• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHERE IS THE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS GOD'S 4th COMMANDMENT IS ABOLISHED?

3rdAngel

Again with the sermon on faith instead of the verses that state scripture only.
So that is a no then. You are cannot answer the question based on the scriptures I provided to you earlier can you. Just be honest and say so. There is no scripture that says we are saved by faith and something else. It does not exist. Let me answer it for you if you cannot. I asked you that question to show that the scriptures teach that we only have Gods salvation as we choose to believe and obey what Gods Word says. That is what Ephesians 2:8 and Romans 10:17 are saying. "We are saved by Gods grace THROUGH FAITH" and this faith comes by THE WORD OF GOD.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
No. God has not denied us His power to understand His Word. see John 14:26 and John 16:13. It seems you do not know Gods Word or the scriptures do you.
From YOUR post #1335:

You cannot see this because you reject Jesus as your Messiah.​
So Gods Word is hidden from you because of your unbelief.​
So then God has not denied nonbelievers the ability to understand scripture, right?
Or did he as you have said in post #1335?

McBell

It is not avoiding anything by answering questions with scripture or asking questions based on the scriptures to help others to understand that their reasoning might be in error and in disagreement with scripture. This is a scripture discussion forum. Do you want to discuss scripture or have a go at addressing the OP?
I would really like for you to provide the verses that state scripture only instead of you repeating the same faith sermon.

3rdAngel

From YOUR post #1335:

You cannot see this because you reject Jesus as your Messiah.​
So Gods Word is hidden from you because of your unbelief.​
So then God has not denied nonbelievers the ability to understand scripture, right?
Or did he as you have said in post #1335?
You missed it didn't you. God does not give His Spirit to those who so not believe and obey His Words and reject the Messiah in Christ (see John 3:36 and compare Acts 5:32

McBell

So that is a no then. You are cannot answer the question based on the scriptures I provided to you earlier can you. Just be honest and say so. There is no scripture that says we are saved by faith and something else. It does not exist. Let me answer it for you if you cannot. I asked you that question to show that the scriptures teach that we only have Gods salvation as we choose to believe and obey what Gods Word says. That is what Ephesians 2:8 and Romans 10:17 are saying. "We are saved by Gods grace THROUGH FAITH" and this faith comes by THE WORD OF GOD.
You answer my question and I will answer yours.

I mean, it is only fair that you answer first since I asked first....

3rdAngel

I would really like for you to provide the verses that state scripture only instead of you repeating the same faith sermon.
Posted you just choose not to believe them. There is no scripture that says we are saved by faith and something else. It does not exist. Let me answer it for you if you cannot. I asked you that question to show that the scriptures teach that we only have Gods salvation as we choose to believe and obey what Gods Word says. That is what Ephesians 2:8 and Romans 10:17 are saying. "We are saved by Gods grace THROUGH FAITH" and this faith comes by THE WORD OF GOD.

3rdAngel

You answer my question and I will answer yours.

I mean, it is only fair that you answer first since I asked first....
I did already answer your question but you cannot answer mine. Its ok I already answered the question I asked you for you.

McBell

You missed it didn't you. God does not give His Spirit to those who so not believe and obey His Words and reject the Messiah in Christ (see John 3:36 and compare Acts 5:32
You are not very good at back peddling.

McBell

Posted you just choose not to believe them. There is no scripture that says we are saved by faith and something else. It does not exist. Let me answer it for you if you cannot. I asked you that question to show that the scriptures teach that we only have Gods salvation as we choose to believe and obey what Gods Word says. That is what Ephesians 2:8 and Romans 10:17 are saying. "We are saved by Gods grace THROUGH FAITH" and this faith comes by THE WORD OF GOD.
Still on that sermon?

Are you going to ever present the verses that state scripture only?

McBell

I did already answer your question but you cannot answer mine. Its ok I already answered the question I asked you for you.
Really?
What post did you actually present the verses that state scripture only?

All I have seen is your repeatedly presenting a sermon about faith.

3rdAngel

Really? What post did you actually present the verses that state scripture only?
Many posts you choose to ignore them. Go find them yourself. Here let me get you started... Compare Ephesians 2:8 and Romans 10:17; Matthew 4:4; John 3:36; 2 Timothy 3:16; John 17:17
All I have seen is your repeatedly presenting a sermon about faith.
Faith comes from the Word of God Romans 10:17

McBell

Many posts you choose to ignore them. Go find them yourself. Here let me get you started... Compare Ephesians 2:8 and Romans 10:17; Matthew 4:4; John 3:36; 2 Timothy 3:16; John 17:17

Faith comes from the Word of God Romans 10:17
Except we are supposed to looking at verses that state scripture only...

Why you are stuck on your faith sermon instead of presenting the verses that state scripture only is any ones guess.

Though I strongly suspect you have no verses that state scripture only and are making a sad attempt at distracting from it.

3rdAngel

Except we are supposed to looking at verses that state scripture only...

Why you are stuck on your faith sermon instead of presenting the verses that state scripture only is any ones guess.

Though I strongly suspect you have no verses that state scripture only and are making a sad attempt at distracting from it.
Which is why I posted scripture showing that we are not saved outside of believing and obeying what Gods Word says. You are the one distracting and unable to answer the questions asked of you based on Ephesians 2:8 and Romans 10:17 that proves there is no salvation outside of faith in Gods Word.

Last edited:

McBell

Which is why I posted scripture showing that we are not saved outside of believing and obeying what Gods Word says.
AND says absolutely nothing about scripture only...

You are the one distracting and unable to answer the questions asked of you based on Ephesians 2:8 and Romans 10:17 that proves there is no salvation outside of faith in Gods Word.
I have already flat out told you I will not be answering any of your questions until you present the verses that state scripture only.
I mean, i did ask first, so i should be answered first.

3rdAngel

You already provided a verse saying "bible only?" You deceive only yourself.
Nope it if you who are deceived because you do not believe the scriptures already provided that prove we only have Gods salvation by believing and obeying what Gods Word says or that Jesus is Gods Messiah. As posted earlier I have already provided scriptures stating that our salvation is only through faith in Gods Word (scripture) see Ephesians 2:8 and compare Romans 10:17. See also Matthew 4:4; 2 Timothy 3:16; John 17:17. There is nothing in the scriptures anywhere that teaches that we receive Gods salvation by faith in Gods Word and something else. If you disagree please post scripture if you cannot why make claims you cannot prove?

Last edited: