• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who here is actually gay?

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
angellous_evangellous said:
I am not sure if I want to understand this analogy.

I found this quote from the script of "The Wizard of Oz". My memory did play a trick on me - but I was close:

Cowardly Lion:
"Trapped! Trapped like mice -- er -- rats!"

This is spoken when the four are caught at the bottom of the stairs in the castle - just before the Scarecrow gets the idea to use the Tinman's axe to cut the rope to the heavy wooden chandelier.

TVOR

WHAT A MOVIE!!

Scorn

Hehehe, I go away for a couple of months and come back, right where I left off.

"I'm not gay but my boyfriend is."

I'm not actually. That was just something I saw on a hat once and it made me laugh. I have no energy around another person's sexual orientation. But I do toward people that put effort into judging others for it.

A

angellous_evangellous

The Voice of Reason said:
The phrase "Trapped. Like rat's in a drain." comes from a movie from my youth. I'm not sure which movie, but the more I think about it, it may be what the cowardly lion says when Dorothy and her posse are cornered in the turret toward the end of the movie "The Wizard of Oz."

It was not meant to be an analogy.

Sorry for the confusion.

TVOR
No problem. Sometimes I read too fast.

Also a poor attempt at humor.:D

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
Prima said:
I suspect you do not have Deut's respect, because you've failed to check your facts :D Even if 'we've all thought about it' that doesn't mean 'everyones gay'

Perhaps a definition of gay is in order?

hence, you can have 'gay thoughts' or 'gay ideas' and yet not be 'gay' It is necessary, it seems, to have a homosexual orientation.

I myself am bisexual, by the way. I would call myself pansexual, except I feel experience would be necessary - I shamefully admit I have never met an androgyne.
the humor is lost i guess. my text book for psych gives this scale between 1-7. 1 being exclusivly hetero, 7 being exculsivly homo. in between is incidentally hetero, bi and incidentally homo, something to that effect.

im wondering though. is homosexuality a sexuality, lifestyle or both? perhaps another creation of a thread is in order.

jimbob

The Celt
:woohoo: nope. i'm straight. i could never og gay. I just don't see anything attractive in guys. Now girls on the other, hand, are VERY attractive

Saw11_2000

Dear TeenHealthFX,

I am a 17-year-old guy and am having definite orientation confusion. While I hang out with, hook up with, and look at the bodies of girls. I have a strong sexual, physical, and (rarely but definitely sometimes) emotional attraction to guys. I have sexual fantasies about both and both (however more often guys) arouse me. I don’t really understand, or for the most part believe in, bisexuality, so please tell me what you think I am (gay, straight…etc.) and what my future outlook will probably be?

Signed: Confused-Gay, Straight Or Bisexual

gbl_hr.gif

gbl_hr.gif

gbl_hr.gif

Dear Confused-Gay, Straight Or Bisexual,

It seems you are experiencing a lot of conflicting feelings; and understandably, you are confused. But please know, at 17 years old your sexual identity is still developing! Whatever the outcome of your sexuality is – IS NORMAL. Sexual orientation is based on genetics so we do not have control over which sex we are attracted too.

It is definitely possible to be attracted to and aroused by both girls and guys. Sexuality can be viewed as a continuum, with homosexuality at one end and heterosexuality at the other. Most people fall somewhere in between, not strictly on one end or the other. This means that you can have sexual feelings toward both men and women and this is completely normal. Also, it is quite normal to find yourself bouncing around this continuum, especially as you go through your teen years.

As for how to identify yourself, only you can answer that. Don’t be so concerned with labels. Take your time and consider your feelings. Your outlook is promising, regardless of your sexual orientation.

If possible, consider speaking with a counselor or other trusted adult about your feelings. It may help to relieve some of your worries and help you become more comfortable with what you are experiencing.

For more information on this and for more reassurance on how you are feelings, see our questions, ?Gay, Straight Or Bisexual?, I’m Gay and Am I A Bisexual?

Signed: TeenHealthFX

teenhealthfx.com

So, there you go. No person is 100% gay or straight, especially during teen years, just about everyone (if not everyone) is bisexual in some degree.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Prima said:
I suspect you do not have Deut's respect, because you've failed to check your facts :D Even if 'we've all thought about it' that doesn't mean 'everyones gay'

Perhaps a definition of gay is in order?

hence, you can have 'gay thoughts' or 'gay ideas' and yet not be 'gay' It is necessary, it seems, to have a homosexual orientation.

I myself am bisexual, by the way. I would call myself pansexual, except I feel experience would be necessary - I shamefully admit I have never met an androgyne.
Oh now you've really gone and done it!!!! I was confused, I thought I knew where I was, what I was, but now my thoughts are in question? ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG!!!!
No more labels, Please.
I often used to sing the song from West side story at work (before the customers came in) I feel pretty, I feel witty, so pretty and witty and gay!!!- there was one guy who was scared stiff of me!:jiggy:

Unedited

Gerani1248 said:
the humor is lost i guess. my text book for psych gives this scale between 1-7. 1 being exclusivly hetero, 7 being exculsivly homo. in between is incidentally hetero, bi and incidentally homo, something to that effect.

im wondering though. is homosexuality a sexuality, lifestyle or both? perhaps another creation of a thread is in order.
I think that'd make me about a 3.

By the way, I had use my fingers to count that one out.

:p

Melody

I'm not gay but because I was single into my 30's, extremely independent and made no bones about the fact that I didn't need some man to take care of me...and didn't date all that much, quite a number of people stuck the label on me. I guess it didn't bother me too much. It, like my tattoo, was a good gauge of people. If they were going to hate me because I was gay or had a tattoo, then it saved me the time of trying to develop a relationship. Fortunately, I didn't run into too many that were that close minded.

I can't say that I've ever felt any attraction to women either although there was the time some woman was walking down the street wearing a miniskirt and she had legs that went on forever. Both my husband *and* I did a doubletake. Then he had the nerve to tell me I couldn't jump him for looking because I did too. I just wanted her legs <5'3" self sighing enviously>.

Circle_One

Like Prima, I would call myself Pansexual, but, unlike Prima, I have the "experience" thought to be necessary to call myself so by definition.

standing_on_one_foot

Prima said:
You have now thoroughly confused me. I'll figure that one out later, when I'm less tired :D
*grins* Confusing people's one of those things I'm good at, apparently. I'm trans.

Just to clarify after like a week...I need to come on more often.