1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which books on magic would you recommend?

Discussion in 'Magic DIR' started by Sirona, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Sirona

Sirona Hindu Wannabe

Ratings:
    +344
    Religion:
    Hinduism
    Dear forum,

I am looking for any good books on magic you would recommend. The best I‘ve discovered so far is The Ritual Magic Workbook by Dolores Ashcroft-Nowicki. I concur with her view of magic as a philosophy, a mystical path requiring a lot of introspection to make you discover what you truly want.

Which books did you find inspiring?

2. wizanda

wizanda One Accepts All Religious Texts
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,916
    Religion:
    Øneness
    Depends which type of Magic we want to understand?

As a Being who comes from a place beyond form, Oneness gets Aleister Crowley, and others who teach Magick; yet they use their Will too much ("I Am" consciousness), which leads to shadow waves splashing back, and unless we are a Master of Maya, it is always doomed to failure.

Personally would say the most advanced magic we can learn, is how reality really functions...

Which is why I keep putting the forms of Yoga & Chakras aligned, with the dimensional quantum physics from the I-Ching, and 10 Commandments combined as Jacob's Ladder for ascension.

As when we learn inner meditation to the art of advanced Mudra Magic; the rest comes naturally, the art is in the inner technique.

In my opinion. :innocent:

#2 wizanda, Jan 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  3. Wurlitzer Oz

Wurlitzer Oz Chaos Magick

Ratings:
    +17
    Religion:
    Magick
    Well... as an interesting peek into Chaos Magick, I really enjoy "The Blood of the Saints", "The Urn", and "A Desert of Roses".

Franz Bardon's books on Hermeticism for something different from the same old Golden Dawn stuff.

The "Quareia" material for a contemporary take on Hermeticism.

4. Brickjectivity

Brickjectivity Veteran Member
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8,830
    Religion:
    Liberal Christian
    ***mod: Dir area. Rule 10 applies. Only magic practitioners may comment***

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +941
    Religion:
    Druidry
    I would say to take a peek at Raymond Buckland's Complete Book of Witchcraft. It is Wicca heavy which I don't normally recommend, as it is not my personal cup of tea, it does have good beginners magickal rituals and information.

6. Wurlitzer Oz

Wurlitzer Oz Chaos Magick

Ratings:
    +17
    Religion:
    Magick
    I'm new - do I need to do anything beyond setting the check marks for the DIR in my profile?

7. Brickjectivity

Brickjectivity Veteran Member
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8,830
    Religion:
    Liberal Christian
    ***I see no problem. It helps us moderate that you have 'Magick' for your religion, but there is no form to fill out or particular declaration required.***