• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which Religion Is the Most Accurate?

Adept

Atheism is the least biased, but it is not a religion.

The rest are poison when it comes to actual history IMHO

Actually agnosticism would be in this case. Saying "there is no god" is equally ignorant as saying there is one, there's no argument either way.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I don't know how you would even begin to objectively quantify that, nor do I see what the benefit of doing so would be. Especially since all three of those things you list are moving targets and/or have elements of subjective judgement to them.

That's true, and I admit my guilty pleasure of creating this thread was to see large debates arise.

But on the other hand, while I agree it's hard to objectively quantify that, it's not impossible.

While all history is not uncovered, nor is all scientific laws, I would say that it would be possible to point out so far what religion has had more claims to seem scientifically possible and historically proven or not geologically flawed.

And yes, there is not a big benefit from this information, it's not going to say which religion is the right one (if fact I could go into detail on how much I find that question absurd, impossible, and better yet annoying). However, it would be interesting knowledge, at least to me.

If we could all agree on a 'religion' that is most accurate we'd all be following that religion. However, it is fact and not just my opinion that the eastern religions are way superior to the Abrahamic religions.

The Sum of Awe

If we could all agree on a 'religion' that is most accurate we'd all be following that religion. However, it is fact and not just my opinion that the eastern religions are way superior to the Abrahamic religions.

Not necessarily.

The religion's accuracy has nothing to do with it being true. Let alone, a major fundamental in religion isn't the metaphysical beliefs, it is what those metaphysical beliefs show about life in the physical world.

outhouse

Atheistically
Actually agnosticism would be in this case. Saying "there is no god" is equally ignorant as saying there is one, there's no argument either way.

You could not be more wrong.

ignorance? :facepalm:

Through education I see where man has created all deities to date, and with education one can clearly see how ancient men created and defined the Abrahamic deity from Canaanite deities.

There is nothing ignorant about knowing men create deities, it is our human heritage and history.

Adept

Not necessarily.

The religion's accuracy has nothing to do with it being true. Let alone, a major fundamental in religion isn't the metaphysical beliefs, it is what those metaphysical beliefs show about life in the physical world.

Uh, what? Weren't you asking how accurate a religion is in accordance with truth (science, history, etcetera)?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Chicken egg sexing. Sure, the religion has some downsides. It won't save you. It won't enlighten you. It doesn't provide you with a moral code. It has nothing to offer in terms of meaning or purpose in life. And you can scratch wisdom goodbye. But, by gosh, even though it's more art than science, it's hands down more accurate than most any other religion. Chicken egg sexing. Isn't it about time you asked whether it's the religion for you?

The Sum of Awe

Uh, what? Weren't you asking how accurate a religion is in accordance with truth (science, history, etcetera)?

Yes.

Those are irrelevant to the truth. For some reason, I find it necessary to remember that the truth of objective reality is unimportant, it's a waste of time to deal with when it comes to truths that the subjective universe already takes care of.

I find it necessary to remember that the truth of objective reality is unimportant, it's a waste of time to deal with when it comes to truths that the subjective universe already takes care of.

Can you explain this in layman's language?

Sees

Dragonslayer
You could not be more wrong.

ignorance? :facepalm:

Through education I see where man has created all deities to date, and with education one can clearly see how ancient men created and defined the Abrahamic deity from Canaanite deities.

There is nothing ignorant about knowing men create deities, it is our human heritage and history.

It is still saying the deities of myth and legend are probably all fairy tales/archetypes/hopes but doesn't really address the existence of one or more deities being real. Certain God/Gods concepts can be rubbed off as imaginary or rubbish, sure....probably many.

You still get left with lots of ignorance of what is out there, and if certain things we call supernatural are just natural things we don't understand can they all be dismissed?

Too many atheists and theists, religious and irreligious, all thinking they know more than they really do and don't give ignorance enough respect. Mankind is still toddlers if not babies.

The Sum of Awe

Objectively, void from emotion, bias, perception, is impossible to observe because each observer has a different way of seeing the world. In that case, most of the time it is useless to even try to find the one and only Truth, since the subjective world (the world that every conscious animal sees) is the only one we will ever see

Hope that made sense, it is a very complicated subject to explain

Repox

Truth Seeker
Up to date, what religion has proven to be the most accurate?

By accurate I mean, has the least contradiction with history, science, logic, etc. Or, if not that, the religion that has the least inaccuracies.

No Religion is good history, but it may be sociological or anthropological if your interested religious morality for certain ethnic groups or people.

As for accuracy, the Bible has some archeological support, and a few cross references from Assyrian and Babylonian monarchy records. Some wars mentioned in the Israeli Bible have been referenced by these sources.

Objectively, void from emotion, bias, perception, is impossible to observe because each observer has a different way of seeing the world. In that case, most of the time it is useless to even try to find the one and only Truth, since the subjective world (the world that every conscious animal sees) is the only one we will ever see

Hope that made sense, it is a very complicated subject to explain

This went above my head again. Are you trying to explain absolute and perceptual reality by any chance? If yes, what has that got to do with the accuracy of religious beliefs?

I'll give you an example of accuracy. Eastern religions like Buddhism and Hinduism with concepts like Karma and Reincarnation make a lot more sense to the rational mind than religions that proclaim an eternal hell/heaven. Let me remind you that we ain't discussing scientific validity here. Just accuracy or in other words - which religions make more sense? That should have nothing to do with objectivity/subjectivity.

Sees

Dragonslayer
This also went above my head. Kindly explain :D

Another way to say it -

There are many Truths...the ones that work in real life towards goodness, happiness, and overall benefitting/promoting life, are the ones worth a damn/that matter.

What we do with life and what legacy we leave behind are most important. Not our understanding of difficult or ineffable supernatural/metaphysical/spiritual stuffs.

chinu

chinu
Up to date, what religion has proven to be the most accurate?

By accurate I mean, has the least contradiction with history, science, logic, etc. Or, if not that, the religion that has the least inaccuracies.
Why not ask this to God ?
Am sure "He" will communicate with you to give the answer if you are really interested. :)