• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which book has had the most impact on you?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't need to read about bacon.
I live it.

But I do own a copy of a Jewish book about bacon....
th

Yes, Zingerman's really is a Jewish deli.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't recommend my personal path, so I won't reveal which books have most impacted me. There are some very unhelpful authors out there and people who think nothing of wasting your time. You may get something that changes your life out of their books, but that doesn't mean they are worth your time. Read all the classics and the biographies. They are for entertainment and your edification, and check the following out from the library.

Here is one that is worth a good skim:
9780449902929_p0_v1_s550x406.jpg

Here is another one which I recommend the first few chapters of to everyone even if they aren't experiencing psychological issues:
search-for-the-real-self-9780029202920_lg.jpg

Also I recommend Huckleberry Finn. It is the story of a boy who is made to feel guilty about doing the right thing, but triumphs in doing what his own conscience is telling him to do. He rejects the gods and instead seizes morality, does the right thing and in so doing shows the gods to be irrelevant.
9780553210798_p0_v1_s550x406.jpg