• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Are You?

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Seems a simple enough question.

pexels-tima-miroshnichenko-5973768.jpg
Photo by Tima Miroshnichenko from Pexels

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Seems a simple enough question.

I don't believe it is a simple question, in part because it is too general. What *sort* of answer makes sense to a question like this? Are you sure the question itself isn't making unfounded assumptions (for example, that I am a single entity with consistent properties)?

I can give some identifying information (age, occupation, etc), but does that say who I *am*? I guess that depends on what you are trying to ask in the question. Clearly, in many ways, that identifying information *does* say who I am. It isn't a *complete* picture, but it is enough to uniquely identify me.

If you are asking for a *complete* picture, then no answer will be sufficient. There are just too many aspects that interlink and interact.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm a resident of this moss and water covered spec of iron we call Earth that is hurtling through the cosmos and incomprehensible speeds and distances, a biomechanical machine who looks forward but only ever sees things as they happened.
After that another one of billions of confused apes trying to do her best to make sense of it all. But even that is thwarted and made difficult, because the human ape is so remarkable yet so remarkably limited and short sighted it's a miracle in itself they've survived this long.

King Phenomenon

I'm a resident of this moss and water covered spec of iron we call Earth that is hurtling through the cosmos and incomprehensible speeds and distances, a biomechanical machine who looks forward but only ever sees things as they happened.
After that another one of billions of confused apes trying to do her best to make sense of it all. But even that is thwarted and made difficult, because the human ape is so remarkable yet so remarkably limited and short sighted it's a miracle in itself they've survived this long.
Thank God we don’t feel those cosmic speeds

RestlessSoul

That which I call ‘I’ is transient, an illusion without substance, a function of the ego.

That voice in your head, the running monologue, the critic that comments on and evaluates everything, often unbidden? That’s not you.