• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where did all the Muslims, in RFs, go?!

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Your post 264 followed by your post 271. So you go ahead and report it. I will report you for lying about me and I will send them these quotes below.
OK. It's confirmed. You're wrong dude.

You brought up dawkins in post 253, before I ever mentioned the guy.

Get it?

You made another BS assertion about me, asking about guilt by association in post 253. I was trying to figure out what you were talking about that in post 264 and post 271.

You are absolutely 100% wrong this.

253 ( your post ) resulted in my questions about Dawkins.

You started this whole bizarre thing with Dawkins. I still don't know anything about the person, and I certainly did not bring his name up in this discussion.

Are you ready to acknowledge this? please, you brought up Dawkins, I did not. and I still don;t see how you could get guilt by association from anything I said. Are you thinking of some other RF'er? Or were you just temporarily insane?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Was the Christchurch madman a follower of an ancient yet current ideology?
Maybe. I'd have to review what is known about him to be sure.

But just curious, do you deny the similarities, or are you just being provocative?

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Then let’s call them Muslimphobic, so that the emphasis remains on people and not on ideas, which can and should be subject to scrutiny

I get your point, but I am not sure it is necessary. If you are simply arguing ideas and ideals, that isn't Islamophobic. It is irrationally connecting those who follow Islam to terrorism or violence that becomes the issue. I get the idea of differentiating between the ideals and the people, but honestly, someone who is scared of Muslims irrationally is focusing on their faith--Islam.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I am not irrationally scared of Muslims but being a non-Muslim I am rationally scared of the Islamic ideology and I admit it. I would be even more scared if I was Jewish or homosexual.

I am scared of other ideals as well. But I understand that the majority of Muslims where I live are about as dangerous or less so than some of the Christian groups, whose ideals can also lead to violence.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Are there any other mainstream cults with a written constitution as draconian as the Islamic ideology?

Not sure, but I do know that Evangelical Christians and other conservative Christian groups in America would create a society likely as Draconian as any Muslim country given the chance.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I am not irrationally scared of Muslims but being a non-Muslim I am rationally scared of the Islamic ideology and I admit it. I would be even more scared if I was Jewish or homosexual.
I find this very hard to believe.

What are you afraid of? What is it that is going to happen to you? Are you afraid of actual physical harm? What are the odds of you actually being harmed by Muslims? Is it more or less than being injured in an automobile accident?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
@Notanumber , you have a much higher chance ( 10 times greater ) of being hit by lightning than being harmed by a terrorist.

"Over the last decade, the annual chance of being murdered in a terrorist attack on British soil was about 1 in 11.4 million"

The Chance of Being Murdered or Injured in a Terrorist Attack in the United Kingdom

upload_2019-12-28_2-35-0.png

Last edited:

Notanumber

A Free Man
What is it that makes Islam so deserving of a special status?

Is it purely because it calls itself a religion?

If so, are there any other mainstream religions based on similar draconian ideologies?

Last edited by a moderator:

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
What is it that makes Islam so deserving of a special status?

Is it purely because it calls itself a religion?

If so, are there any other mainstream religions based on similar draconian ideologies?

What do you mean by "special status"?

Do you not think that Christianity has Draconian ideology and has a history of politicizing these ideals?

Last edited by a moderator:

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Most western leaders seem to embrace the anti western Islamic ideology.

How and when did Islam attain that position?

I suspect this has always been the case in some form or another since the Crusades. Folks struggle with accepting foreign cultures.

Just came across another case of Christian ideology leaning towards draconian politics:

'"But back in his home district, Mr. Shea also began attracting the attention of law enforcement for his growing embrace of fringe ideologies and conspiracy theories. He networked with local militia groups, talked about plans to create a 51st state called Liberty and distributed to his closest followers a “Biblical Basis for War” document that calls for the “surrender” of those who favor abortion rights, same-sex marriage, “idolatry” and communism. “If they do not yield — kill all males,” it said.'

G.O.P. Lawmaker Had Visions of a Christian Alternative Government

Notanumber

A Free Man
I suspect this has always been the case in some form or another since the Crusades. Folks struggle with accepting foreign cultures.

Just came across another case of Christian ideology leaning towards draconian politics:

'"But back in his home district, Mr. Shea also began attracting the attention of law enforcement for his growing embrace of fringe ideologies and conspiracy theories. He networked with local militia groups, talked about plans to create a 51st state called Liberty and distributed to his closest followers a “Biblical Basis for War” document that calls for the “surrender” of those who favor abortion rights, same-sex marriage, “idolatry” and communism. “If they do not yield — kill all males,” it said.'

G.O.P. Lawmaker Had Visions of a Christian Alternative Government

Islam seems to have slipped through the net.