• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHERE IS THE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS GOD'S 4th COMMANDMENT IS ABOLISHED?

Redemptionsong

No and here is why. There is a difference between a literal Priest of the old covenant that works for God and Gods people being a Royal Priesthood giving spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God.
  • 1 Peter 2:9-10 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; for you once were not a people, but now you are the people of God; you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.
Context...
  • 1 Peter 2:5 you also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
No one is a part of Gods Royal Priesthood giving acceptable sacrifices to God by breaking Gods commandments. John in 1 John 3:6-10 call these people the children of the devil according to the scriptures.

Take Care.
I believe you have fallen into legalism.

In John 5:17,18, it says, 'But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and l work.
Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.'

Had Jesus broken man's weekly sabbath law? It would appear as if he had. Yet, if one looks to God's week, rather than man's week, we can see that Jesus was still doing the work of God.

By attaching yourself to man's week, rather than God's week, you have taken up religion, and legalism, rather than the Gospel of grace.

When you rest and worship on the sabbath, do you always manage to rest the whole twenty-four hours? Do you follow the precepts as to what constitutes rest and work?

Colt

Hey guys

Just wondering where is the scripture that says Gods 4th commandment seventh day Sabbath has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus?

May God bless you as you seek to know Him through His Word.
In the original Gospel of the Kingdom, the religion of Jesus, every day is a holy day!

3rdAngel

In the original Gospel of the Kingdom, the religion of Jesus, every day is a holy day!
There is no scripture that says everyday is a Holy day just the same as there is no scripture that says that Gods 4th commandment, seventh day Sabbath has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus. The scriptures on the other hand say that "the seventh day" is the Sabbath of the Lord your God in Exodus 20:8-11 and that God blessed and made a holy "the seventh day" as a memorial of creation that He made for mankind (Mark 2:27) and commands us to keep as a holy day of rest as one of God's 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken *Romans 3:20.

Take Care.

Last edited:

2ndpillar

I believe what Gods Word says. Unbelief is sin according to the scriptures (Romans 14:23).
Well, quoting the false prophet Paul is not the best path to Truth. "Sin" by definition is transgression of the Law. Not abiding in the message of Yeshua is simply a good way to "fall" (Isaiah 22:25 & Matthew 7:13) and walk into "destruction".

3rdAngel

I believe you have fallen into legalism.

In John 5:17,18, it says, 'But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and l work.
Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.'

Had Jesus broken man's weekly sabbath law? It would appear as if he had. Yet, if one looks to God's week, rather than man's week, we can see that Jesus was still doing the work of God.

By attaching yourself to man's week, rather than God's week, you have taken up religion, and legalism, rather than the Gospel of grace.

When you rest and worship on the sabbath, do you always manage to rest the whole twenty-four hours? Do you follow the precepts as to what constitutes rest and work?
It is not legalism to believe and obey Gods Word from the heart in someone that has been born again into Gods new covenant promise to walk in His Spirit *John 3:3-7; 1 John 3:4-9; Galatians 5:16; Romans 3:31. Lets be honest dear friend, no one has ever said to you anywhere in this forum that we are saved by keeping the law (legalism) and no one believes that we are saved by keeping the law. Why? Because according to the scriptures we have all sinned and broken Gods law and stand guilty before God of sin and death *Romans 3:8-20. According to the scriptures we are saved by Gods grace through faith and it is a gift of God and not of works lest any man should boast *Ephesians 2:8-9. Genuine faith however believes and obeys Gods Word and obeys Gods law according to Paul in Romans 3:31. No one therefore can claim to have genuine faith if they do not believe and obey what Gods Word says. James also agreeing with Paul, says if we say we believe God but do no do what Gods Word says than all we have is the dead faith of devils in James 2:13-26. John also agrees with Paul and James when he gives us a test to help us to know if we know God or not in 1 John 2:3-4 when he says "And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." So if we claim to know God but do no keep Gods commandments the scriptures state that we do not know God and are lying to ourselves and others having the dead faith of devils James talks about in James 2:13-26. These words are also in agreement with Jesus who also agrees with both James and John when he says in Matthew 7:21-23 "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. No one can claim to know God if they do not do what Gods Word says. Those who do not keep Gods commandments are the children of the devil according to John in John 3:6-10. You do err not knowing the scriptures (check the scripture references for everything that has been shared with you here dear friend. Our salvation depends on us believing and obeying what Gods Word says. According to the scriptures disobedience to Gods Word is the very definition of sin (1 John 3:4; Romans 14:23).

Take Care

Last edited:

Colt

There is no scripture that says everyday is a Holy day just the same as there is no scripture that says that Gods 4th commandment, seventh day Sabbath has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus. The scriptures on the other hand say that "the seventh day" is the Sabbath of the Lord your God in Exodus 20:8-11 and that God blessed and made a holy "the seventh day" as a memorial of creation that He made for mankind (Mark 2:27) and commands us to keep as a holy day of rest as one of God's 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken *Romans 3:20.

Take Care.
Sin is deliberate disloyalty to the Father. Each day is a day that we are supposed to be dedicated to doing the will of God, hence every day is a holy day weather you like it or not. The man-made religion of Judaism had replaced and overcomplicated the personal relationship between the believer and God. Jesus liberated believers from the yoke of religious ritualism, that's why the religious authorities hated Jesus.

The Bible books say many contradictory things because they contain conflicting teachings and ideas.

3rdAngel

Well, quoting the false prophet Paul is not the best path to Truth. "Sin" by definition is transgression of the Law. Not abiding in the message of Yeshua is simply a good way to "fall" (Isaiah 22:25 & Matthew 7:13) and walk into "destruction".
Please forgive me but I do not believe your false claims and allegations. I prefer what the scriptures teach.

Take Care.

3rdAngel

Sin is deliberate disloyalty to the Father. Each day is a day that we are supposed to be dedicated to doing the will of God, hence every day is a holy day weather you like it or not. The man-made religion of Judaism had replaced and overcomplicated the personal relationship between the believer and God. Jesus liberated believers from the yoke of religious ritualism, that's why the religious authorities hated Jesus.

The Bible books say many contradictory things because they contain conflicting teachings and ideas.
Sin is defined in the scriptures as breaking any one of Gods 10 commandments (Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4 and James 2:10-11) and not believing and obeying what Gods Word says in Romans 14:23 and Hebrews 11:6. According to the scriptures, those who do not believe and do not obey what Gods Word says are not doing the will of the father and do not know God *see 1 John 2:3-4 but have the dead faith of devils according to James in James 2:13-26. John says they are doing the will of their father the devil in 1 John 3:6-10. As posted earlier, there is no scripture that says everyday is a Holy day just the same as there is no scripture that says that Gods 4th commandment, seventh day Sabbath has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus. The scriptures on the other hand say that "the seventh day" is the Sabbath of the Lord your God in Exodus 20:8-11 and that God blessed and made holy "the seventh day" of the week, as a memorial of creation that He made for mankind (Mark 2:27) and commands us to keep as a holy day of rest as one of God's 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken *Romans 3:20. Sin will keep all those who practice it out of Gods kingdom according to Jesus in Matthew 7:21-23 and Hebrews 10:26-31. It is your understanding of the bible therefore that is contradictory and conflicting to what is written there.

Take Care.

Colt

Sin is defined in the scriptures as breaking any one of Gods 10 commandments (Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4 and James 2:10-11) and not believing and obeying what Gods Word says in Romans 14:23 and Hebrews 11:6. According to the scriptures, those who do not believe and do not obey what Gods Word says are not doing the will of the father and do not know God *see 1 John 2:3-4 but have the dead faith of devils according to James in James 2:13-26. John says they are doing the will of their father the devil in 1 John 3:6-10. As posted earlier, there is no scripture that says everyday is a Holy day just the same as there is no scripture that says that Gods 4th commandment, seventh day Sabbath has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus. The scriptures on the other hand say that "the seventh day" is the Sabbath of the Lord your God in Exodus 20:8-11 and that God blessed and made holy "the seventh day" of the week, as a memorial of creation that He made for mankind (Mark 2:27) and commands us to keep as a holy day of rest as one of God's 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken *Romans 3:20. Sin will keep all those who practice it out of Gods kingdom according to Jesus in Matthew 7:21-23 and Hebrews 10:26-31. It is your understanding of the bible therefore that is contradictory and conflicting to what is written there.

Take Care.
Ezekiel 36:27-29 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Gods Word is his will in the heart of the believer. One can be very religious but have no connection with God. The written word is human and fallible which leads to biblical idolatry; book worship.

2ndpillar

Please forgive me but I do not believe your false claims and allegations. I prefer what the scriptures teach.

Take Care.
Your idea of "scripture" was determined in 367 A.D. by a bishop of the Roman Catholic persuasion, Athanasius, who was not a man of character, and certainly could not be deemed "holy", and who sat at the Council of Nicaea with the "beast with two horns like a lamb", the Roman emperor Constantine. I don't know, but that does not sound like a good starting point. The one making the false prophecy, is the false prophet Paul, when he informed his listeners that, "we shall not all sleep/die", yet here we are today, they are all dead, and according to the "Word of God" Jeremiah 31:30, "everyone will die for his own iniquities". Either the "Word of God" is false, or your false apostle Paul (Rev 2:2), is a "false prophet", and everyone will die. The fact that you live with the plagues of Egypt/nations, is a determination that you remain in your sins, and have not come out of "her" (Revelation 18:4). You might want to ask yourself, "why"? I am sure you have a twisted answer, but none the less, you remain destined to die, as well as "everyone".

Muffled

Jesus in me
Well, I seriously hope I do not go to Heaven. That looks terribly boring. I find one hour boredom excruciating, the closest I experience as eternity, soimagine billions ans billions of years thereof. Nope. Hell, anytime.

ciao

- viole
I believe Hell is boring because it is just fire. If you dream dreams that seem real then that is what Heaven is like only missing the evil.

Redemptionsong

It is not legalism to believe and obey Gods Word from the heart in someone that has been born again into Gods new covenant promise to walk in His Spirit *John 3:3-7; 1 John 3:4-9; Galatians 5:16; Romans 3:31. Lets be honest dear friend, no one has ever said to you anywhere in this forum that we are saved by keeping the law (legalism) and no one believes that we are saved by keeping the law. Why? Because according to the scriptures we have all sinned and broken Gods law and stand guilty before God of sin and death *Romans 3:8-20. According to the scriptures we are saved by Gods grace through faith and it is a gift of God and not of works lest any man should boast *Ephesians 2:8-9. Genuine faith however believes and obeys Gods Word and obeys Gods law according to Paul in Romans 3:31. No one therefore can claim to have genuine faith if they do not believe and obey what Gods Word says. James also agreeing with Paul, says if we say we believe God but do no do what Gods Word says than all we have is the dead faith of devils in James 2:13-26. John also agrees with Paul and James when he gives us a test to help us to know if we know God or not in 1 John 2:3-4 when he says "And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." So if we claim to know God but do no keep Gods commandments the scriptures state that we do not know God and are lying to ourselves and others having the dead faith of devils James talks about in James 2:13-26. These words are also in agreement with Jesus who also agrees with both James and John when he says in Matthew 7:21-23 "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. No one can claim to know God if they do not do what Gods Word says. Those who do not keep Gods commandments are the children of the devil according to John in John 3:6-10. You do err not knowing the scriptures (check the scripture references for everything that has been shared with you here dear friend. Our salvation depends on us believing and obeying what Gods Word says. According to the scriptures disobedience to Gods Word is the very definition of sin (1 John 3:4; Romans 14:23).

Take Care
There's ambiguity in what you say because obedience to God's Word should really be understood to mean obedience to Christ through faith in His righteousness and love. But what you are suggesting is the obedience to God's word is obedience to the letter of the law, not the Spirit of Christ.

Do you believe Jesus broke man's weekly sabbath?

3rdAngel

Your idea of "scripture" was determined in 367 A.D. by a bishop of the Roman Catholic persuasion, Athanasius, who was not a man of character, and certainly could not be deemed "holy", and who sat at the Council of Nicaea with the "beast with two horns like a lamb", the Roman emperor Constantine. I don't know, but that does not sound like a good starting point. The one making the false prophecy, is the false prophet Paul, when he informed his listeners that, "we shall not all sleep/die", yet here we are today, they are all dead, and according to the "Word of God" Jeremiah 31:30, "everyone will die for his own iniquities". Either the "Word of God" is false, or your false apostle Paul (Rev 2:2), is a "false prophet", and everyone will die. The fact that you live with the plagues of Egypt/nations, is a determination that you remain in your sins, and have not come out of "her" (Revelation 18:4). You might want to ask yourself, "why"? I am sure you have a twisted answer, but none the less, you remain destined to die, as well as "everyone".
I am sorry that is not my idea at all. You are welcome to ask if you do not know what I think.

3rdAngel

There's ambiguity in what you say because obedience to God's Word should really be understood to mean obedience to Christ through faith in His righteousness and love. But what you are suggesting is the obedience to God's word is obedience to the letter of the law, not the Spirit of Christ.

Do you believe Jesus broke man's weekly sabbath?
There is no ambiguity in scripture and I have only shared scripture with you here and asked for scriptures in this OP. Obedience to Gods Word is simply the fruit of someone that has genuine faith in Gods Word. Jesus did not brake any of Gods commandments or we would all be lost in our sins (Romans 6:23). Jesus came to teach us that it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath to to clear up the false teachings of the Scribes and Pharisees who thought man was made for the Sabbath. Jesus corrected them in Mark 2:27-28 be teaching them that the Sabbath was made for mankind and he was the Lord of the Sabbath and that it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath *Matthew 12:1-12. According to the Scribes and the Pharisees, Jesus was breaking the Sabbath but he was the maker and creator of it.

Take care.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Ezekiel 36:27-29 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Gods Word is his will in the heart of the believer. One can be very religious but have no connection with God. The written word is human and fallible which leads to biblical idolatry; book worship.
Which is a part of Gods new covenant promise in Jeremiah 31:31-34 repeated in the new testament in Hebrews 8:10-12. This is what Jesus is talking about when he tells us unless a man in born again he cannot enter into the kingdom of Heaven in John 3:3-7. According to John in 1 John 3:4-9 those who are born again do not break Gods commandments they obey them from the heart through faith and love (see 1 John 5:2-4). It is the written Words of God that lead us to have faith to believe and obey what Gods Word says from the heart (Romans 10:17; Ephesians 2:8-9) to love and according to Jesus love is not separate from Gods law. Love is expressed in obeying what Gods Word says (see Matthew 22:36-40; Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-12 and 1 John 5-2-4). You do err not knowing the scriptures. If you would like some helpful bible studies please feel free to DM me. Receive Gods correction and be blessed. Ignoring Gods Words do not make them disappear. The words of God we accept or reject will become our judge come judgement day according to Jesus in John 12:47-48.

Take Care.

Colt

Which is a part of Gods new covenant promise in Jeremiah 31:31-34 repeated in the new testament in Hebrews 8:10-12. This is what Jesus is talking about when he tells us unless a man in born again he cannot enter into the kingdom of Heaven in John 3:3-7. According to John in 1 John 3:4-9 those who are born again do not break Gods commandments they obey them from the heart through faith and love (see 1 John 5:2-4). It is the written Words of God that lead us to have faith to believe and obey what Gods Word says from the heart (Romans 10:17; Ephesians 2:8-9) to love and according to Jesus love is not separate from Gods law. Love is expressed in obeying what Gods Word says (see Matthew 22:36-40; Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-12 and 1 John 5-2-4). You do err not knowing the scriptures. If you would like some helpful bible studies please feel free to DM me. Receive Gods correction and be blessed. Ignoring Gods Words do not make them disappear. The words of God we accept or reject will become our judge come judgement day according to Jesus in John 12:47-48.

Take Care.
Do you still obey ALL of the OT laws? Why focus on Saturday Sabath but ignore all the other laws of Judaism???

3rdAngel

Do you still obey ALL of the OT laws? Why focus on Saturday Sabath but ignore all the other laws of Judaism???
According to the new covenant scriptures, the purpose of Gods 10 commandments is to give us the knowledge of good (moral right doing when obeyed) and evil (moral wrong doing when disobeyed); sin (moral wrong doing when disobeyed) and righteousness (moral right doing when obeyed) *see Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4 and Psalms 119:172. According to James if we break anyone of them we stand guilty before God of breaking them all in James 2:10-11. John says in 1 John 2:3-4 that the test to know if we truly know God is if we obey Gods commandments. Therefore disobeying Gods law is only a sign that we do not know God and are not telling the truth. Gods 10 commandments being the standard of good and evil; sin and righteousness of course are not the same as Gods shadow laws of atonement and sin offerings, circumcision and annual feast days, pointing to Jesus as Gods promised Messiah. These shadow laws under the old covenant's earthly Sanctuary, Levitical Priesthood and its laws of animal sacrifices and sin offerings for atonement, circumcision and annual feast days in the new covenant are now fulfilled and continued in Christ to who they all pointed to in the new covenant (see Hebrews 7:1-25; Hebrews 8:1-13; Hebrews 9:1-27 and Hebrews 10:1-22). If you would like some helpful bible studies please feel free to DM me.

Take care.

Last edited:

2ndpillar

I am sorry that is not my idea at all. You are welcome to ask if you do not know what I think.
The generally accepted NT canon came from Athanasius, in 367 A.D. The prior 50 bibles published by Constantine, have been lost except for a referral to a chapter that is not in the current canon. What you "think" is probably the basis of your errors. Your Paul, is a "shepherd" (Zech 11:7-10) of the Gentile church, which will only last for "many days", until the sons of Israel "return" (Hosea 3).

King James Bible Hosea 3:5
Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the LORD their God, and David their king; and shall fear the LORD and his goodness in the latter days.

Redemptionsong

There is no ambiguity in scripture and I have only shared scripture with you here and asked for scriptures in this OP. Obedience to Gods Word is simply the fruit of someone that has genuine faith in Gods Word. Jesus did not brake any of Gods commandments or we would all be lost in our sins (Romans 6:23). Jesus came to teach us that it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath to to clear up the false teachings of the Scribes and Pharisees who thought man was made for the Sabbath. Jesus corrected them in Mark 2:27-28 be teaching them that the Sabbath was made for mankind and he was the Lord of the Sabbath and that it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath *Matthew 12:1-12. According to the Scribes and the Pharisees, Jesus was breaking the Sabbath but he was the maker and creator of it.

Take care.
There clearly is ambiguity in scripture, and l understand that God intended it to be that way! Why else would so many Jews not be able to see Christ in prophecy?

Tell me, do you think Abraham kept the weekly sabbath?