• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who am i, where do i belong, and who is my god?

Super Universe

Defender of God
Folks, due to my change in religious belief and reminding my mother of the abuse I suffered as a child to explain why I have changed my belief she has now disowned me. I have no family anymore. As such I am dealing with a little bit of pain so I'm likely not going to be posting for a little while. Bbs

What she did is not unconditional love, which all children deserve from their parents.

When we grow up we have to do what our parents tell us to do. In very dysfunctional families, especially those with alcohol/drugs involved, the children often know better than their parents. The children mature quickly. You haven't given us enough details about your mother but I suspect that you are more mature than she is.

I was never able to confront my mother about all the abuse she bestowed upon me. She would get drunk and vent all of her life's frustrations on me. After I left home we just kind of pretended it never happened but deep down she knew how I really felt because whenever I would come home on leave I would spend all of my time over my friends parents house because they were one of the safe places I could go to get a way from the alcohol fueled abuse at home. For Christmas I would give them nice gifts and my mother would only get something simple, a token, something I knew she didn't really want. Only after her death was I able to bring things to the surface and tell my older siblings the truth about what went on at home after they moved out.

Those things have to come out, they absolutely have to. If she refuses to listen it's because she won't accept responsibility for anything. She absolutely is responsible because she is your mother. It is her fault whether she did it or stood by and allowed it to happen. Once again, you were the child, she was the adult.

If she won't listen, we will.