• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When's the last time you went fishing?

Cooky

Veteran Member
Last time I went was in Wyoming about 10 or 12 years ago by the Green River, which was frozen over. I caught about 6 rainbow trout. Ice fishing is fun, but ideally, I'd like to take a canoe down a quiet river in the woods.

Anyone fish here.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Never been. Never want to, i can get bored at home and stay warm and comfortable at the same tims

ChristineM

Premium Member
One of the best parts of fishing, IMO, is being in nature. And then getting free food to take home..? It's a win/ win. :)

You can be with nature by walking while gathering nuts, mushrooms, edible plants. Seasonal, nature changes all the time.

Fishing... Hopefully getting food to take home.

Cooky

Veteran Member
You can be with nature by walking while gathering nuts, mushrooms, edible plants. Seasonal, nature changes all the time.

I like that too.

Even just walking in the woods is fun. I was just in Lake Arrowhead the other day -in the mountains hiking... There were much better views, but my phone died.

20191023_084401.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Never been. Never want to, i can get bored at home and stay warm and comfortable at the same tims

Maybe you should try hand fishing or "noodling" it's pretty popular around here but not legal everywhere so you might have to check local laws. In the spring the females lay eggs in holes and the males (typically large) hides in those holes to guard the eggs and anything that gets in those holes they camp down on. You scout out a likely place and feel around for holes, if you find one stick your hand in it and they will clamp down and you pull it out. Do not do this alone, some can be pretty big.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I like that too.

Funny, i have the river Ceou just 100 metres from home and the mighty Dordogne river less than 10km away. Excellent trout fishing in both but i only use them for canoeing or walking along the banks!

Fishing just does not appeal to me, perhaps its i woman thing!

ChristineM

Premium Member
Maybe you should try hand fishing or "noodling" it's pretty popular around here but not legal everywhere so you might have to check local laws. In the spring the females lay eggs in holes and the males (typically large) hides in those holes to guard the eggs and anything that gets in those holes they camp down on. You scout out a likely place and feel around for holes, if you find one stick your hand in it and they will clamp down and you pull it out. Do not do this alone, some can be pretty big.

You dont have pike then?

Big-Northern-Pike-Teeth.jpg

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I went to an old river haunt with my father about 25 years back, before he passed, and to reminisce about my childhood there with him and my 3 brothers on Sunday mornings in the fall. We'd take turns listening to the World Series on the truck's ('49 Chevy) radio and reporting the score to the fishermen, as we shared 2 rods amongst the 4 of us. (Dad watched, he didn't take a turn.) That day I caught a very small walleye, and a very small pike, and both were returned to the river.

image002.jpg

Cooky

Veteran Member
Funny, i have the river Ceou just 100 metres from home and the mighty Dordogne river less than 10km away. Excellent trout fishing in both but i only use them for canoeing or walking along the banks!

Fishing just does not appeal to me, perhaps its i woman thing!

Next time I visit France with my wife, we'll have to go on a double date canoeing trip. :)

ChristineM

Premium Member
I went to an old river haunt with my father about 25 years back, before he passed, and to reminisce about my childhood there with him and my 3 brothers on Sunday mornings in the fall. We'd take turns listening to the World Series on the truck's ('49 Chevy) radio and reporting the score to the fishermen, as we shared 2 rods amongst the 4 of us. (Dad watched, he didn't take a turn.) That day I caught a very small walleye, and a very small pike, and both were returned to the river.

image002.jpg

Looks much like my childhood home, spent many happy hours swimming in a river like that

shutterstock_364744382.jpg