• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

who created "cancer"?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
So are you saying that no one has ever had cancer because of smoking, or any other harmful habits ?.
Mainliner can correct me if I am wrong...
i get the impression that he is saying, abeit not very well, that cancer is not something you catch, like a cold or the flu, but that it resides in everyone and that unless it is "triggered" (for lack of a better term), it remains dormant.

For some people cancer is triggered by something in cigarette smoke, for others in sugars, for others, teflon off their cookware, for others artificial sweetners, etc.

R34L1TY

Neurology Nerd.
i get the impression that he is saying, abeit not very well, that cancer is not something you catch, like a cold or the flu, but that it resides in everyone and that unless it is "triggered" (for lack of a better term), it remains dormant.

For some people cancer is triggered by something in cigarette smoke, for others in sugars, for others, teflon off their cookware, for others artificial sweetners, etc.

Triggered as in a specific genetic mutation that has been successful within a cell.

We must remember that many people are born with certain genetic mutations that cause certains cancers but aren't affected by the mutations. For instance, BRCA1/2 are genes that typically are associated with breast cancer. An individual (predominately women) who carry one or both of these genes has a significantly higher chance of developing breast cancer than someone who doesn't.

Like Mestemia has said, there are many different causations of cancers and we all react differently to these environments. Age, Bodyweight, Immune responses, Viruses, Bacterial Infections &c.

psychoslice

Veteran Member

I don't think cancer is sitting dormant in your body, there may be a weakness that if aggravated can turn into caner, or any other disease.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Our genes "create" cancer. Something goes wrong, cellular reproduction goes wrong, it goes haywire, it goes uncontrolled, and the extremely rapid growth we call it a cancerous tumor.

Of course it makes sense, we have to die from something, and look at how many people smoke, eat rubbish and so on, of course we have cancer.
People who never smoke get lung cancer. People who eat right, exercise, and do everything right get cancer, and die every day from cancer. People have smoked for ages, what we consider eating rubbish others consider a normal diet (especially when it comes to grains and meat), and it doesn't matter if you take a hot shower or go polar plunging, cancer happens. As my bass says "EAT RIGHT, EXERCISE LEAVE A HEALTHY CORPSE"

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Our genes "create" cancer. Something goes wrong, cellular reproduction goes wrong, it goes haywire, it goes uncontrolled, and the extremely rapid growth we call it a cancerous tumor.

People who never smoke get lung cancer. People who eat right, exercise, and do everything right get cancer, and die every day from cancer. People have smoked for ages, what we consider eating rubbish others consider a normal diet (especially when it comes to grains and meat), and it doesn't matter if you take a hot shower or go polar plunging, cancer happens. As my bass says "EAT RIGHT, EXERCISE LEAVE A HEALTHY CORPSE"
Na, that's just denial, of course if you look after your body better you have a bigger chance of no getting cancer, you don't have to be a medical science to see that.

mainliner

no one can de-borg my fact's ...NO-ONE!!
I think im happy with the " cancer is an error in the cells splitting" fact :)..... I wonder how god would have created life after knowing these errors could happen .... Maybe he'd have skipped the before life completely and gone straight to the after life ....;) lol

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Na, that's just denial, of course if you look after your body better you have a bigger chance of no getting cancer, you don't have to be a medical science to see that.
I'm not in denial. I am saying it could happen anyways, so why deprive myself of pleasures? It's like not having a taco today because there could be some risks of eating said taco tomorrow. But because tacos are awesome, and because risk management and reduction consumes way too much time, effort and energy to do more than just a bit of it, I'm gonna eat me a taco.

mainliner

I'm not in denial. I am saying it could happen anyways, so why deprive myself of pleasures? It's like not having a taco today because there could be some risks of eating said taco tomorrow. But because tacos are awesome, and because risk management and reduction consumes way too much time, effort and energy to do more than just a bit of it, I'm gonna eat me a taco.
are we talking tacos now.....they are awesome ha

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
sarcasim is for the uneducated
If you ask me, sarcasm is for the sophisticated and educated. Not only does the one doing it have to come up with a witty jab, the audience must also be able to realize it is sarcasm. Sarcasm also makes up a lot of what we call comedy, and it's room mates with Irony. Together, sarcasm and irony make up a massive chunk of all comedy, classic, slapstick, contemporary, you just won't find good comedy that doesn't resort to sarcasm and irony.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think im happy with the " cancer is an error in the cells splitting" fact :)..... I wonder how god would have created life after knowing these errors could happen .... Maybe he'd have skipped the before life completely and gone straight to the after life ....;) lol
If an omniscient creator were involved wouldn't He have come up with a simpler, more efficient design?

Paradox22

I'm only Hume ian
If an omniscient creator were involved wouldn't He have come up with a simpler, more efficient design?

The omniscient creator didn't have enough time to come up with a more efficient design. The sun hadn't been created yet. Time didn't exist

mainliner

w
My apologies if you took it badly. Didn't mean to harm anyone but sarcasm is something that we should all be able to appreciate.
what like thanking him for his misstakes ......ckeck your own mistakes first buddy....lol

mainliner

If you ask me, sarcasm is for the sophisticated and educated. Not only does the one doing it have to come up with a witty jab, the audience must also be able to realize it is sarcasm. Sarcasm also makes up a lot of what we call comedy, and it's room mates with Irony. Together, sarcasm and irony make up a massive chunk of all comedy, classic, slapstick, contemporary, you just won't find good comedy that doesn't resort to sarcasm and irony.
you cant justify sacastic remarks about are maker .....he'll set you on fire or something.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
iv got an idea but its diffecult explain.
but id like to hear what other people think?.........it doesnt make sense why its on earth?
The funny thing is that our cells have a "kill" mechanism. We will die because our cells eventually can't duplicate anymore. Cancer, in general, is when this kill switch stops working and the cells divide uncontrollably. They will cause death because these cells take over. They're "indestructible." In a sense, they're the undying "eternal" cells. They hold the answer to longevity in a sense. Kind'a the opposite of death, but because they're uncontrolled and won't die off, they cause harm to the whole system. Somethin' like that.

mainliner

he just come from a thousand years of void .....give him credit.

anyway i thought youd have learnded not judge .....esspecaily GOD