• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where is the proof ?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
It didn't seem like it was that unexplainable when you were explaining it. I note that you've only taken this tack now that it's become clear that your explanation failed to convince.

It was never a matter of convincing you as I said that it’s really a very subjective thing that can’t be proven or disproven on a forum but only by oneself. But I laid out in words however inadequate what I believe in and respect you see it otherwise.

lukethethird

unknown member
We don't ask for "proof", we ask for evidence, an even lower bar to pass and yet no reliable evidence for a God is forthcoming.
Inquiring of evidence for a faith based belief, what is that, a form of self abuse? I mean, why not just beat yourself over the head and be done with it?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Inquiring of evidence for a faith based belief, what is that, a form of self abuse? I mean, why not just beat yourself over the head and be done with it?

But so many theists of all ilks claim that their belief is rational. If that is the case they should be able to provide evidence. I am not holding my breath.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Fair enough. But I don’t think you should believe me or anyone but conduct your own independent independent investigation for yourself so only using your own mind arrive at your own conclusions. The best I can hope to do is point to the source of my beliefs and then you look at it with your own mind and eyes and see whether or not you think there’s any truth in it.

That's all neat and dandy, but this is not how we find out what is true and what is false.
My point exactly.

If things can be "true for you" while other things are "true for me", then I feel like one is raping the word "true" and what it means.

It sounds like what you call "true" at that point, is just some opinion based on nothing (nothing objective, anyway)

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
The only thing I think you can do is read what They say and study Their lives for yourself and decide for yourself.

First of all, I don't really see what the life they lead has to do with the validity of the claims they made.

Either they lived what they preached, which would just mean that their behaviour was consistent with their beliefs (not that their beliefs are true).

Or they didn't live what they preached at which point they would be hypocrites (and it still wouldn't mean that their beliefs / claims are true or false).

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Well when you’re asleep and you’re not making any conscious effort to do anything how is it you can travel and speak and all sorts of things without your body participating?

When you are asleep, you are asleep. That means that you aren't traveling and speaking and all sorts of things.

It's called dreaming. It plays out in your brain and imagination.

You might laugh but there is something else in us apart from the body and it becomes active when we’re asleep.

You continue to claim this, but fail to provide any evidence.

For you it may not be proof but there’s something more to it than just a rewinding of events already taken place.

I've dreamed lots of things that never happened and never will happen.
Where do you get that "rewinding of events" bit from?

And dreams are evidence of dreams.

Another thing. When ‘we’ consult ‘ourselves’ there is a questioner and an answered.

So when a person is a schizofrenic and is hearing voices in his head, does that mean that there are additional souls in his brain?

:rolleyes: