• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is God?

vulcanlogician

Any variant of truth ultimately results in a lie….

Not to get too into semantics, but wouldn't "falsehood" or "mistake" be more accurate as a word than "lie"?

I could be confused about the truth. If that were the case, being honest about my assessment of things (while false) wouldn't be a lie, would it?

Let's say someone asks me where my car is. I tell them int's in the parking lot near the office building. Little do I know that my car was stolen earlier that day. Does that make what I said a lie?

Variants on truth are not lies. Intentionally leading someone to believe what YOU know is untrue, in order to deceive or persuade them, is a lie.

Last edited:

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
My point was that you spoke as if they were. Good to clear these things up.

But that's a matter of good manners, of proper customary behavior, of the rules of one particular orthography ─ and not of truth, error, or lies, surely?
Good manners! You mean not confusing the difference between a Title and a Name is mere ‘Good manners’?

Or does the fact (the Truth) that the error leads confusion that then claims that Jesus (the name of a man - and of many men) is YHWH (the Name of the one true God) not make you think how dangerous variations can become unless checked back to the one truth, in this case:
  • The Name of the spiritual Son OF GOD is Jesus
  • The Name of the God (who’s spiritual SON’s name is Jesus) is YHWH
One person - one name
The variant claim led to Jesus being also called YHWH: one person, two names. But we know that even if Jesus is given the name ‘YHWH’, like Simon was called ‘Peter’, and ‘Abram’ was renamed to ‘Abraham’, and ‘Jacob’ was renamed to ‘Israel’, Jesus’s adopted name is given to him ONLY after he died, was raised up again, seated at the right hand of YHWH GOD, ruled for a ‘thousand years’, brought all things under his feet and then handed the kingdom BACK TO YHWH GOD! And we see this pattern in the story of Joseph where Joseph is made to be called Pharoah ruler… until he brought the famine under control whereupon he HANDED BACK HIS EGYPT RULERSHIP to The Pharoah who gave it him in the first place!!!

Of course Paul says his Jesus created everything (which would include the heavens and the earth), and John says his Jesus created everything, though no such claim is made by or for the synoptic Jesuses.

However, all five Jesuses expressly state they're not God (simply God's envoy) and never claim to be God.
I don’t think ‘Paul’ write those words. Paul did not know the back story of Jesus. And, in any case, it’s not about Paul… the very confused content is enough to show that those words are a variation on the truth - that they are not valid.

Notice that it tries too hard saying all things were created BY HIM and then saying everything was created THROUGH HIM…AND FOR HIM!

Both claims cannot be true together!!!

And yet the question is:
  • What then did the Father do if it was ‘Jesus’ who created….? and
  • Why doesn’t ‘Jesus’ carry the title that is ‘the Father’ since ‘The Father’ means
    • He who creates;
    • He who brings into being;
    • He who gives life’
(And before you say it… don’t!!! ‘EVERLASTING FATHER’ is a different title given to Jesus when he GIVES EVERLASTING LIFE to those whom he deems worthy AT THE JUDGEMENT SEAT AT THE END OF THE CURRENT TIME.)

FredVB

God is supreme being, as the word means that. The necessary existence brought about the universe and all in it, and any further realm, though that does not mean there are other universes, as the creation that can be understood as coming into being from the Creator, and this is what God would be, essential being. God is distinct from all existence in creation, as all that is in it is conditional and does not have to exist, but does by virtue of creation, which just the Creator is capable of without use of previous materials, substances, or essences. Creation can consist of physical things and anything of spirit. The Creator is distinct and different from any of them. God is not with any limit, and with showing intelligence, wisdom, and loving care for what is in creation, is without any limit of those, or anything, but is entirely good.

And Jesus? Jesus modeled that well for us, from what he said we could understand him as the incarnation of God in our form.