• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Are You?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I was trying to recall if there was a phenomena that involved organisms that change their behavior with environmental shifts, not sure if that is a thing. I think the switch you made is interesting, and lately I wonder what it would be like to pull up roots from the midwest and put them elsewhere. I don't think I could do california though, that seems kind of hot. But to get away from snow, and go where there is some semblance of culture, becomes interesting to think about. Apprehension occurs however, when one think about the cost of living shift, possible covid travel restrictions, and running into civil unrest
The cost if living where I'm at is very comparable overall to where I was in Indiana. A bit higher overall, but there is so much more money to make here so I'm coming out ahead. Amd the heat is nothing without humidity.
As for many of my changes, I was miserable and unhappy in Indiana and just did not fit in to the point it was causing me problems with others. I also had few opportunities, and was still below the poverty line as a white color professional. Now people largely just leave me alone and there's tons to do and I'm making more money than I ever have before with potential for more.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Well, you must know my penchant for hyperbole. :D It was in the 90s but it may as well have been 153. And it gets humid here in NJ. Not Houston or DC humid, but more than enough.
I used to live in upstate NY so I know humid.
It does not get humid here in the Pacific NW compared to back east or the Midwest.
I used to live in Tuscon, AZ and Redding CA and it gets over 100 there for weeks in the summer but it is very dry.

Most people here like the hot weather but I pray for rain.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Good job. Since early March I have been working at home. I get dressed to go walk over to my laptop but I don't wear anything special, just casual clothes. Of course it is no different than when I went to the office, casual. I never see the public at work.

I also figure since I have the clothes I may as well wear them. I’m not going to go back to the job I had, or maybe any job (I’m on the verge of claiming Social Security), though I will probably get something part time, I hope. I’m not going to give my clothes away or light a bonfire so I may as well wear them. My friend’s parents used to say get dressed because you never know who you’ll run into or will ring your doorbell.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I also figure since I have the clothes I may as well wear them. I’m not going to go back to the job I had, or maybe any job (I’m on the verge of claiming Social Security), though I will probably get something part time, I hope. I’m not going to give my clothes away or light a bonfire so I may as well wear them. My friend’s parents used to say get dressed because you never know who you’ll run into or will ring your doorbell.
I have so many nice clothes in the closets but I have not seen them for years because I have never had time to arrange clothes before work and I have been riding my bike to work for years and I do not like the hassle of changing when I arrive.

I do not think I will ever go back to work in the office, and there are no plans for anyone in my state agency to go back to the building unless they want to, not at least until Phase 3 at the end of this year, but that is too far away to think about. If at that time they ask me to come back to the office I will probably retire.

I could have retired two years ago had I really wanted to but I wanted to wait until the last of three home mortgages were paid off. That happened a couple of months ago, but as long as I can work at home I will continue working until I can decide what to do with my life. It is a complicated situation.

Because of when I was born, I have been able to continue working and collect 50% of my husband's Social Security for the last year and a half and will continue to collect it until I collect my own at age 70 or 72 so as to have a higher payment.

amorphous_constellation

The cost if living where I'm at is very comparable overall to where I was in Indiana. A bit higher overall, but there is so much more money to make here so I'm coming out ahead. Amd the heat is nothing without humidity.
As for many of my changes, I was miserable and unhappy in Indiana and just did not fit in to the point it was causing me problems with others. I also had few opportunities, and was still below the poverty line as a white color professional. Now people largely just leave me alone and there's tons to do and I'm making more money than I ever have before with potential for more.

Hm.. well I'm more of a blue collar person.. my work skill is years of driving a forklift, which I guess you could do anywhere. I'm also a musician of many years, and was trying to think of what other places might make that more financially conducive. Other places might have year-round live music on every street, or more general opportunity with it

A Vestigial Mote

"I" am a continuum of physically and energetically stored and derived memory, reaction to stimuli and psychological bluster with the (partially honorary) title of "captain" aboard a passenger conveyance carrying 23 trillion+ individual lives. The position was given to me by literally no one at all, as "I" was born into the position without choice in the matter. I never forget this, and keep it top of mind, for it makes so much noise in life matter so very, very little.

Piculet

...In my 40's, I've noticed the food comatose dilemma has increased two-fold. Seriously it's like if I don't graze lightly all day, But eat an actual meal, my digestive track eats up like 90% of my energy. Sucks.
Are you sure your definition of an actual meal isn't an oversized meal? The doctors do recommend you to eat little but often.