• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where Do You Live?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Now, this isn't a request for personal information(please don't list any personal information). But, we all live somewhere. Where do you live?

An apartment? An old farmhouse? What style of house? What kind of city? Is the neighborhood aloof, or friendly?

Let us know all about the place you're living now!

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
images

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
In France, department 24, in the area known as the black Perigord. An old (built around 1820) stone village house, from the front it looks a tiny 2 up, 2 down sort of thing, but it goes back a way to house 5 bedrooms.
The village is quite conservative, some of the residents earn their living from the tourist trade, a few work in the two (fairly) close towns, most are retired. Very busy during the tourist season, deathly quiet in winter. With a population of just over 500 (including outlying hamlets) we increased that population by 1% when we moved here. It's friendly so we fit in quite well.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
This is my house before we bought it:
c49f965ea865367275c3d2ac499ec431-cc_ft_960.jpg
Its changed a lot. Its pink and orange now. The yew has been cut down for safety reasons, and there's a tier fountain and lilac bush instead. My husband's torn out the grass and plants stuff(mostly hostas). There's a little bench and stepping stones. The boards are gone and have been replaced with limestone. There's a window in the attic now, and a bay window off the one side upstairs.

The house with the black shutters next door is the one that got the squatters. Its in bad shape. The house on the other side has been turned into an apartment complex(three apartments in it).

Six-Corners-Waterloo.jpg
This is about a block away; normally, this intersection is super busy. Church on one side, offices across the street. There was a gas station, but it closed. There's a liquor store not pictured.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
In France, department 24, in the area known as the black Perigord. An old (built around 1820) stone village house, from the front it looks a tiny 2 up, 2 down sort of thing, but it goes back a way to house 5 bedrooms.
The village is quite conservative, some of the residents earn their living from the tourist trade, a few work in the two (fairly) close towns, most are retired. Very busy during the tourist season, deathly quiet in winter. With a population of just over 500 (including outlying hamlets) we increased that population by 1% when we moved here. It's friendly so we fit in quite well.
Where you are seems like a lovely place...