• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who had Mir'aj/Isra , Muhammad or Moses ?

Union

If you actually read the verse i had qouted it says the kabah then the Alharam(sacred) house.

Yes , it says Ka'abah is Haram NOT Masjid Al Haram . Similarly Sa'are is Haram NOT Masjid Al Haram , Mecca is Haram NOT Masjid Al Haram .

A mother can carry a baby but it doesn't mean that the baby is mother .

Rational_Mind

Ahmadi Muslim
(All-Wise.) in all that He decides and ordains for His creatures. Indeed, Allah's is the clearest wisdom, unequivocal proof and the most glorious authority. Ibn Abi Hatim recorded that Ibn `Abbas said, "Just before Allah raised `Isa to the heavens, `Isa went to his companions, who were twelve inside the house. When he arrived, his hair was dripping water and he said, `There are those among you who will disbelieve in me twelve times after he had believed in me.' He then asked, `Who volunteers that his image appear as mine, and be killed in my place. He will be with me (in Paradise)' One of the youngest ones among them volunteered and `Isa asked him to sit down. `Isa again asked for a volunteer, and the young man kept volunteering and `Isa asking him to sit down. Then the young man volunteered again and `Isa said, `You will be that man,' and the resemblance of `Isa was cast over that man while `Isa ascended to heaven from a hole in the house. When the Jews came looking for `Isa, they found that young man and crucified him. Some of `Isa's followers disbelieved in him twelve times after they had believed in him. They then divided into three groups. One group, Al-Ya`qubiyyah (Jacobites), said, `Allah remained with us as long as He willed and then ascended to heaven.' Another group, An-Nasturiyyah (Nestorians), said, `The son of Allah was with us as long as he willed and Allah took him to heaven.' Another group, Muslims, said, `The servant and Messenger of Allah remained with us as long as Allah willed, and Allah then took him to Him.' The two disbelieving groups cooperated against the Muslim group and they killed them. Ever since that happened, Islam was then veiled until Allah sent Muhammad .'' This statement has an authentic chain of narration leading to Ibn `Abbas, and An-Nasa'i narrated it through Abu Kurayb who reported it from Abu Mu`awiyah. Many among the Salaf stated that `Isa asked if someone would volunteer for his appearance to be cast over him, and that he will be killed instead of `Isa, for which he would be his companion in Paradise.

There are plenty of Authentic Hadiths that say the same.

So many unauthentic things have been associated with Hazrat Ibn Abbas. There are Hadith that directly contradict these.

Holy Prophet (saw) said:
"If Moses and Jesus had been alive, they would have had to believe in me and follow me." (Zurqani, Vol. VI, p. 54, Tibrani Kabeer, Alyawaqeet Wal Jawahir, Vol. II, p. 23)

Holy Prophet (saw) said the following to Hadrat Fatima (ra) during his last illness:
"Once in every year, Gabriel recited the Quran to me. This year he recited twice. He also told me that every succeeding prophet has lived to half the age of his predecessor. He told me that Jesus, son of Mary, lived to 120 years. Therefore, I think, I may live to about 60 years." (Mawahib-ud-Duniya by Qastalani, Vol. I, p. 42, Kanzul Ummal Vol. 6, p. 160)

*Note it is translated directly, but I don't want to ad any words so I will clarify that every succeeding prophet has live to atleast half the age of his predecessor.

Imam Bukhari in his book, Sahih Bukhari--the most authentic book after the Book of God, has quoted the saying of Hazrat Ibn Abbasra under the commentary of Verse 5:118: "Qaala Ibno Abbasin Mutawaffeeka Mumeetoka", i.e., Hazrat Ibn Abbasra said, the meaning of Tawafee is death. <- Hence he was never raised up physically but rather died a natural death after surviving the attempts of the Jews to kill him.

Imam Bukhari has named a Bab (Chapter)--Babo Tawaffiyo Rasool-ullahi Sallallaho Alaihi Wa Sallam, in which the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of God be on him) has connoted the meaning of Hazrat Jesus' (as) Tawaffee as that of his own Tawaffee. The Holy Prophet (saw) said:

"On the day of Qiyamat some people of my Ummat would be taken towards Hell. Then I shall say, `O my Lord! these are my companions', Then it would be said! `thou don't know what they innovated after thee'. Then, I shall say as the righteous servant said: `I was a witness over them as long as I remained among them, but since Thou didst cause me to die, Thou hast been the Watcher over them.'" (Bukhari Kitabul Tafseer, Vol. 3, p. 79, Vol. II, p. 159)

The family of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw) were also agreed on the death of Hadhrat Jesus (as). Imam Hasanra, recounting the events relating to the death of Hadhrat Alira, stated, "he (Ali) died during the 27th night of the month of Ramadan, the same night that the spirit of Jesus was raised to heaven." (Tabaqat Ibn Sa'ad, vol III Page 26).

If there was any chance that the Companions believed Jesus (as) to have ascended through the roof of the house then it is OBVIOUS that Hazrat Umar (ra) would have gaven this example and said the Holy Prophet (saw) went up to heaven through the roof of his house and he will return. But instead he did not, he gave the example of Moses (as) 40 days disappearance instead.

Please cite proofs from the Quran. I have already shown AUTHENTIC hadith and verse of the Quran that prove ascending to Heaven with the body impossible.

"We will not believe except if you ascend to Heaven. And we will not believe in your ascent unless you bring to us from Heaven a Book which we may then read." (17:94)
In reply to this challenge, God did not empower the Holy Prophet (saw) to show the miracle which the Holy Prophet's (saw) deniers asked him to show. Instead, God made the Prophet say: "Holy is my Lord! I am not but a man sent as Messenger." (17:94) Knowing this, how can we think the Holy Prophet (saw) should rise to Heaven, but die in the normal way and be buried here in this earth, and Hadhrat Jesus (as) should go to Heaven?