• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who in RF has had the most influence on your beliefs?

Hope

Princesinha
Who has been that special person in RF that has challenged you to see things from a different angle within your belief system? Anybody help you confirm that any of your beliefs are "true" or on the flip-side, anybody make you realize any of your suppositions were false to the point that you totally abandoned them?

First of all, great questions.

Lots of people have challenged me in my beliefs, but the ones who have been the most intelligent and articulate and really forced me to think are: Midnight Blue, autodidact, Jay, and Mr. Spinkles. They have mainly challenged me in regards to the whole creation vs. evolution debate, YEC, and biblical archeaeology. I have gained a broader perspective, and lots more knowledge, due to their bountiful insight.

No one has swayed me to abandon my core beliefs, however. Quite honestly, I doubt anyone will prevail in doing that. :D

I nominate *Paul* too, as being someone who has helped confirm what I believe. He is a solid brother in Christ, and I have tons of respect for him. And while I don't know what their exact religious affiliations are, I have also found sandy_whitelinger and Rolling Stone to be very intelligent debaters in support of many of the beliefs I hold dear, and I have gained much wisdom and food for thought from them.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Can't believe I forgot Uncle Phil.........:sorry1:

The one who introduced me to Trampolinism and helped me become the frubal whore that I am. :D

But truthfully, I must acknowledge him, Nick (Mister_T), Quagmire, mr. guy (crapsack! You're back!!), and Buttercup for the kind of sense of humor that I appreciate. Y'all affirm my beliefs that I've been A-OK about the philosophy of not taking oneself all that seriously.

That and a six-pack of beer influences my opinions enormously.

Peace,
Mystic

rojse

RF Addict
I consider those with the exact opposite ideas of mine to be the most influential, because they are the ones that always ask questions about things I believe, and it challenges me to answer them. It does not change my beliefs, but forces me to re-examine them, and it gives me more of an understanding of the ideas I agree with.

Probably the best three are RollingStone, UltraViolet and Reverend Rick - I rarely agree with them about religion, morals, and I rarely agree with Reverend Rick in regards to the communism versus capitalism debate, but they always ask challenging questions, and present an interesting perspective.

For those that agree with me occasionally, but have different enough opinions to give me food for thought, and present interesting ideas and concepts for me to digest - Williamena, SunStone, MidnightBlue, and Yossarian22.

I'll see if there is anyone else that I can remember, but those are the people on my mind for now.

fullyveiled muslimah

Evil incarnate!
Outside of my beliefs, the ones who make me go deeper into what I believe is Ymirgf, mr.spinkles, rollingstone, Paul, and I might be missing somebody else. Ymir makes me sooo mad, but I always think before I answer him because even though a lot of his little comments are backhanded, I always can overlook them to see the other stuff he says. All any of them ever do though is reaffirm what I believe in already. No one has changed anything about what I believe, nor truly challenged them to the point where I even for a second rethought anything. What it did was make me study, something I should have been doing more of anyway.

As far as who makes me think inside my religion.....nobody. We are essentially in one accord, therefore aside from presenting me some knowledge I did not have before they don't challenge me at all. I go talk to my beloved brothers and sisters to gain strength from them and increase my iman by discussing the greatness of Allah with them. That is the single most beneficial type of discussion I have had on any forum.

I have never waivered once here on this forum nor anywhere else in the face of stiff opposition. I see the verses of Quran play out too often to make me rethink their truth.

Edit Note: I knew I forgot somebody...Mestemia. I hope he feels about me how I feel about him. I actually like mestemia, because the funniest thing about him is he is a stickler for pointing out that he didn't say something that was attributed to him. It used to get on my nerves, but then I took it on because I realized people like to do that a lot. Even though we can infer a meaning, I often am not going in the direction of debate that people think I'm going. I guess that's what Mesty is thinking too...don't jump the gun on me cuz I'll get to what I mean soon enough.

despi

I have learned so much from many of the posters on this forum. Sadly, there are many posters no longer here that helped open my mind to knew ideas and thoughts.

I was searching the net for information on Mormonism one day....and was fortunate enough to land on this site. I started reading the post under the Latter-day Saints site first. I have to give a special thanks to Katzpur and DeepShadow. Not just for all the knowledge they have so generously shared, but for their integrity. I know without a doubt what they say is spoken with sincerity, truth and straight from their heart. They helped guide me back home....along with the other LDS who post here....Bishka, jonny, FFH, Soyleache, Polaris, Nutshell.....they all have helped confirm my belief in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

ScubaPete, I admire for his unending belief in the power of God's love.

Dawny0826 for the strong conviction of her faith and her beliefs.

Terrywoodenpic for his gentleness in thought.....in his ability to express kindness....and for the respect he has shown toward other people and their beliefs.