• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where was Adam created?

Youtellme

For those of you who do believe in the creation account of Adam, where do you think he was created? (I noticed something for the first time today...)

newhope101

Well, I reckon God slipped into one of the several dimentions invented to support Steven Hawkins singularity. Here God has a lab, not unlike the labs we have now related to genetic testing and he grew humans and all the other creations in a super petrie dish. God then did a little engramic imprinting on Adam and then Eve's brain so they knew who they were and could talk.

When we were formed God brought us back to earth gave the body a couple of quick breaths of mouth to mouth (the breath of life) and away we went. God did not give mouth to mouth to his other creatures because they were not made in his image. Instead he dropped the other creatures with a bit of a thud and that got their circulation going and off they went.

I think God still goes to these dimentions for a bit of a holiday.

As silly as that sounds, the paragraph alludes to the amazing developments in science both in physics, biochemistry and genomics. Our world is now comming up with laws to prevent scientists from creating anything they shouldn't and restricting the transfer of human DNA into other organisms.

I think God's creation of his creatures may not have been all that miraculous. Rather it illustrates God knows more than mankind at the moment, which is to be expected.

Skwim

Veteran Member
For those of you who do believe in the creation account of Adam, where do you think he was created? (I noticed something for the first time today...)
Perhaps to the west of Eden.

Gen. 2:7-8
7 Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
8 Now the LORD God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed.

outhouse

Atheistically
LOL layers of dust is dirt :)

exactly like science says except with a little water mixed in, must have rained that day lol

gen 2.6

gen 2.8 says its eden 2:8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

you could be talking aboutthe second creation LOL :)

newnature

It seems that their was no rain coming out of that fifth time gap or day, starting the sixth time gap or day, Yahweh cause water to well up from the ground and water the surface of the earth; but it seems Adam was formed on the edge of Eden; in the west, that's a good one. On the edge of Eden somewhere?

outhouse

Atheistically
It seems that their was no rain coming out of that fifth time gap or day, starting the sixth time gap or day

first there is a good reason the bible contradicts itself, these early storys were taken from different books and edited into genesis.

2:6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground. 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

2:8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

this would not dictate adam was on the edge but merely on the west side of eden

Perhaps to the west of Eden.
Gen. 2:7-8
7 Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
8 Now the LORD God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed.
Okay, so God created Adam outside of Eden and then placed him there. WHat has this got to do with anything?

newnature

Okay, so God created Adam outside of Eden and then placed him there. WHat has this got to do with anything?

I think that is the spot where Yahweh formed the animals too, when Yahweh brought them to Adam to see what Adam would call them. I guess that is the spot where Yahweh like to blow that breath of life into the things he formed?

Skwim

Veteran Member
Well, I thought it pretty much addressed the question of "where?" "Where" indicating at or in what place.
Q. "[At what place] do you think [Adam] was created?"

A. "Perhaps to the [place] west of Eden."
Of course I don't believe in the creation account of Adam so maybe I'm out of place here, but figured I'd throw in my two cents anyway. :D

newnature

Well, I thought it pretty much addressed the question of "where?" "Where" indicating at or in what place.
Q. "[At what place] do you think [Adam] was created?"

A. "Perhaps to the [place] west of Eden."
Of course I don't believe in the creation account of Adam so maybe I'm out of place here, but figured I'd throw in my two cents anyway. :D

Kinda like where Yahweh has his potter wheel, where the good clay is; some place in the west of edge of Eden, I guess we could say? It seems to be one spot though, just taking a wild guess at it?

Youtellme

Some good answers here. I just wanted to chat about the fact that some think, as I did that he was created in Eden. Not much of a debate etc, but just a small point. By the way, the points about him being created to the west of Eden may not be true as Moses was writting from his location which was to the west of the Garden of Eden. So it was if he was telling his audience that the garden was to the east of them.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/necessarily

newnature

Some good answers here. I just wanted to chat about the fact that some think, as I did that he was created in Eden. Not much of a debate etc, but just a small point. By the way, the points about him being created to the west of Eden may not be true as Moses was writting from his location which was to the west of the Garden of Eden. So it was if he was telling his audience that the garden was to the east of them.

Kinda like if we walked from the spot Yahweh has his potters wheel, and we were overlooking Eden, in the east of that Eden somewhere, Yahweh plants this garden. I guess their standing on the edge of this garden as Yahweh causes this trees to grow; then Yahweh put that man into the garden itself? I think that is what it's trying to say, but your right their, "if he was telling his audience that the garden was to the east of them."

Youtellme

Also, I reckon the Garden of Eden had a fence around it like Jurrasic Park cos when Adam and Eve were thrown out of the Garden the Angels blocked the way in with the rotating sword. If I was Adam, I'd just walk around the Garden, away from the angels and sneak in round the back. But he didn't, so it must mean there was only one way in. And that's through the main gates, so it must have had a fence!

newnature

Also, I reckon the Garden of Eden had a fence around it like Jurrasic Park cos when Adam and Eve were thrown out of the Garden the Angels blocked the way in with the rotating sword. If I was Adam, I'd just walk around the Garden, away from the angels and sneak in round the back. But he didn't, so it must mean there was only one way in. And that's through the main gates, so it must have had a fence!

I think a river ran through that garden to water it, may a molt like obstacle was in Adam's way?

Ben Masada

icon1.gif
+The Double Allegory of Creation+
There are three stages for the account of Creation in Genesis: Two allegories and the Reality which the allegories point to: Man as the theme of Creation.

The first allegory in the Genesis account of Creation is in the letter of the account, and here abide the masses of religious people for taking the account at its face value.
I mean, Adam and Eve in the Garden being provided by God with all their needs, being told what's allowed and forbidden in the Garden, being misled by the serpent into eating of a forbidden tree, and eventually being punished with different kinds of punishments respectively on all three of them, etc. Just literally as it is written.

The second allegory has still the same elements and God is still figured anthropomorphically, but the meaning of the actions and behaviour depicts a more logical version of what happened in the Garden. And here abide those who can think more logically, abbeit not in the archtype level of Reality. In this phase of the account of Creation in Genesis, after God created Adam and Eve, He granted them with freewill and expected to be served and sought after by them, but the thing was not working. God would have to search for them and that was not the right method. They would have to become proficient and leave the Garden in order to seek for God in terms of growing in knowledge out in the greater world.

Then, among the many fruit trees in the Garden, God planted a most beautiful of all the trees with fruits much more alluring, and right in the middle of the Garden, so that it would easily call their attention. It was the tree of knowledge. But it was not working. Then, God told them that the fruit of that tree was forbidden under penalty of death, but just in the hope that the warning would make them curious and go for it. It was not working either.

Nex, God doubled in Eve the emotion of curiosity so that she would go for it and entice Adam into eating of that tree. However, God had underestimated Eve's emotion of love. She had fallen in love with her man and she would never risk loosing him for no stupid fruit even if it looked the most appetitizing of all. Obviously, it didn't work.

The next step was to use the services of the serpent to persuade Eve that she had misunderstood the prohibition. That what would die in them was not themselves but their stupid innocence and naivete. Then, the serpent showed up on the very tree and somehow called for Eve's attention. As she approached, the dialogue started. To instigate the conversation, the serpent started with a question which surely would require an explanation. "Is it that you guys cannot eat from the trees in the Garden?" Bingo! Eve was locked in. The serpent got Eve to talk by explaining that only from the tree of knowledge, they were forbidden. "Why?" the serpent retortted. "Because we would die," she said. "Nonsense!" said the serpent. "You have misunderstood the whole thing. God meant to say that you two will become like gods, knowing good from evil." Without much ado, Eve reached for the fruit, ate it and told Adam that it was okay. Adam thought for a second and came to the conclusion that even if it was not okay, he would rather die with her beloved who had just enjoyed half of a fruit. Then he ate the other half and went on eating more. The serpent was right. They did not die. And the first knowledge they acquired was of how much they did not know. I mean, that they were naked, completely destitute of knowledge.

It didn't take too long for God to appear in the Garden to collect the fruit of His enterprise. It had finally happened what He wanted without His having to do anything against man's freewill. Then, He formally defined some punishments to everyone according to their nature anyway, and got them out of the Garden into the greater world out there, so that they would grow in knowledge by seeking for God, which would be the right method.

Now, the third phase or Reality, the account of Creation is supposed to point to. I mean, the Humanistic approach, which is the purpose of the double allegory. The riddle points to the three phases in the development of man: Childhood, adulthood, and old age. Here, only the enlightened with Philosophical training dwells. I mean, the Theist who is big enough not to let him or herself be intoxicated by blind faith. In this class we can find also Atheists and Agnostics but under the subclass of sarchasm for not being able to harmonize enlightenment with the conception of God free of anthropomorphism.

Childhood is understood by that phase in the Garden when God would have to provide man with everything. That's the phase when we are dependent on our parents or on others for all our needs. That's the phase of walking on our four legs.

Adulthood is applied to that time when man ate of the tree of knowledge and became conscious of himself. That's when we actually become an adult and responsible for our own actions. I mean, when we can stand on our own two legs, so to speak.

Regarding the phase of old age, the allegory of Creation does not go into details, but it's when we become dependent again on others, especailly our children to take
care of us. I mean, the phase of walking on two legs and a cane.

Ben