• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who are you?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
But a recipe is more than just a collection of it's ingredients.
It's rather easy to break down. I'm an American, thus I have more an American view and approach to the world. My self has been further culturally honed by having been born, raised, and lived my entire life in the rural MidWest. I've been an outsider my entire life, and outsider stuff appeals to me more. I used to cling onto many of the bigoted views of my parents, but then I met other people who showed me the errors of those ways.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I am Popeye the sailor man WHOOOT.....

Cause I eats me spinach.

Gaa ga a ga ga..ah!

WHOOOT!!!!

MrMrdevincamus

Voice Of The Martyrs Supporter
Idea said:
Fill in the blanks -

Hi member Idea, thought provoking questions!

The material world, all matter and energy etc including our body of course was created via information to be interwoven into the fabric of the universe 'before' the big bang (there was no 'before' the big bang according to most cosmologists) and processes that came after it.. Its also my personal belief that it was created to house our immaterial, hopefully eternal* SOUL. (Maybe God can end what he creates even though I feel the scriptures are not 100% clear about a promised eternal soul, (again I realize that is not mainstream or a popular belief). Our soul is reality, because the body seems to be far less than real or tangible when viewed from the perspective of the age of the universe and how long it may be here. Its so difficult to imagine eras that last thousands of billions to quintillion of years, depending on Gods plan or patience. Oops I digress eh? A bit more about our beautiful but flash in the pan body. (I was going to say flash in the pan fleshly body, but that conjured up an unpleasant thought or subject, you know what I mean? those words don’t go together or as oddball might say they dig up ‘negative waves, man’, oddball being the beat generation hippie tank commander in Kelly’s heroes) I like to think of our body as a kind of inter-dimensional (dimensional for lack of a better word) capable ’space ship’ that can explore via navigating and interfacing and intermingling with the material and the immaterial, the supernatural and the natural world . Maybe other than a fellowship with God we are attending basic training school in this material universe to buff us, mind and other parts up a bit so we can do the work God may have for us when we get to meet our beloved father. Its not easy to prepare our mind and to clean our spiritually filthy flesh to stand before God, but I can’t wait to experience the perfect eternal world/universe that is to come, the way the universe may have been before ‘sin’ was introduced into the realm of the material universe.

(this is not you, it is just things you have)
Who is me? Lol, I look at what is the real ‘me’ as the ‘the me’ that we all have. It produces that internal voice or dialog which is often almost indiscernible in the day, and occurs when we are caving in to temptations large or small! The bad or good in a tough love way is that that same voice that we hide from in the day is the loudest and speaks with a sometimes fearful authority at night! With me it begins just as my head hit’s the pillow. Never mind that pillow is blissfully soft, and weariness pulls me towards the abyss of sleep, ‘the voice tugs my mind into semi wakefulness. I know God is holding sleep for ransom until I repent the forgotten sin or make amends for righting a wrong. A wrong that I knew instantly it was a wrong but rationalized it away. So yes the soul is the real Gold, our way to innately know right from wrong in nearly if not every case. If humanity didn’t have that the world would be an awful place. Maybe the universe as well, especially if we are the only sentient species alive at the moment! Well if anyone is still reading or awake I apologize for the length of this reply, I suppose most of it would be more properly in a blog etc. But then it wouldn’t be me. God bless this forum and its members. Oh, If I misunderstood the question etc I'm sure there are not a shortage of members that will correct me eh? MrMrdevincamus

HEH HEH FORGOT TO SPELL CHECK! heh heh no I posted the unedited reply I wrote as I was waking up..... I hope the entire day doesn't go like this...or is it that?

Last edited:

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
You can say the same thing either way.

"I have green eyes."
"I am a green-eyed person."

Pretty much the same meaning, but with different word-choice...

"I have artistic talent."
"I am an artist."

I suppose on that one it might be a difference in having the means and actually doing the thing though. It's one thing to be capable of being an artist, and it's another thing to actually be one...

"I have a book."
"I am a book." O_O ("I am a book-owner.")

Noa

I have bubblegum and I am awesomeness personified and the lord of jelly.

What? Oprah told me to.

MrMrdevincamus

You can say the same thing either way.

"I have green eyes."
"I am a green-eyed person."

Pretty much the same meaning, but with different word-choice...

"I have artistic talent."
"I am an artist."

I suppose on that one it might be a difference in having the means and actually doing the thing though. It's one thing to be capable of being an artist, and it's another thing to actually be one...

"I have a book."
"I am a book." O_O ("I am a book-owner.")

But your example of different word choices are different in a logical manner too! Just pickin' a little~

vaguelyhumanoid

I am:

- male
- queer
- autistic
- an aspiring musician
- Cascadian
- an anarchist
- a pagan/heathen

I have:

- a Steam account
- a (small) record collection
- a great immediate family
- a cool coat
- an interest in linguistics, philosophy and history
- weird dreams
- OCD and general anxiety

MrMrdevincamus

I am:

- male
- queer
- autistic
- an aspiring musician
- Cascadian
- an anarchist
- a pagan/heathen

I have:

- a Steam account
- a (small) record collection
- a great immediate family
- a cool coat
- an interest in linguistics, philosophy and history
- weird dreams
- OCD and general anxiety

Variety is the spice in life and of people, eh? Homogeneity is death. Just curious, what kind of music do you play or like etc? Me like all music even classical, well I love classical piano ie Chopin, as opposed to strings. I also like all kinds of metal rock blues etc, Ugh I can't stand polka or most 80's disco. And I would like to learn to play but my fingers don't connect to my brain in a musical way!
MrMrD

~Jesus Christ didn't degenerate or condemned homosexuality in his earthly ministry ~

Last edited:

MrMrdevincamus

I mostly play stuff influenced by post-rock, post-punk and 90s-style lo-fi rock. (I can link examples of bands that influence me if you want)

Yes that would be appreciated. I do like a lot of the 90s ' Seattle' stuff. zI dont mean to box anything in saying Seattle stuff....anyway that lo fi sound hits me in a special place just like some art. Hey maybe when I get a new photo shop* suite I could do your cover art? Just kidding, my art is a work in progress... *(my last photo shop was swiped by a virus along with thousands of pics and most of my art. Yep I back EVERYTHING up now.. I always thought lo fi was the sound of tube amps and very old recording equipment love that sound too.
MrMr~

vaguelyhumanoid

Yes that would be appreciated. I do like a lot of the 90s ' Seattle' stuff. zI dont mean to box anything in saying Seattle stuff....anyway that lo fi sound hits me in a special place just like some art. Hey maybe when I get a new photo shop* suite I could do your cover art? Just kidding, my art is a work in progress... *(my last photo shop was swiped by a virus along with thousands of pics and most of my art. Yep I back EVERYTHING up now.. I always thought lo fi was the sound of tube amps and very old recording equipment love that sound too.
MrMr~

OK, here are some bands which I'd say my music is similar to/inspired by. I tried to pick tracks that are representative of how they influenced me and also under 10 minutes.

Joy Division (
)
Slint (
)
Wire (
)
The Magnetic Fields (
)
Car Seat Headrest (
)
Sonic Youth (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf2qYa8c-cA)
Josef K (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrINhhAiDpI)
Placebo (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXnTOzUgDv0)
Guided by Voices (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjmJsx6c9Tc)
Mogwai (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J3-ZOdp3g0)
Young Marble Giants (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8dl12lsaW8)
John Maus (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMku-GbafEg)

Sorry if that's an unreasonable number of links. I would just post my own songs but I don't have any finished recordings...

Timothy Bryce

Who are you?

PostIt1680b3ta.jpg

Love that movie.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I am what I am and that's all that I am

I will also go with I am I