• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHO IS GOD'S TRUE ISRAEL IN THE NEW COVENANT?

3rdAngel

CEB And may the water that brings these curses enter your stomach and make your womb discharge and make you miscarry.” And the woman will say, “I agree, I agree.” Numbers 5:22

And the commandments in Lev 20:10 and Numbers 5:20-28, however, had nothing whatsoever to do with any imaginary god, but were about the property rights of men, to ensure legitimate lines of descent and inheritance. But if you actually believe that the commandment in Numbers 5:20:28 was only about upset stomachs and sore thighs then why weren't male adulterers also made to drink "bitter water" and say "so be it, so be it" too.

Or do you prefer the commandment in Leviticus 20:10 to terminate the pregnancies of adulteresses and ensure legitimate lines of descent and inheritance?
You are just repeating yourself again while ignoring and not addressing the scripture contexts that disagrees with your interpretation of Numbers 5:22 and Leviticus 20:10 and Numbers 5:20-28 that you think is God commanding abortion. If you disagree then please address post # 207 linked that proves why your teachings that God commands abortion is unbiblical. If you cannot and are unwilling to do so then let if be a lesson for you and receive Gods correction and be blessed. Or if you choose to simply close your eyes in unbelief we can always of course agree to disagree and I will leave it between you and God to work out but keep in mind ignoring Gods Word does not make it disappear.

Take Care.

Monty

Already addressed with a detailed scripture response proving your claims that Jesus parents and family did not accept Jesus as coming from God post resurrection is false. All you have done here is to simply repeat yourself again while ignoring a detailed scripture response to you, looking at every scripture you posted showing that the context you disregarded proves that your use of these scriptures do not support your claims that Jesus family did not accept Jesus as coming from God. You were also then provided direct scripture disagreeing with you showing that Jesus parents and family believed He was from God (his parents pre and post resurrection and his brothers post resurrection). If you disagree please address post # 208 linked that proves what you are teaching here and your claims are unbiblical nonsense. Until then we will agree to disagree. Sorry but I do not believe you as shown why from the scriptures and posts you are refusing to respond to.

Take Care.
That's just your personal opinion, but the bible still says that Jesus' family didn't believe that he was a prophet (Mark 6:4).

Monty

You are just repeating yourself again while ignoring and not addressing the scripture contexts that disagrees with your interpretation of Numbers 5:22 and Leviticus 20:10 and Numbers 5:20-28 that you think is God commanding abortion. If you disagree then please address post # 207 linked that proves why your teachings that God commands abortion is unbiblical. If you cannot and are unwilling to do so then let if be a lesson for you and receive Gods correction and be blessed. Or if you choose to simply close your eyes in unbelief we can always of course agree to disagree and I will leave it between you and God to work out but keep in mind ignoring Gods Word does not make it disappear.

Take Care.
That's just your personal opinion, but the bible still commands that the pregnancies of adulteresses be aborted (Leviticus 20:10 Numbers 5:20-28) and has nothing whatsoever with a god, and it's your choice if you don't believe what the bible actually says and means.
Have you ever seen a god and had a face to face discussion as described in Gen 18, and if so, did you ask the god about the meaning and purpose of the commandment in Numbers 5:20-28?
And what is the fate of a pregnancy when a pregnant adulteress is commanded to be stoned to death (Lev 20:10)?

Numbers 5:22
ERV The priest must say, ‘You must drink this water that causes trouble. If you have sinned, you will not be able to have children. Any baby you have will die before it is born.’ And the woman should say, ‘I agree to do as you say.’

Last edited:

3rdAngel

That's just your personal opinion, but the bible still says that Jesus' family didn't believe that he was a prophet (Mark 6:4).
Well that is something you would need to prove by addressing all the scriptures that are in disagreement with you. I gather from your refusal to do means that you are unable to address all the scriptures and scripture context that proves your claims that Jesus parents and family did not accept him as coming from God is not biblical. Once again repeating your false claim do not help you here if you are unwilling to address all the scripture that is in disagreement with you. If you disagree please address post # 208 linked that proves what you are teaching here and your claims that Jesus family did not accept Jesus is unbiblical nonsense. Until then we will agree to disagree. Sorry but I do not believe you as shown why from the scriptures and posts you are refusing to respond to.

Take Care.

3rdAngel

That's just your personal opinion, but the bible still commands that the pregnancies of adulteresses be aborted (Leviticus 20:10 Numbers 5:20-28) and has nothing whatsoever with a god, and it's your choice if you don't believe what the bible actually says and means.
Have you ever seen a god and had a face to face discussion as described in Gen 18, and if so, did you ask the god about the meaning and purpose of the commandment in Numbers 5:20-28?

ERV The priest must say, ‘You must drink this water that causes trouble. If you have sinned, you will not be able to have children. Any baby you have will die before it is born.’ And the woman should say, ‘I agree to do as you say.’
Again you are just repeating yourself while ignoring and not addressing the scripture contexts that disagrees with your interpretation of Numbers 5:22 and Leviticus 20:10 and Numbers 5:20-28 that you think is God commanding abortion. The scriptures are about the laws of jealousy, not abortion as already proven in the scripture context you have disregarded and refuse to discuss that prove your teachings and claims here are unbiblical. If you disagree then please address post # 207 linked that proves why your teachings that God commands abortion is unbiblical. If you cannot and are unwilling to do so then let if be a lesson for you and receive Gods correction and be blessed. Or if you choose to simply close your eyes in unbelief we can always of course agree to disagree and I will leave it between you and God to work out but keep in mind ignoring Gods Word does not make it disappear.

Take Care.

Colt

It's really not the same at all. In the case of prosperity preachers, they LIE to people They say, "If you will send me this seed money, God will bless you with far more in return." IOW it is a con job, a deception.

There is nothing deceptive in saying, "Hey, would you like to buy this animal that we conveniently have available right here in the temple? It costs X amount."

Yeah, I've heard this tale from Christians before, that the officials were deliberately blemishing animals in order to force a sale. First of all, nothing of this sort is mentioned even in your own gospel story. It is a fairy tale that has grown up in Christian oral tradition. Secondly, lets assume for the sake of argument that there is a temple official that is cheating people in this manner. That is called a CRIME, and you go to the authorities about it. You do NOT take matters into your own hands. You do NOT become a violent vigilante.
I didn’t say “deliberately” ?????????

Leviticus 22:22​

ESVAnimals blind or disabled or mutilated or having a discharge or an itch or scabs you shall not offer to the LORD or give them to the LORD as a food offering on the altar.

Deuteronomy 15:21​

ESVBut if it has any blemish, if it is lame or blind or has any serious blemish whatever, you shall not sacrifice it to the LORD your God.

Monty

Again you are just repeating yourself while ignoring and not addressing the scripture contexts that disagrees with your interpretation of Numbers 5:22 and Leviticus 20:10 and Numbers 5:20-28 that you think is God commanding abortion. The scriptures are about the laws of jealousy, not abortion as already proven in the scripture context you have disregarded and refuse to discuss that prove your teachings and claims here are unbiblical. If you disagree then please address post # 207 linked that proves why your teachings that God commands abortion is unbiblical. If you cannot and are unwilling to do so then let if be a lesson for you and receive Gods correction and be blessed. Or if you choose to simply close your eyes in unbelief we can always of course agree to disagree and I will leave it between you and God to work out but keep in mind ignoring Gods Word does not make it disappear.

Take Care.
Again you are just repeating yourself, and that's your choice if you don't believe what the bible actually says and means, but it still says what it says and means what it means, and that the pregnancies of adulteresses are commanded to be aborted (Lev 20:10 Numbers 5:20-28).
And so endeth the lesson!!!

But even though you don't believe what the bible actually says and means, can you tell us why Joshua's god commanded him and his murderous thieving thugs to butcher all the women and children and unborn, and to steal their land (Joshua 8:24-26 6:21 10:36-39)?

Last edited:

Monty

Well that is something you would need to prove by addressing all the scriptures that are in disagreement with you. I gather from your refusal to do means that you are unable to address all the scriptures and scripture context that proves your claims that Jesus parents and family did not accept him as coming from God is not biblical. Once again repeating your false claim do not help you here if you are unwilling to address all the scripture that is in disagreement with you. If you disagree please address post # 208 linked that proves what you are teaching here and your claims that Jesus family did not accept Jesus is unbiblical nonsense. Until then we will agree to disagree. Sorry but I do not believe you as shown why from the scriptures and posts you are refusing to respond to.

Take Care.
None of that, however, changes the fact that the bible says that Jesus' family didn't believe that he was a prophet (Mark 6:4), and that he ignored his family (Mark 3:31-35). And it's your choice if you don't believe what the bible actually says and means, and prefer to believe the other numerous biblical contradictions and inconsistencies instead.
So endeth the lesson.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And what is the fate of a pregnancy when a pregnant adulteress is commanded to be stoned to death (Lev 20:10)?

Don't forget Exodus 21 22. The interpretation of that verse was changed after Roe v Wade by some of the less honest publishing houses. Oddly enough the Catholics, a very anti abortion group, did not stoop so low as to change their version. The Revised Standard Version also still has roughly this translation:

"And if men struggle with each other and strike a woman with child so that she has a miscarriage, yet there is no further injury, he shall surely be fined as the woman’s husband may demand of him; and he shall pay as the judges decide."

Causing a miscarriage was not a murder, it was a property crime back then. The Bible is not anti-abortion unless one changes one's translations.

3rdAngel

Again you are just repeating yourself, and that's your choice if you don't believe what the bible actually says and means, but it still says what it says and means what it means, and that the pregnancies of adulteresses are commanded to be aborted (Lev 20:10 Numbers 5:20-28).
And so endeth the lesson!!!

But even though you don't believe what the bible actually says and means, can you tell us why Joshua's god commanded him and his murderous thieving thugs to butcher all the women and children and unborn, and to steal their land (Joshua 8:24-26 6:21 10:36-39)?
No you are deflecting what I have already said to you. So that is a no then? You have no response to all the scriptures and the scripture contexts provided in post # 207 linked that proves why your teachings that God commands abortion is unbiblical. I did not think so. I guess we will agree to disagree. But understand you do not know God and His Word as proven in the linked posts with all the scripture context you disregards that you are unwilling to address that prove your claims are unbiblical. Does that not concern you? It should because according to the scriptures closing our eyes and ears from seeing and hearing Gods Word only further separates us from God * Isaiah 6:9-10; Isaiah 59:2, and puts us in danger of the judgement see Hebrews 10:26-31 to come.

Take care.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

None of that, however, changes the fact that the bible says that Jesus' family didn't believe that he was a prophet (Mark 6:4), and that he ignored his family (Mark 3:31-35). And it's your choice if you don't believe what the bible actually says and means, and prefer to believe the other numerous biblical contradictions and inconsistencies instead.
So endeth the lesson.
Actually that is not true The scripture contexts and the extra scripture provided to you in the posts you are unwilling to address prove why your claims are wrong and unbiblical. So gather that is a no then? Once again you are going to repeat yourself and have no response to all the scriptures and the scripture contexts provided in post # 208 linked that are in disagreement with you and prove what you are teaching here and your claims that Jesus family did not accept Jesus is unbiblical. Well once again I did not think you would address these posts and the scriptures provided in them that are in disagreement with you, but that is ok if you are unable to do so or do not want to. Perhaps you can pray about it. I guess we will agree to disagree.

Take care.

Last edited:

Monty

No you are deflecting what I have already said to you. So that is a no then? You have no response to all the scriptures and the scripture contexts provided in post # 207 linked that proves why your teachings that God commands abortion is unbiblical. I did not think so. I guess we will agree to disagree. But understand you do not know God and His Word as proven in the linked posts with all the scripture context you disregards that you are unwilling to address that prove your claims are unbiblical. Does that not concern you? It should because according to the scriptures closing our eyes and ears from seeing and hearing Gods Word only further separates us from God * Isaiah 6:9-10; Isaiah 59:2, and puts us in danger of the judgement see Hebrews 10:26-31 to come.

Take care.
CEB And may the water that brings these curses enter your stomach and make your womb discharge and make you miscarry.” And the woman will say, “I agree, I agree.” Numbers 5:22

So endeth the lesson

Monty

Actually that is not true The scripture contexts and the extra scripture provided to you in the posts you are unwilling to address prove why your claims are wrong and unbiblical. So gather that is a no then? Once again you are going to repeat yourself and have no response to all the scriptures and the scripture contexts provided in post # 208 linked that are in disagreement with you and prove what you are teaching here and your claims that Jesus family did not accept Jesus is unbiblical. Well once again I did not think you would address these posts and the scriptures provided in them that are in disagreement with you, but that is ok if you are unable to do so or do not want to. Perhaps you can pray about it. I guess we will agree to disagree.

Take care.
Mark 6:4 - Bible Gateway

VOICE Jesus (seeing this): A prophet can find honor anywhere except in his hometown, among his own people, and in his own household.
YLT And Jesus said to them -- `A prophet is not without honor, except in his own country, and among his kindred, and in his own house;'
GNT Jesus said to them, “Prophets are respected everywhere except in their own hometown and by their relatives and their family.

So endeth the lesson

3rdAngel

Mark 6:4 - Bible Gateway

VOICE Jesus (seeing this): A prophet can find honor anywhere except in his hometown, among his own people, and in his own household.
YLT And Jesus said to them -- `A prophet is not without honor, except in his own country, and among his kindred, and in his own house;'
GNT Jesus said to them, “Prophets are respected everywhere except in their own hometown and by their relatives and their family.”

So endeth the lesson
Great repetition but lets look at what the scripture says with context added ok? I will also add in all the other scriptures you have used as well. The context you disregard here proves why your claims that Jesus parents and family rejected Jesus is unbiblical and it is this I will add back in for you. Not for you personally as I know you have rejected Gods Word but I write this for others to see that your claims that Jesus family reject Jesus as coming from God is simply untruthful. Sorry but I am not leaving you with any wiggle room here.

Lets examine your claims in detail. You make the statement here that Jesus parents and family did not believe Jesus was a prophet. Then you post as what you believe is scripture evidence the references from Matt 13:57 Mark 6:4 John 7:5. I have already posted you scripture showing that Mary and Joseph believed Jesus was from God and that there is no scripture that says Jesus parents did not believe Jesus was a prophet. Lets see if the scripture references you post say Jesus parents did not believe Jesus was a prophet. None of the scriptures you posted say Jesus parents did not believe Jesus was a Prophet. You are reading that into the scripture but lets prove this and give you no wiggle room again.
  • Matthew 13:54-57 says 54, And when he was come into his own country, he taught them in their synagogue, so that they were astonished, and said, From where has this man this wisdom, and these mighty works? 55, Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brothers, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas? 56, And his sisters, are they not all with us? From where then has this man all these things? 57, And they were offended in him. But Jesus said to them, A prophet is not without honor, save in his own country, and in his own house.
Note: The scripture is not saying anywhere that Jesus parents did not believe in Jesus. The context you disregard here prove that it is not Jesus family saying this but the local synagogue Jesus was teaching in where he grew up. So your use of this scripture does not support your claim that Jesus parents rejected Jesus as a prophet. You are reading that claim into the scriptures.
  • Mark 6:1-4 1, And he went out from there, and came into his own country; and his disciples follow him. 2, And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From where has this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given to him, that even such mighty works are worked by his hands? 3, Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him. 4, But Jesus, said to them, A prophet is not without honor, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.
Note this is a parallel scripture to the first set of scriptures in Matthew 13. The scriptures are not saying anywhere that Jesus parents did not believe in Jesus. The context you disregard here prove that it is not Jesus family saying this but the local synagogue Jesus was teaching in where he grew up. So your use of this scripture does not support your claim that Jesus parents rejected Jesus as a prophet. You are reading that claim into the scriptures.
  • John 7:5, For neither did his brothers believe in him.
Note the context of John 7:1-7 was the Passover where the Jews were seeking to kill Jesus. At this time Jesus brothers did not believe he was from God. Note, no where in these scriptures does it day that Jesus parents did not believe Jesus was from God and nowhere in these scriptures does not say Jesus brothers would not eventually choose to believe He was from God. So your use of this scripture here once again does not support your claim that Jesus parents rejected Jesus as a prophet. It does support a claims that Jesus brothers at the time of Passover did not believe Jesus but that is all the scriptures says so once again you are reading your claim into the scriptures which do not support what you say. To further prove this point please consider the following scriptures Acts 1:14 after the death and resurrection of Jesus and the disciples seeing Jesus ascension to heaven it is written " 14, These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers". This verse refers to the disciples, Mary (the mother of Jesus), and Jesus' brothers gathering together in prayer. The fact that Jesus' brothers are mentioned among those devoted to prayer suggests their belief in Jesus as the Messiah after the resurrection.

ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES JESUS PARENTS AND FAMILY BELIEVED JESUS WAS FROM GOD!
  • Lets look at the scriptures you disregard that are in disagreement with you. In the Gospel of Luke, the angel Gabriel appears to Mary to announce the birth of Jesus. Mary's response in Luke 1:38 reflects her acceptance of God's plan: "And Mary said, 'Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.' And the angel departed from her." Mary's willingness to accept God's will suggests her belief in the divine nature of the child she would bear.

• In Matthew's Gospel, Joseph, upon learning that Mary was pregnant, initially planned to divorce her quietly. However, an angel appeared to Joseph in a dream, reassuring him of the divine nature of Mary's pregnancy. Joseph's response is seen in Matthew 1:24: "When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him: he took his wife." Joseph's obedience indicates his belief in the divine origin of Mary's child.

• After Jesus' birth, Mary and Joseph took him to the temple, where they encountered Simeon. In Luke 2:29-35, Simeon blesses the child Jesus and speaks to Mary about his significance, acknowledging the divine nature of Jesus: "for my eyes have seen your salvation that you have prepared in the presence of all peoples, a light for revelation to the Gentiles, and for glory to your people Israel" (Luke 2:30-32). These passages illustrate the belief of Mary and Joseph in the divine origin and significance of Jesus. Their responses to the angelic messages and the events surrounding Jesus' birth indicate their faith in God's plan and recognition of Jesus as the promised Messiah.

• Acts 1:14 after the death and resurrection of Jesus and the disciples seeing Jesus ascension to heaven it is written " 14, These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers". This verse refers to the disciples, Mary (the mother of Jesus), and Jesus' brothers gathering together in prayer. The fact that Jesus' brothers are mentioned among those devoted to prayer suggests their belief in Jesus as the Messiah after the resurrection.
Looks like schools out and you got an F.

Take Care.

3rdAngel

So endeth the lesson
Great repetition but lets look at what the scripture says with context added ok? I will also add in all the other scriptures you have used as well. The context you disregard here proves why your claims that God commands abortion is unbiblical. Once again I am not really writing this for you as I know you have rejected Gods Word but I write this for others to see that your claims that Jesus family reject Jesus as coming from God is simply untruthful. Sorry but I am not leaving you with any wiggle room here.

There is nothing you have posted here that is in disagreement with what I have already shared with you from the scriptures accept your interpretation of what those scriptures are saying and your claims that Leviticus 20:10 and Numbers 5:20-24 teaches God commanding forced abortion. Lets examine if any of these scriptures teach forced abortion so there is no more wiggle room left for you.
  • Leviticus 20:10 10, And the man that commits adultery with another man's wife, even he that commits adultery with his neighbor's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.
Note: This is a death penalty of a man and a women caught in open public adultery under the civil laws of Israel. There is nothing at all in Leviticus 20 like you claimed earlier that is even talking about abortion now is there.

NUMBERS 5:22 WITH FULL CONTEXT SHOWING THE TOPIC IS THE LAW OF JEALOUSY NOT A COMMAND FOR ABORTION
  • Numbers 5:11-31 11, And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 12, Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them, If any man's wife go aside, and commit a trespass against him. 13, And a man lie with her carnally, and it be hid from the eyes of her husband, and be kept close, and she be defiled, and there be no witness against her, neither she be taken with the manner; 14, And the spirit of jealousy come on him, and he be jealous of his wife, and she be defiled: or if the spirit of jealousy come on him, and he be jealous of his wife, and she be not defiled: 15, Then shall the man bring his wife to the priest, and he shall bring her offering for her, the tenth part of an ephah of barley meal; he shall pour no oil on it, nor put frankincense thereon; for it is an offering of jealousy, an offering of memorial, bringing iniquity to remembrance. 16, And the priest shall bring her near, and set her before the LORD: 17, And the priest shall take holy water in an earthen vessel; and of the dust that is in the floor of the tabernacle the priest shall take, and put it into the water: 18, And the priest shall set the woman before the LORD, and uncover the woman's head, and put the offering of memorial in her hands, which is the jealousy offering: and the priest shall have in his hand the bitter water that causes the curse: 19, And the priest shall charge her by an oath, and say to the woman, If no man have lain with you, and if you have not gone aside to uncleanness with another instead of your husband, be you free from this bitter water that causes the curse. 20, But if you have gone aside to another instead of your husband, and if you be defiled, and some man have lain with you beside your husband: 21, Then the priest shall charge the woman with an oath of cursing, and the priest shall say to the woman, The LORD make you a curse and an oath among your people, when the LORD does make your thigh to rot, and your belly to swell; 22, And this water that causes the curse shall go into your bowels, to make your belly to swell, and your thigh to rot: And the woman shall say, Amen, amen. 23, And the priest shall write these curses in a book, and he shall blot them out with the bitter water: 24, And he shall cause the woman to drink the bitter water that causes the curse: and the water that causes the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter. 25, Then the priest shall take the jealousy offering out of the woman's hand, and shall wave the offering before the LORD, and offer it on the altar: 26, And the priest shall take an handful of the offering, even the memorial thereof, and burn it on the altar, and afterward shall cause the woman to drink the water. 27, And when he has made her to drink the water, then it shall come to pass, that, if she be defiled, and have done trespass against her husband, that the water that causes the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall rot: and the woman shall be a curse among her people. 28, And if the woman be not defiled, but be clean; then she shall be free, and shall conceive seed. 29, This is the law of jealousies, when a wife goes aside to another instead of her husband, and is defiled; 30, Or when the spirit of jealousy comes on him, and he be jealous over his wife, and shall set the woman before the LORD, and the priest shall execute on her all this law. 31, Then shall the man be guiltless from iniquity, and this woman shall bear her iniquity.
Note: These scriptures in Numbers 5 with the full context added in is the law of jealousy curse. It is not a judgement for abortion and no where in these scriptures is it talking about abortion. Numbers 5:11-31 is a testing curse to see if a women has been unfaithful or unfaithful. Note that when the husband has a Spirit of jealousy thinking that his wife has been unfaithful that this is a test to know if the women is being honest to God. Its is not a judgement on a women already pregnant and condemned for unfaithfulness and a command for abortion. Again you are reading that into the scripture. You are reading into the scriptures what is not written in them again.

Now to leave you no wiggle room post me a single scripture with context that is God commanding forced abortion. You cannot because there is none. You need to read that into the scriptures because it is not there. It does not matter what version of the bible you use not a single bible translation is talking about God commanding forced abortion in Leviticus 20 or in Numbers 5. Receive Gods correction and be blessed ignoring it does not make the scriptures disappear. You are peddling false teachings.

Looks like school is out and you got an F.

Take Care.

Bthoth

*banned*

Take Care.
Jesus did not fulfill and why a return is what is prophecy. Jesus did not have 'the name' of g-d.

That is what enables mankind, not resurrection.

the holy of holies is the christos (the name) to word

Monty

Great repetition but lets look at what the scripture says with context added ok?
Numbers 5:22 - Bible Gateway

CSB May this water that brings a curse enter your stomach, causing your belly to swell and your womb to shrivel.’ “And the woman will reply, ‘Amen, Amen.’
CEB And may the water that brings these curses enter your stomach and make your womb discharge and make you miscarry.” And the woman will say, “I agree, I agree.”
CJB May this water that causes the curse go into your inner parts and make your abdomen swell and your private parts shrivel up!” — and the woman is to respond, “Amen! Amen!”
EXB This water that brings a curse will go inside you and make your ·stomach get big [or uterus drop] and make your ·body unable to give birth to another baby [womb discharge; L your thigh waste away/wither; 5:21].” “‘The woman must say, “I agree.”
GW ‘May this water that can bring a curse go into your body and make your stomach swell and your uterus drop!’ “Then the woman will say, ‘Amen, amen!’
NOG ‘May this water that can bring a curse go into your body and make your stomach swell and your uterus drop!’ “Then the woman will say, ‘Amen, amen!’
NABRE May this water, then, that brings a curse, enter your bowels to make your belly swell and your uterus fall!” And the woman shall say, “Amen, amen!”
NIV May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.” “‘Then the woman is to say, “Amen. So be it.”
NRSVA now may this water that brings the curse enter your bowels and make your womb discharge, your uterus drop!’ And the woman shall say, ‘Amen. Amen.’
VOICE If you are guilty, may this curse-causing water run through your bowels, make your belly swell, and your womb miscarry.” And the woman shall say, “Amen. Let it be so.”

Monty

Great repetition but lets look at what the scripture says with context added ok?

Matthew 13:57
NLT And they were deeply offended and refused to believe in him. Then Jesus told them, “A prophet is honored everywhere except in his own hometown and among his own family.”
NMB And they were offended by him. Then Jesus said to them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country and among his own kin.
NRSVA And they took offence at him. But Jesus said to them, ‘Prophets are not without honour except in their own country and in their own house.’

Last edited:

Monty

• Leviticus 20:10 10, And the man that commits adultery with another man's wife, even he that commits adultery with his neighbor's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.
IOW Leviticus 20:10 commands the pregnancy termination of pregnant adulteresses.
So endeth the lesson

3rdAngel

Matthew 13:57
NLT And they were deeply offended and refused to believe in him. Then Jesus told them, “A prophet is honored everywhere except in his own hometown and among his own family.”
NMB And they were offended by him. Then Jesus said to them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country and among his own kin.
NRSVA And they took offence at him. But Jesus said to them, ‘Prophets are not without honour except in their own country and in their own house.’
Already addressed with a detailed scripture response that includes all contexts added back in from post # 234 linked that you ignored that proves Jesus family did not reject Jesus. Looks like schools out and you got an F.

Take Care.