• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When's the last time you went fishing?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I forgot to say, the view from Florimont-Gaumier is essentially the same for 360 degrees. The highest point for more than 100km in any direction.

Milton Platt

Last time I went was in Wyoming about 10 or 12 years ago by the Green River, which was frozen over. I caught about 6 rainbow trout. Ice fishing is fun, but ideally, I'd like to take a canoe down a quiet river in the woods.

Anyone fish here.

Day before yesterday...but then, I live on a lake.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Haven't been fishing for years, but I use to do quite a bit of bass hunting. I even fished local tournaments for a year. However, fishing for money is work, not fun, so I gave that up.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Looks much like my childhood home, spent many happy hours swimming in a river like that

So did we. My favorite story about that concerns my elder brother the engineer. Even as a young man, he loved to build things. So he borrowed a few of Dad's tools and took a long 2 by 10 plank and some other lumber to build a higher diving board. So he chopped down some green trees, took spikes and axe, and over about 5 hours on a Sunday afternoon, with assistance and hard work from brothers managed to construct a diving platform, albeit wobbly, high enough and extending out enough to be quite the adventure for jumping, diving through inner-tubes, and that sort of fun summer thing. But then one week it rained, and we didn't go down, as the river muddied up and got faster, making it tough for swimming.

When we finally did go back, brother was dismayed because the platform was leaning forward, and the plank appeared to be ready to slip into the river. Upon further inspection, he saw the obvious teeth marks of beaver on the bottom of the now shortened main front posts. The valley was all ears to the resultant descriptive blue curses about them gnawing rodents.

But then later, he rebuilt it all with the help of an old stovepipe to protect the new green trees from the cursed guys. Metal ain't really for chewing.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Last time I went fishing was with my grandfather when I was about 8 years old. Not quite 50 years ago.

Oh you were just little then...

My wife told me a story about when she was little and her dad took her fishing, apparently she went to cast overhead, and when pulling forward, it got stuck on something...

...All she remembers is her dad screaming "Damn it"! Apparently the hook was snagged on his head. :D:tearsofjoy:

She dies laughing everytime she tells that story. :)

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
The last time ?
That was spring of 1954, February, cold as snot on one's lips !
Sucker fishing in Cuyahoga county.
ALL NIGHT LONG
Hated fish.......then and now

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Last time was August. I have a nice lazy brook that borders my land.
20190806_063431.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
My father was a real fisherman so i went many many times with him. We fished for northern pike, perch, sunfish and bass. But I only went once after he died and that was a long time ago.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Oh you were just little then...

My wife told me a story about when she was little and her dad took her fishing, apparently she went to cast overhead, and when pulling forward, it got stuck on something...

...All she remembers is her dad screaming "Damn it"! Apparently the hook was snagged on his head. :D:tearsofjoy:

She dies laughing everytime she tells that story. :)

My son was practising casting with his grandfather's gear. Somehow he manage to get the barbed hook stuck in his rear end. We ended up a the local hospital. Some freezing, some twisting of metal, 3 stitches later, and he was out.

Cooky

Veteran Member
My son was practising casting with his grandfather's gear. Somehow he manage to get the barbed hook stuck in his rear end. We ended up a the local hospital. Some freezing, some twisting of metal, 3 stitches later, and he was out.

Yikes..!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Could be another reason i im not a fishing person