• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which Religions Will Die Out?

Kirran

Premium Member
I just realized I didn't finish answering your question. There are only about 53 million people in England, which makes it a pretty tiny part of the West. Christianity is doing quite well in the West outside of Europe.

In Canada, New Zealand and Australia, I don't believe so.

In the USA, yeah, there's an argument to be made for that.

In the USA, yeah, there's an argument to be made for that.[/QUOTE

The shrinking Saxon population and religious trends are tied together. If you look at the religious groups that people are leaving, even in Britain and the old Commonwealth countries they are basically nominal Christian groups with at least a generation or two of apathetic membership. Newer and more zealous Christian groups are growing even in those countries. Look at the figures for Pentecostals, etc. You find consistent growth even in the old Commonwealth. Even in the Church of England, membership in evangelical churches within Anglicanism has grown from 26% in 1989 to 40% in 2012. The 2005 census showed 34% growth in Pentecostals. What's happening there is masked partly by the effects of old nominal identifications falling away and partly by the fall in population, but the most conservative groups whose membership actually represent zealous belief are growing in real numbers. They are both making converts and have a higher fertility rate than non-believers.

Kirran

Premium Member

That's very interesting. I await to see the effects with great anticipation.

I only know that friends of mine from Europe are almost all basically irreligious, with the exception of a couple of tepid Muslims, a tepid Sikh and a tepid Catholic. Oh, and a tepid Orthodox guy, who's now become thoroughly agnostic.

12jtartar

Premium Member
Within the next thousand years, which major religious traditions of today (Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Sikhism, Judaism, whichever others you'd like to talk about) can you see dying out entirely? If any.

Will your own religion die out? I imagine not :)

Other side of the coin, which ones do you think are likely to flourish, grow, spread? What'll be the changes to such religions as they grow? Might they include religions that are currently pretty small, like the Baha'i Faith, the Rastafari movement, Raelianism, Cao Dai?

I'll be interested to hear people's opinions.

Kirran,
I have studied the Bible for over 50 years, and I have proved to myself that God' word is true, Rom 12:2. According to all the evidence I have found in the Holy Scriptures, there is only ONE Faith that is blessed by God, whose Proper Name is Jehovah, Eph 4:3-6. This makes all other faiths that do not believe and obey what the Bible says false, and will be destroyed, very probably before 20 years, from now, 2015. The belief of the Bible is the Faith started by the followers of Jesus Christ, called Christians, Acts 11:26. To be Christians you must follow in Jesus' footsteps, 1Pet 2:21. Only the ONE WAY was acceptable to God. In the early congregation the Faith was called, The Way, Acts 9:2, 19:9,23, 24:14. This WAY was that narrow road leading to life, that relatively few find, Matt 7:13,14. A Christian must exert himself vigorously to enter God' Kingdom, Luke 13:23, Matt 11:12
The Bible tells us that all that are called gods, he, God will destroy, and He will destroy everyone who worships these false gods, Jere 10:10-15. The Bible warns about following false gods, Ps 115:1-8. The one true God will destroy all false gads and everyone who worships them, Jere 10:10-14, 25, Ps 135:13-18.
The Bible even says that anyone who teaches anything different than what is written in the Bible is cursed, Gal 1:6-9.
Christians cannot be eating at the same table, 1Cor 10:20-22. Christians are not even to be yoked to unbelievers, 2Cor 6:14-18. Being a true Christian is not easy, for Jesus said if they persecuted him, they will persecute his followers, John 15:17-20. That people would go so far away from God's laws that they will kill His own people, thinking they are doing a sacred service to God, John 16:2,3. Many other things are requirements to qualify as a Christian, Matt 28:19,20, 24:14.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Within the next thousand years, which major religious traditions of today (Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Sikhism, Judaism, whichever others you'd like to talk about) can you see dying out entirely? If any.

Other side of the coin, which ones do you think are likely to flourish, grow, spread? What'll be the changes to such religions as they grow? Might they include religions that are currently pretty small, like the Baha'i Faith, the Rastafari movement, Raelianism, Cao Dai?

All religions who have following characteristics will die out:
  • Those who don't believe in Word of Revelation from G-d .
  • Those who don't believe in reason to the limit it could lead and where boundary of Revelation to guide humans starts.
The opposite will flourish

Regards

Kirran

Premium Member
All religions who have following characteristics will die out:
  • Those who don't believe in Word of Revelation from G-d .
  • Those who don't believe in reason to the limit it could lead and where boundary of Revelation to guide humans starts.
The opposite will flourish

Regards

So which religions does this leave?

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member

All the religions will die out...
Except the true one...

This is not a claim...This is a fact...A scientific science...
All wrong ideas die...

The truth is one ...and Falsehood is countless

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

In the USA, yeah, there's an argument to be made for that.
Christianity is not dying any time soon in South America, although it is changing a lot - mainly, becoming more protestant and more superficial.

Kirran

Premium Member
All the religions will die out...
Except the true one...

This is not a claim...This is a fact...A scientific science...
All wrong ideas die...

The truth is one ...and Falsehood is countless

Then why does religious belief persist in diversifying?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
It is one version of Islam...Not all versions...
Just study the history of religions.
All true religions are included in Islam.
I have studied the history of religions a fair lot.

And I can tell you that there is just no way for a strict monotheism such as any version of Islam that I met to ever fit all of humanity. Nor would it be a good thing to make the attempt, either.

The closest we can come to that is by absorbing some of Islam's teachings and the luminary example of some of its best adherents (such as Badshah Khan) into other groups.

Some of Islam's heritage entered into Sikh Dharma, and I expect that to be the apex of its worthwhile fruits.

Kirran

Premium Member
I have studied the history of religions a fair lot.

And I can tell you that there is just no way for a strict monotheism such as any version of Islam that I met to ever fit all of humanity. Nor would it be a good thing to make the attempt, either.

The closest we can come to that is by absorbing some of Islam's teachings and the luminary example of some of its best adherents (such as Badshah Khan) into other groups.

Some of Islam's heritage entered into Sikh Dharma, and I expect that to be the apex of its worthwhile fruits.

How do you feel about the Baha'i, Luis?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
How do you feel about the Baha'i, Luis?
They mean very well, but got much too used to lying to themselves for anyone's good.

They are much too insistent on monotheism; much too set on appropriating other religions, particularly non-monotheistic ones which are just not compatible with Bahai doctrine despite their insistence; and perhaps worst of all, too much in denial of their own disrespect to other faiths.

They are very good on promoting the dissolution of ethnic conflicts and racism, though.