• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which was Created first, the optic nerve or the retina?

tas8831

I know this is a ridiculous question, but it seems that at least some creationists believe that these sorts of questions are real GOTCHA!-type stumpers. Amazing....

Axe Elf

Prophet
The optic nerve:

"The bulk of the highly complex development of the retina occurs between 24 weeks gestation and 3 to 4 months of age, when the optic nerve becomes fully myelinated. Rod cells are better developed at birth resulting in scotopic vision in infants. As a result, newborns see primarily dark, light and shades of gray. Color discrimination occurs at 3 months of age when the cones mature."

Lesson:

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I know this is a ridiculous question, but it seems that at least some creationists believe that these sorts of questions are real GOTCHA!-type stumpers. Amazing....

What is even more ridicolous is that they really believe to have found such an obvious flaw that escaped the most brilliant minds of the last 100 years and more. And instead of claiming the Nobel prize for their smart ideas, they just post their ridicolous challenges here.

Well, on second thought, if we take a look at what they believe, it is not surprising. I guess that when you believe life has been created multiple times (once per kind), then the credulity sky is the limit.

Ciao

- viole

tas8831

I guess that when you believe life has been created multiple times (once per kind), then the credulity sky is the limit.

Ciao

- viole

I never thought of it that way - yes, multiple rounds of living, adult males and females of all animal taxa (expect humans - for some reason, God did not think to make a female human right away...) being created from silicates....

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Oh yeah? Well how about this Mr. Smart Guy Evolutionist.......which evolved first, the toe or the toenail? Huh? Huh? HUH?

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
Instead of trying to solve escaping the gravity well of the planet as efficiently as possible, we are stuck refuting a couple 1000 year old wrong guess turned fact because the guess lived on through the centuries disguised as the truth, on how things happened before science ever existed. But chiseling away a cemented by time blind guess has proven quite difficult to remove the "fear of the unknown" adhesive they applied to it in the minds of their underlings.

Bob the Unbeliever

Zoiks! Stumped me with that one... God did it!
GODDIDIT.GODDIDIT.jpg