a child. Fine.

Behold a virgin shall become pregnant by autoconception and bear a child with a Y-chromosome, something she doesn't personally have, nope. That's self-evidently not believable.

You will never know God or find Him in sin and unbelief @blü 2 .
It's not as if >I haven't looked<.

You will also find many excuses to be tempted into unbelief and sin. Only death awaits all who travel that path according to the scriptures (Ezekiel 18:4).
Ah, yes, Ezekiel 18. Read it carefully, not least verse 20. It says that sin can't be inherited, that there's no original sin. Of course there's no mention of sin in the Garden story either ─ how could there be, considering that Eve had expressly been denied knowledge of good and evil and it was therefore impossible for her to form an intention to do wrong, hence to sin. But that's changing the subject, apologies.

3rdAngel

I accept that such a view is held by many Christians. But as I stated at the start, I can't see any basis for the writers of the NT to tell the people of the Tanakh what the Tanakh means. None of the NT was written by an eyewitness to the events described, and the key ones are structured so as to conform with passages from the Tanakh, NOT from history ─ as in the examples I gave, though there is a larger picture of that kind too.
It is a larger view held by many Christians of the old and new covenant scriptures because that is what the scriptures teach. I think what you are missing here is that God is not the God of the dead but of the living. His Word is for the living and it says that those who are His people are those who believe and obey His Word. Gods people have never been those who do not believe and do not obey His Word.
Jesus may be a messiah as an honorary title bestowed by his followers, but as I said, at no stage did he qualify as a Jewish messiah, the only kind, it seems to me, that matters in this discussion.
As already proven through the scriptures in the very ones you posted that statement and claim has no truth in it and is simply a statement of unbelief in the scriptures already shared with you in my last post that are in disagreement with you. I do not expect you to understand the scriptures however because you do not believe in God or His Words. Therefore you cannot understand God of see and hear Him.
Wrong and irrelevant scriptures, from my POV. The Christians were never in a position to tell the Jewish nation who was the messiah of the Jewish nation and who was not, nor would any Jewish person, even one of great goodwill, have recognized Jesus as a Jewish messiah in any sense.
That is a wrong and irrelevant claim from my POV. I think the evidence already provided in my last post demonstrates this. I did not expect you to agree with it because you are an unbeliever who chooses not to believe God and His Word. I simply posted if for you to show why I did not believe your earlier claims in your post about the virgin birth and why I called your claims nonsense by looking at the original Hebrew and Greek in case it might be helpful to other believers.
No objective onlooker could possibly regard the virgin birth as a credible story.
You mean to say hear "no unbeliever could possible regard the virgin birth as a credible story." This is because according to the scriptures, "the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness to him: neither can he know them, because they are foolishness unto him and spiritual things are spiritually discerned." (1 Corinthians 2:14) and again "For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He takes the wise in their own craftiness." (1 Corinthians 3:19).
Not only that, but the story is baldly contradicted in Mark, where Jesus is simply a young Jewish male who, when he's been baptized by JtB, sees the heavens open and God ADOPT him as [his] son just as [he] adopted David in Psalm 2:7 ─ a matter specifically affirmed in Acts 13:33. If Mark's Jesus was already God's literal genetic son with God's own Y-chromosome, the adoption is nonsense.

And although it's a totally astounding tale, Paul never mentions it or hints at it, and the respective authors of Mark and John never mention it or hint at it. Its presence in Matthew and Luke can be credibly explained as retrofitting to a faulty text in the Septuagint. No impartial onlooker is going to accept it even as a historical possibility, let alone a historical datum.
This section for me does not really add any credibility to any thing you have posted so far in my view. There is no contradictions in the scriptures that I can see. Only poor interpretation of the scriptures from an unbelievers point of view. As posted earlier, spiritual things are spiritually discerned. There was no faulty text in the Septuagint unless you are trying to now argue that the 70+ Hebrew scholars that all translated and checked the Hebrew scriptures when translating them into the Greek all collectively got it wrong? I am not sure what your Hebrew credentials are but I suggest you re-read my last post to you that is in disagreement with you and proves why your position is incorrect from the original Hebrew, and supporting translations to the Septuagint.
Ah, yes, Ezekiel 18. Read it carefully, not least verse 20. It says that sin can't be inherited, that there's no original sin. Of course there's no mention of sin in the Garden story either ─ how could there be, considering that Eve had expressly been denied knowledge of good and evil and it was therefore impossible for her to form an intention to do wrong, hence to sin. But that's changing the subject, apologies.
A lot of your post was repetition here already addressed in the last post to you (much of which you simply choose to ignore). Perhaps what you are not considering here or missed the point of why Ezekiel 18 4 was posted to you. It is simply stating if we continue in sin and unbelief we will die in our sins and unbelief. So not sure what point you are trying to make in the last section of your post here but thanks for sharing your view.

Take Care.

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
More ignorance and delusional denial of plain facts.
The problem of understanding plain fact is in your court.

Example can you present any objective evidence of text of the Pentateuch before ~600 BCE?

Dan present any evidence of witnesses to the existence of Jesus in life"

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is a larger view held by many Christians of the old and new covenant scriptures because that is what the scriptures teach.
As Ms Keeler might have put it, they would say that, wouldn't they.

And the Tanakh does NOT teach that the NT is part of Jewish scripture, or that it affects the covenant in any way.

I think what you are missing here is that God is not the God of the dead but of the living. His Word is for the living and it says that those who are His people are those who believe and obey His Word. Gods people have never been those who do not believe and do not obey His Word.
But which God, the Jewish or the Christian one? They're totally different ─ the Jewish God is not triune, nor needs to be, for instance.

As already proven through the scriptures in the very ones you posted that statement and claim has no truth in it and is simply a statement of unbelief in the scriptures already shared with you in my last post that are in disagreement with you.
The question is easily resolved. Let's ask someone who's mainstream Jewish.

I do not expect you to understand the scriptures however because you do not believe in God or His Words. Therefore you cannot understand God of see and hear Him.
I think it would be greatly to the advantage of your understanding if you were to read what the bible says, Tanakh and NT, with a critical instead of a credulous eye, the same way you'd read and appreciate any other ancient document. What, when, where, by whom, for what purpose? A major difference between us appears to be that I don't believe in magic.

That is a wrong and irrelevant claim from my POV. I think the evidence already provided in my last post demonstrates this. I did not expect you to agree with it because you are an unbeliever who chooses not to believe God and His Word.
I'd happily believe in God if there were any evidence that God had objective existence, could be found as a real entity in reality, the world external to the self. But as you know, God never appears, never says, never does, never saves the innocent drowning child, never intercepts the murderer, sits on [his] almighty hands as the road toll rises, humans poison the air and boil the planet, and so on.

There isn't even a description of the real God such that if we found a real suspect we could determine whether it was God or not. Nor is there any meaningful definition of "godness", the real quality that a real god would have and a real superscientist who could create universes, raise the dead, &c, would lack.

All that is consistent with God being a concept, an idea, a thing imagined, in individual brains, not least in acculturated brains. That's why Jesus is irrelevant to Buddhists except in certain philosophical ways, and the Buddha is irrelevant to Christians.

I simply posted if for you to show why I did not believe your earlier claims in your post about the virgin birth and why I called your claims nonsense by looking at the original Hebrew and Greek in case it might be helpful to other believers.
Thank you for your views. We will of course continue to disagree, I take it.

You mean to say hear "no unbeliever could possible regard the virgin birth as a credible story." This is because according to the scriptures, "the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness to him: neither can he know them, because they are foolishness unto him and spiritual things are spiritually discerned." (1 Corinthians 2:14) and again "For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He takes the wise in their own craftiness." (1 Corinthians 3:19).
Just about all religions, all political parties, even sports teams, encourage you to have faith, to belong, to accept the legends and the stories in the name of the greater good of the group.

This section for me does not really add any credibility to any thing you have posted so far in my view. There is no contradictions in the scriptures that I can see.
Then I can only conclude that you haven't read the NT with sufficient care.

In chronological order, Paul's Jesus pre-existed in heaven with God and created the material universe (you can see touches of gnosticism there), and came to earth as a human in some or other manner not worth mentioning except that he's descended from David.

Mark's Jesus is an ordinary Jewish male until his baptism and adoption by God following his baptism (the only one of the five not claiming descent from David).

Matthew's is born of a virgin.

Luke's is born of a virgin. In Matthew and Luke the attempts to have their Jesuses descended from David are (a) fake and (b) irreconcilable and (c) farcical, since they're genealogies for Joseph, very specifically NOT Jesus' father.

And John's pre-existed in heaven with God, and created the material universe (that gnostic touch again) and like Paul's came to earth in some or other manner not worth mentioning except that he too is descended from David ie nothing so remarkable as parthenogenesis is involved.

All of that is set out loud and plain in the NT. All you have to do is read it.

As posted earlier, spiritual things are spiritually discerned.
Is there an objective test that can distinguish spiritual things from imaginary things?

Last edited:

3rdAngel

As Ms Keeler might have put it, they would say that, wouldn't they. And the Tanakh does NOT teach that the NT is part of Jewish scripture, or that it affects the covenant in any way.
Well if you understood both the new covenant and old covenant scriptures you would understand that the new covenant scriptures come out of the old covenant scriptures. That is their origins. So for me to make the claim of an unbeliever that the Tanakh does not teach the new testament scriptures is nonfactual nonsense and simply a comment made by those who do not believe Gods Word.
But which God, the Jewish or the Christian one? They're totally different ─ the Jewish God is not triune, nor needs to be, for instance.
Nonsense. If you understood and know Gods Word and the old and new testament scriptures you would know that we are talking about the very same God you deny and do not believe.
The question is easily resolved. Let's ask someone who's mainstream Jewish.
Why? Could it be because your answer has already been given but you did not like the answer because it was in disagreement with you? My earlier posts to you already answers this question from 70+ Hebrew scholars that translated Isaiah into the Greek Septuagint. These are all in agreement with what I posted to you in my first response to you. So what you are telling me here is that they all got it wrong because they do not agree with your unbelief?
I think it would be greatly to the advantage of your understanding if you were to read what the bible says, Tanakh and NT, with a critical instead of a credulous eye, the same way you'd read and appreciate any other ancient document. What, when, where, by whom, for what purpose? A major difference between us appears to be that I don't believe in magic.
Yes thanks. I read what the bible says. I am not really interested in you trying to justify your unbelief which is not what the bible teaches. Lets be honest. All you are posting here is you trying to justify your unbelief. I do not believe you and I have proven why I do not believe you from the scriptures. I think our discussion would go better though if you actually tried to address my posts that prove why what you claim is not true. If you cannot there is nothing much we can further discuss. So please forgive me if I do not believe you.
I'd happily believe in God if there were any evidence that God had objective existence, could be found as a real entity in reality, the world external to the self.
I use to think that way. I also use to be an atheist Blu. Then one day I started thinking there must be more to life, than eating, drinking, working, sleeping and dying. I mean I knew that Christians could not prove to me that God was real in my unbelief but deep down Blu... I knew I also could not prove that there was no God either. I came to the realization that I by believing in atheism was living just as much by faith as my religious friends. Then I started thinking what if God is real and I am wrong? This question haunted me for some time until I decided why not go and see if God really is in religion? I mean what did I have to lose right? At the very least I could claim that God was not real and I have looked right? So I slowly started looking. I started with Buddhism.. but I did not find God or peace there. I then looked into some of the Eastern philosophy religions (Taoism; Daoism) there was no peace and God there so I left. Then looked into the New Age religions and did not find any peace or God there so I left. Then I looked into Islam.. no peace and God was found there either so I left. There was no God and peace also in Hinduism. Here I was ready to give up and feeling pretty pleased with my self not finding any God or peace in these religions. The a little voice in my mind said "You still have not tried Christianity. You see Christianity was the very last place I thought God would be. But I thought well I only have this one to go why not have a quick look. I did not go to Church I just decided to read the bible for myself at home and pray to God to help me to see if he was here or not. I started reading the bible for myself.... It was different, I had this strange awareness of peace and of a presence being with me that was much greater than me... I started getting answers to pray that I could not explain. I started learning things about myself that started making sense. Now let me tell you. As an unbeliever we can never see God of find Him because to find God and for God to reveal Him self to us we must want to believe and obey His Word. I was all in and genuine in wanting to find God, now I have no doubt that God is 1000% real. Since that time I have had strange visions and dreams I also cannot explain away. Whats happened? God gave me evidence that He is real to me personally because I choose to seek him and believe and obey His Word. I do not need anyone to tell me God is real or not real because I know God is real. He knows me and I know Him. I was an athiest once until God proved me wrong and here I still am today finally realizing that my unbelief was what closed my eyes to seeing and my ears to earing God who was all this time calling me to himself. I disagree with you my friend. God does indeed appear to all those who look for him. Those who do not believe of look for God are the ones that will never find Him in this life.
But as you know, God never appears, never says, never does, never saves the innocent drowning child, never intercepts the murderer, sits on [his] almighty hands as the road toll rises, humans poison the air and boil the planet, and so on.
That is your view as an unbeliever because you do not see God or know Him. I disagree with your view and have heard a lot of testimonies from believeing disproving your claims here of how God had miracoulously saved them different experience like this in their lives and have answered their prayers. The bible testifies of the same too in both the old and new testament scriptures. I think what you do not see here as well Blu because you are looking through your glasses of unbelief is that this short life is only a test for a better life to come. Every bit of sadness, and suffering in this world we live in today is because the world does not believe and obey what Gods Word says. Sin is the cause of all sadness and suffering that we have in this world today, weather you are talking about the murderer that kills someone in your family, your friends that lie to you, others that seek to commit adultery with your wife.. etc etc. You get the picture.
There isn't even a description of the real God such that if we found a real suspect we could determine whether it was God or not. Nor is there any meaningful definition of "godness", the real quality that a real god would have and a real superscientist who could create universes, raise the dead, &c, would lack. All that is consistent with God being a concept, an idea, a thing imagined, in individual brains, not least in acculturated brains. That's why Jesus is irrelevant to Buddhists except in certain philosophical ways, and the Buddha is irrelevant to Christians.
Well that is not true. God is described all through the old and new testament scriptures but you just choose not to believe these scriptures right? Well of course you will not have Christians agreeing with other religions if they know the one true God and that our salvation is contiional on us believing and obeing what His Word says. God is very consistent. You just choose not to see this while at the same time blaming our choice for sin on God when it is us who have free will to choose to believe and obey God or not.
Just about all religions, all political parties, even sports teams, encourage you to have faith, to belong, to accept the legends and the stories in the name of the greater good of the group.
Yes even the religion of Atheism right even though they cannot prove there is no God but I agree just because someone believes something does not mean what that person believes is true. That was the case for me when I was an atheist who believed there was no God.
Then I can only conclude that you haven't read the NT with sufficient care.
I have indeed read the new testament with sufficient care. I know the old and the new testament scriptures it seems much better than you do and the very God who gave them to us.
In chronological order, Paul's Jesus pre-existed in heaven with God and created the material universe (you can see touches of gnosticism there), and came to earth as a human in some or other manner not worth mentioning except that he's descended from David. Mark's Jesus is an ordinary Jewish male until his baptism and adoption by God following his baptism (the only one of the five not claiming descent from David). Matthew's is born of a virgin. Luke's is born of a virgin. In Matthew and Luke the attempts to have their Jesuses descended from David are (a) fake and (b) irreconcilable and (c) farcical, since they're genealogies for Joseph, very specifically NOT Jesus' father. And John's pre-existed in heaven with God, and created the material universe (that gnostic touch again) and like Paul's came to earth in some or other manner not worth mentioning except that he too is descended from David. John's, like Paul's, pre-existed in heaven with God and created the material universe (that gnostic touch again) and came to earth, like Paul's, in a manner not worth describing ie nothing so remarkable as parthenogenesis. All of that is set out loud and plain in the NT. All you have to do is read it. Is there an objective test that can distinguish spiritual things from imaginary things?
There is literally nothing you have posted here that I cannot answer for you just like your claims about Isaiah and the virgin birth. If I answer your claims above just like your claims about Isaiah and Luke will it change your mind and make you seek to know God and believe and follow His Word through the scriptures? Or will you just choose again like you did with my earlier posts to ignore them and continue in your unbelief and sins? (honest questions Blu. I will answer your claims here just like I did your claims about the virgin birth, in Isaiah and Luke but not if you are really not interested. It would be a waste of each others time.)

Take Care.

Last edited:

Elihoenai

Hi @Elihoenai. Happy 2024 and @IndigoChild5559. I think what @Elihoenai is trying to say (please correct me if this is not what you are saying) is that sin starts in our mind (thoughts and feelings - see Matthew 5:28). Gods true salvation begins in the mind through faith in His Word and salvation is from the inside out. (e.g. start with our mind, thoughts and feeling). This is why Jesus says that if our righteousness does not exceed the righteousness of the Scribes and Pharisees we will not enter into the kingdom of Heaven. We need to be born again of the Spirit of God from the inside out to believe and obey Gods Word. This is what Gods new covenant promise is about from Jeremiah 31:31-34; Ezekial 36:24-27 repeated in Hebrews 8:10-12. You see the Scribes and the Pharisees and the teachers of the law in Jesus day and today obeyed Gods Word and law externally but unwardly they were like dead mans bones full of sin and unbelief not believing and obeying Gods Word from the heart which is where Gods salvation begins and is Gods new covenant promise to all those who have been born again through faith in His Word to walk in Gods Spirit who have been given a new heart to love God and their fellow man. The uncoverted natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God neither can he know them for they are foolishness unto him."

Let me know if this is what you are meaning @Elihoenai?

Happy 2024.
Hi @3rdAngel,

1) I'm saying that in Holy Scriptures/Bible Elohim/God teaches Esoteric and Exoteric Knowledge. For example, in the Ten Plagues of Egypt is the Whole Country of Egypt Literally plagued with Frogs or do you think there is a Deeper Spiritual meaning? Does Moses Literally part the Sea to allow Israel to escape the Egyptians or do you consider that there is a Deeper Spiritual meaning? The Literal is the Outward Interpretation and the Spiritual the Inward Interpretation.

2) I'm saying that without practising the Old Covenant you will never enter the New Covenant. The Old Covenant is for the Earthly Ministry. How can the First Covenant be taken away given that it's Not Practiced?

Godly/Good 2024 Year!

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well if you understood both the new covenant and old covenant scriptures you would understand that the new covenant scriptures come out of the old covenant scriptures.
That 'a new covenant' is mentioned in the Tanakh does not empower the Christians to tell the Jewish nation ─ who are called God's chosen people ─ what and what is not a new covenant.

Let alone what is a new God, as the Christian god rapidly became.

That is their origins. So for me to make the claim of an unbeliever that the Tanakh does not teach the new testament scriptures is nonfactual nonsense and simply a comment made by those who do not believe Gods Word.
You're saying faith can go where the facts cannot, it appears.

Nonsense. If you understood and know Gods Word and the old and new testament scriptures you would know that we are talking about the very same God you deny and do not believe.
That was true in the period when the gospels were written, though as the antisemitism evident in John shows, already changing by then.

But every version of Jesus expressly denies that he's God, and never claims to be God, as you'll know if you've read your NT. ('Before Abraham was, I am', is made by the gnostic author of John, whose Jesus pre-existed in heaven and created the material universe, but was very clear that he himself was not God but instead worshiped God, who had sent him.

Because (a) the idea of a real virgin birth of a male child is not credible, and (b) it's claimed for a minority of Jesuses in the NT, for those of Matthew and Luke, but categorically not for the Jesus of Mark, and not even mentioned with the Jesuses of Paul and of John.

Do you want chapter and verse on any of that? Just ask.

I read what the bible says.
Apparently you don't, since everything I've told you here is explicitly set out in the NT.

I use to think that way. I also use to be an atheist Blu. Then one day I started thinking there must be more to life, than eating, drinking, working, sleeping and dying. I mean I knew that Christians could not prove to me that God was real in my unbelief but deep down Blu... I knew I also could not prove that there was no God either.
Why not? Millions of Buddhists do it every day, for instance (although some parts of Buddhism have supernatural beliefs ─ Tibetan Buddhists have a pantheon for example).

The a little voice in my mind said "You still have not tried Christianity. You see Christianity was the very last place I thought God would be. But I thought well I only have this one to go why not have a quick look. I did not go to Church I just decided to read the bible for myself at home and pray to God to help me to see if he was here or not. I started reading the bible for myself....
I assure you that outside the debate boards of RF it's no concern of mine whether you have faith or not, and I wish you well with whatever you find suits you. Some of my good friends and dearest relatives are believers, a problem easily avoided by neither side ever raising it.

But on the RF debate boards, such as this one, I express my views freely and frankly, since that's what those boards are for.
I'
It was different, I had this strange awareness of peace and of a presence being with me that was much greater than me... I started getting answers to pray that I could not explain. I started learning things about myself that started making sense. Now let me tell you. As an unbeliever we can never see God of find Him because to find God and for God to reveal Him self to us we must want to believe and obey His Word. I was all in and genuine in wanting to find God, now I have no doubt that God is 1000% real. Since that time I have had strange visions and dreams I also cannot explain away. Whats happened? God gave me evidence that He is real to me personally because I choose to seek him and believe and obey His Word. I do not need anyone to tell me God is real or not real because I know God is real. He knows me and I know Him.
As above, I wish you well.

I disagree with your view and have heard a lot of testimonies from believeing disproving your claims here of how God had miracoulously saved them different experience like this in their lives and have answered their prayers.
And yet no one has found any statistical evidence to show that prayers are anwered at any rate greater than chance. Indeed, one hospital experiment found that if (believing) patients were aware they were being prayed for, a statistically significant number of them tended to regard it as a sign that things were worse with them than they'd been told,and their condition declined accordingly.

this short life is only a test for a better life to come.
I've never seen the point of living forever. When you're a living thing, you're born with an evolved life plan built in ─ infancy and education, adolescence and breeding, adulthood, protection and hunting / foraging ─ and with humans, grandparent status, part of the enormous human biological expenditure (some 20%) on our large brains. and the long duration of infancy and dependence, at least five years. And then you die and are remembered or forgotten as may be. What sense of purpose is possible in eternal life? How do you plan to fill in the first hundred billion years, how do you plan to feel purposeful, to have a meaningful existence, to feel you're actually heading somewhere that matters? (Or as Woody Allen is said to have said, 'Eternity is very long, especially towards the end'.)

Every bit of sadness, and suffering in this world we live in today is because the world does not believe and obey what Gods Word says. Sin is the cause of all sadness and suffering that we have in this world today, weather you are talking about the murderer that kills someone in your family, your friends that lie to you, others that seek to commit adultery with your wife.. etc etc. You get the picture.
You think Christians are immune to that?

You think unbelievers are automatically offenders? I don't. I try to treat others with decency, respect, inclusion and common sense, and to do no harm. Sometimes I'm better at that than at other times, but that's what being alive is like.

Well that is not true. God is described all through the old and new testament scriptures but you just choose not to believe these scriptures right?
If God is real then God is a being out there in reality, in nature, in the world external to the self. God therefore has a description appropriate to a real being, such as height weight skin or fur color, number of limbs, number of digits, number and nature of sensory organs, and so on like other real and living things.

But instead in the bible ─ and so far everywhere else I've found ─ God is described in imaginary terms, like omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, eternal, infinite, perfect and so on.

So it remains the case that the only way God is known to exist is as an idea, concept, thing imagined, in individual (and very often acculturated) brains.

Yes even the religion of Atheism right even though they cannot prove there is no God
I'm technically an igtheist aka ignostic, since I think the idea of a real God, at least in the West, is incoherent. The correct reply when asked whether I believe in God would be, What real being do you intend to denote when you say 'God'? That's not being cute, by the way ─ it appears to be an authentic problem for believers to provide a coherent answer appropriate to a real being.

I have indeed read the new testament with sufficient care. I know the old and the new testament scriptures it seems much better than you do and the very God who gave them to us.
And yet you appear never to have noticed that there are five Jesuses in the NT built on three totally different and incompatible models. And the situation with the Resurrection is even worse ─ no eyewitness account, no contemporary account, no independent account, and six versions in the NT (gospels, Paul, Acts 1) that contradict the other five in major ways.

3rdAngel

That 'a new covenant' is mentioned in the Tanakh does not empower the Christians to tell the Jewish nation ─ who are called God's chosen people ─ what and what is not a new covenant.
No it doesn't, but you forget dear friend that Christianity was made by Jews and came from Jews and came out of the Jewish nation and is Jewish teachings that comes our of the Tanakh and wow.. look at how much it has grown today.
Let alone what is a new God, as the Christian god rapidly became.
As posted earlier and shown through the old and new covenant scriptures - Same God not a different one.
You're saying faith can go where the facts cannot, it appears.
Yes just have a look at Atheism. Even science does not have all the answers. If it did we would no longer need it.
That was true in the period when the gospels were written, though as the antisemitism evident in John shows, already changing by then.But every version of Jesus expressly denies that he's God, and never claims to be God, as you'll know if you've read your NT. ('Before Abraham was, I am', is made by the gnostic author of John, whose Jesus pre-existed in heaven and created the material universe, but was very clear that he himself was not God but instead worshiped God, who had sent him.
It is true today as God is not the God of the dead but of the living and the scriptures are written for the living not the dead that is why if is written in the scriptures, "All these things are written for our admonition upon who the ends of the world have come." There is only one true version of Jesus. You can never know it though if you are looking through the eyes of unbelief and sin. According to the scriptures Jesus is God but you cannot see this in unbelief because you do not understand and know the scriptures and you do not know God.
Because (a) the idea of a real virgin birth of a male child is not credible, and (b) it's claimed for a minority of Jesuses in the NT, for those of Matthew and Luke, but categorically not for the Jesus of Mark, and not even mentioned with the Jesuses of Paul and of John. Do you want chapter and verse on any of that? Just ask.
Sure it is credible. You just do not believe it because you are an unbeliever who does not believe in God and His Word choosing rather to live in your sins and unbelief and pretending that God does not exist. Of course that is your choice. You do not need to worry because you will find out soon enough if God is real or not. I hope for you that you do not find out too late. Unbelief of course is your choice and the reason you cannot see God and do not know Him. Just because some people mention something that happens and other people are silent on a topic in the bible does not mean that thing did not happen now does it? Think your argument through. You really are not making your case here to be an unbeliever.
Apparently you don't, since everything I've told you here is explicitly set out in the NT.
Lets be honest. Your not being truthful. There is nothing you have posted here that you have been able to prove that I have not been able to show you from the scriptures that is not true. You cannot understand what the scriptures teach because you do not know God and His Word.
Why not? Millions of Buddhists do it every day, for instance (although some parts of Buddhism have supernatural beliefs ─ Tibetan Buddhists have a pantheon for example).
As posted earlier.. been there and done that. God is not in Bhuddism and there is no peace there.
I assure you that outside the debate boards of RF it's no concern of mine whether you have faith or not, and I wish you well with whatever you find suits you. Some of my good friends and dearest relatives are believers, a problem easily avoided by neither side ever raising it.
Yet here you are spending all your time trying to convince people that there is no God trying to justify your sins and unbelief.
And yet no one has found any statistical evidence to show that prayers are anwered at any rate greater than chance. Indeed, one hospital experiment found that if (believing) patients were aware they were being prayed for, a statistically significant number of them tended to regard it as a sign that things were worse with them than they'd been told,and their condition declined accordingly
Why would anyone need to have statistical evidence to show that prayer has been answered? Seriously Blu.. How are you going to design an experiment like that? With all the variables involved (e.g. prayer is conditional on faith, the believer not living in known unrepentant sin; if it is Gods will to what is good for us) This is also a silly argument that you propose to justify your sins and unbelief in my view. But for those who receive answered prayers we know 100% our prayers are answered because we believe in God and are thankful for His help. Your argument not to believe here for me once again is a silly one.
I've never seen the point of living forever. When you're a living thing, you're born with an evolved life plan built in ─ infancy and education, adolescence and breeding, adulthood, protection and hunting / foraging ─ and with humans, grandparent status, part of the enormous human biological expenditure (some 20%) on our large brains. and the long duration of infancy and dependence, at least five years. And then you die and are remembered or forgotten as may be. What sense of purpose is possible in eternal life? How do you plan to fill in the first hundred billion years, how do you plan to feel purposeful, to have a meaningful existence, to feel you're actually heading somewhere that matters? (Or as Woody Allen is said to have said, 'Eternity is very long, especially towards the end'.) You think Christians are immune to that?
You do not see the point of everlasting life because you do not know God and His Word. The point us that all the suffering and sorrow and sadness in this world today is because of sin and unbelief. That is where you are at the moment. That is where all of us have been. However, the point is this. For those who by Gods grace have found God and see Him God promises them an everlasting life without sin and unbelief. A life were there is no more sin, sorry, sadness and suffering. A life we cannot even imagine, full of happiness, joy, peace. This world is only a test for a better life to come for those who believe and obey Gods Word.
You think unbelievers are automatically offenders? I don't. I try to treat others with decency, respect, inclusion and common sense, and to do no harm. Sometimes I'm better at that than at other times, but that's what being alive is like.
Absolutely.. all of us have sinned according to the scriptures and stand guilty before God of sin and death (see Romans 3:9; Romans 3:19; Romans 3:23; John 3:36; 1 John 3:4, James 2:10-11 and Romans 14:23.
If God is real then God is a being out there in reality, in nature, in the world external to the self. God therefore has a description appropriate to a real being, such as height weight skin or fur color, number of limbs, number of digits, number and nature of sensory organs, and so on like other real and living things.
Nope God is indeed very real. He is even with you now watching you read this post but you will never see him and find Him in your sins and unbelief.
But instead in the bible ─ and so far everywhere else I've found ─ God is described in imaginary terms, like omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, eternal, infinite, perfect and so on. So it remains the case that the only way God is known to exist is as an idea, concept, thing imagined, in individual (and very often acculturated) brains.
Not at all. The only way to know God is through faith in His Word and He has promised us that if we seek Him through His Word with all of our hearts He will reveal Himself to us in Jeremiah 29:13. What have you got to lose by giving it a try? I was an unbeliever and tried to find God in and He did reveal Him self to me. I now talk to him every day and He talks to me. I have met Him also sometimes in my dreams and visions of His Word.
I'm technically an igtheist aka ignostic, since I think the idea of a real God, at least in the West, is incoherent. The correct reply when asked whether I believe in God would be, What real being do you intend to denote when you say 'God'? That's not being cute, by the way ─ it appears to be an authentic problem for believers to provide a coherent answer appropriate to a real being.
Yea I have heard that before. For me though it is just another term for an unbeliever that does not want to believe God exists.
And yet you appear never to have noticed that there are five Jesuses in the NT built on three totally different and incompatible models. And the situation with the Resurrection is even worse ─ no eyewitness account, no contemporary account, no independent account, and six versions in the NT (gospels, Paul, Acts 1) that contradict the other five in major ways.
Sorry I do not believe you. You are speaking from an understanding of someone that does not believe in God and does not know or understand Gods Word so you will never know what is true and what is not true in that frame of mind.

Take Care.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

1) I'm saying that in Holy Scriptures/Bible Elohim/God teaches Esoteric and Exoteric Knowledge. For example, in the Ten Plagues of Egypt is the Whole Country of Egypt Literally plagued with Frogs or do you think there is a Deeper Spiritual meaning? Does Moses Literally part the Sea to allow Israel to escape the Egyptians or do you consider that there is a Deeper Spiritual meaning? The Literal is the Outward Interpretation and the Spiritual the Inward Interpretation.
Yes I believe in a literal and Spiritual meaning of the scriptures ... like Jesus use to speak in parables. The bible is consistent. For example... one that really spoke to me of Gods plan of salvation in the new covenant was Abraham in offering His son Isaac as an burnt offering to God (see Genesis 22:1-13). The lesson here is that this was what God the father was going to do in offering Jesus life for the sins of the world to all those who through faith choose to believe.
2) I'm saying that without practising the Old Covenant you will never enter the New Covenant. The Old Covenant is for the Earthly Ministry. How can the First Covenant be taken away given that it's Not Practiced?
Well everything in the new covenant scriptures comes from the old covenant scriptures. Many laws in the old covenant are shadow laws pointing to Jesus or Gods plan of salvation in the new covenant and are continue and fulfilled in Christ to who they pointed to as Gods plan of salvation. As an example to your questions 1 & 2. Animal sacrifices for sin offerings in an earthly Sanctuary also show that the Spiritual meaning here is that Christ is Gods lamb (see John 1:29) that takes away the sins of the world and that Jesus is also Gods true High Priest of the order of Melchizedek the Priest king who now ministers in the heavenly Sanctuary made without hands based on better promises under the new covenant. (see Hebrews 7:1-25; Hebrews 8:1-13; Hebrews 9:1-27 and Hebrews 10:1-22). Christ our Passover is now sacrifices for us. (no more animal sacrifices and sin offerings).

Happy new years.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No it doesn't, but you forget dear friend that Christianity was made by Jews and came from Jews and came out of the Jewish nation and is Jewish teachings that comes our of the Tanakh and wow.. look at how much it has grown today.
Christianity was made by a small branch of Hellenized Jews originally concerned with the imminent apocalypse, which is why the ambiguous Son of Man is going to rock up VERY shortly, and certainly within the lifetime of some of Jesus' hearers in Mark, Matthew and Luke, but of course not in John because by the 90s CE when John was written it was clearly a dead letter. John is written as Christianity is asserting its distinctness from Judaism and becoming antisemitic, as you know.

As posted earlier and shown through the old and new covenant scriptures - Same God not a different one.
At the time of the gospels, yes that's arguable. Jesus was a circumcised Jew himself. But when Christianity started to grow and the push came to elevate Jesus to God status ─ which was quite early ─ all of the very clear denials by the Jesuses of Paul and each of the gospels that they were not God were thrown out the window, and games like the Trinity evolved.

The Trinity doctrine ─ that God exists as three persons and one substance ─ is said to be a "mystery in the strict sense" and a mystery in the strict sense means that "it cannot be known by unaided reason apart from revelation, nor cogently demonstrated by reason after it has been revealed", which, as you'll notice when you consider the words, means that "a mystery in the strict sense" and "nonsense" are synonyms.

The problem is clearly seen when you consider that according to the doctrine, each of Father, Jesus and Ghost is 100% of God. Now, 100%+100% + 100% = 300% = 3 gods (which is the actual position). But of course that is ruled out irrationally, or as they say, is a mystery in the strict sense.

And this clearly distinguishes the Christian God from the 2nd cent CE on from the Jewish God, as does the Christian abandoning of the covenant of circumcision.

Incidentally, if you wish to check the statements of each of the five versions of Jesus that they're NOT God, I set them out in an earlier post >here<. Enjoy!

Yes just have a look at Atheism. Even science does not have all the answers. If it did we would no longer need it.
But science states clearly that it doesn't have all the answers. As Brian Cox remarked, a law of physics is a statement about physics that hasn't been falsified yet. The justification for science is not that it's perfect but that it works. Whether you're a Christian, a Hindu, a Buddhist, a Muslim, a follower of the Great Spirit and friends, or a nonbeliever, your refrigerator will cool things down when you hook it up to the power.

There is only one true version of Jesus.
You keep asserting that, and I keep pointing out that according to the gospels you're wrong. Do you want me to set out chapters and verses for this matter too?

Lets be honest. Your not being truthful. There is nothing you have posted here that you have been able to prove that I have not been able to show you from the scriptures that is not true. You cannot understand what the scriptures teach because you do not know God and His Word.
Now now. You've totally failed to give reasoned replies to the matters I've mentioned, and used mere assertion instead. What I've told you about the Jesuses of the gospels is set out in the gospels. I didn't invent it, distort it, or add to it. I've merely drawn it to your attention, and you don't want to look in case I'm right.

Yet here you are spending all your time trying to convince people that there is no God trying to justify your sins and unbelief.
Dear 3rdAngel, whatever wrongs I've done in my life, and there are a few, I've done my best to repair. I told you earlier my aspiration is to do no harm, and to treat others with decency, respect, inclusion and common sense. I haven't set out to do this out of promise of reward in the hereafter, or threat of punishment in the hereafter, or anything in the hereafter because we only get one life. I've done such things because I think they're the right thing to do, and when I've failed to do them, I've regretted it to myself.

You speak as though you need both carrot and stick to behave with decency. I hope I've misunderstood you.

Why would anyone need to have statistical evidence to show that prayer has been answered?
So that one can demonstrate to people like me that the magic actually works ─ which it very apparently doesn't.

Seriously Blu.. How are you going to design an experiment like that?
Knock and it shall be opened, but only as often as chance would provide. Ask and it shall be given, but again only as often as chance.

You do not see the point of everlasting life because you do not know God and His Word.
What is the point of everlasting life? To do what, exactly?

Yea I have heard that before. For me though it is just another term for an unbeliever that does not want to believe God exists.
I don't want God not to exist. I simply point out that God never appears, says or does in reality, and is described not as a real being but as an imaginary one, and is only known to exist as an idea, concept, thing imagined, in an individual brain.

If that's wrong, all you have to do is show me. A video interview with God would be a reasonable start.

Sorry I do not believe you.
Then once again you don't know what your own book says. I don't make this stuff up. I simply read the texts to find out what they say. And I repeat my offer to set the relevant texts out for you, but you appear to shy away from that. Still, the link above, setting out where each version of Jesus denies that he's God (or has Paul it say it for him) will give you the idea.