• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which book is this from?

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
Namaste,

would you tell me the title(s) of these work(s)? Thanks.:heart:

radha-madhava.jpg

radha-madhava2.jpg

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
The poems (16 in all, that is why it has also been called 'Sho-dash Geet', six and ten) are by Hanuman Prasad Poddar (Hanuman Prasad Poddar - Wikipedia), co-founder of Gita Press, Gorakhpur, the largest publisher of Hindu scriptures at minimal costs, very carefully translated, without any embellishments. :thumbsup::clapping:
I am thankful to Gita Press, Gorakhpur for having read from their books, Bhagawat Purana, Sri Rama Charit Manas, Bhagawat Gita, etc. in my childhood.
As I have mentioned earlier, my copy of Bhagawat Purana was published before my birth, and I am ancient. That means in 1940 (I was born in 1942).
The book is available in PDF format at Radha Madhav Ras Sudha Gita Press : Gita Press : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive
Unfortunately, I am unable to find an English translation of the book.

'Shri Radha Rasa Sudha Nidhi' is a different book by Hare-Krishnas. That is likely to have an English translation. But though Krishna is dear to me, Hare-Krishna is not my path.

Last edited:

ameyAtmA

~ ~
Premium Member
Hanuman Prasad Poddar (Hanuman Prasad Poddar - Wikipedia), co-founder of Gita Press, Gorakhpur, the largest publisher of Hindu scriptures at minimal costs, very carefully translated, without any embellishments. :thumbsup::clapping:
I am thankful to Gita Press, Gorakhpur for having read from their books, Bhagawat Purana, Sri Rama Charit Manas, Bhagawat Gita, etc.

Same here. I have many Geetas by many translators/commenterators, but my daily Geeta is from Geeta Press Gorakhpur ( Hanuman Das Poddar + Swami Ramsukhdas ji )
My Bhagvat set is from GeetaPress Gorakhpur (It is available in Sankrit to Hindi/Marathi/Gujrathi/MalyaLam.... all Indian languages but perhaps not in English.
Bhagavad Geeta and commentary are available in English but BhAgvat and other purAN are not)
[Among upanishads I have the 8 upanishad GambhirAnanda series. Others are just booklets.]

What I like about these 2 (the team of GeetaPress author-publishers) is that they compliment each other, and have targeted the golden medium of bhakti + jnAna with paramparA.

BhAgvat shows bhakti and then the jnAna of oneness.
This is what KRshNa gave and that is what GeetaPress has preserved.
(leading to JnAnottar bhakti (bhakti after jnAna) like Prahlad).

Quote from Swami Ramsukhdas ji :
To find Parmatama is not related to your body, mind, intelligence, aptitude etc. but you can find him by renouncing these things.

Last edited: