• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When you dream

Faybull

How is it that you are seeing a dream without the eyes seeing? And how are you seeing anything in a dream without light...Where does the light come from when its dark and the eyelids are shut?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
"Seeing" does not always refer to an ocular phenomena of light entering the eye and striking the back of the retina, producing signals that the brain interprets as images.

It's kind of unfortunate that the English language never developed more precise terms for eyeless sight or other-sight. I see all sorts of terms for it thrown about in the occult literature, but often they'll just use the word "see" and "sight." And then outsiders reading these books think they mean literally seeing instead of other-sight, and it's just annoying and confusing.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
"Seeing" does not always refer to an ocular phenomena of light entering the eye and striking the back of the retina, producing signals that the brain interprets as images.

It's kind of unfortunate that the English language never developed more precise terms for eyeless sight or other-sight. I see all sorts of terms for it thrown about in the occult literature, but often they'll just use the word "see" and "sight." And then outsiders reading these books think they mean literally seeing instead of other-sight, and it's just annoying and confusing.

I see...

Ok, you're allowed to slap me. That was terrible

mainliner

no one can de-borg my fact's ...NO-ONE!!
How is it that you are seeing a dream without the eyes seeing? And how are you seeing anything in a dream without light...Where does the light come from when its dark and the eyelids are shut?
light is an energy you know :) ...... You can get black light which still has energy.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
How are you not eating in your dreams when you are starving in the wilderness?
How is there any colors in your dream when you haven't fallen asleep with a box of crayons?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Very interesting questions.

They can be answered with my suggestion; Everything exists as pure information, and this is how information looks.

Think about Plato's theory of forms. Everything exists as abstract information, and consciousness/awareness of this information sees it and that's how it looks to consciousness.

So there isn't matter in your dreams, or light or anything like that. You are seeing the abstract FORMS of things

mainliner

Very interesting questions.

They can be answered with my suggestion; Everything exists as pure information, and this is how information looks.

Think about Plato's theory of forms. Everything exists as abstract information, and consciousness/awareness of this information sees it and that's how it looks to consciousness.

So there isn't matter in your dreams, or light or anything like that. You are seeing the abstract FORMS of things
i disagree :)
for obvious lucid reasons

mainliner

The abstract forms are in your mind while awake .....the dreams are as solid as now.

mainliner

What are those reasons
if you want something interesting about dreams to read lookup FALSE WAKENINGS.

its when you wake up in a dream and think you've actually woke up!! But your still in a dream and think its a normal day.......you'll have had one defo ........but just thought it was a normal day, there just so erie and quite....but you can see yourself from a far doing normal daily things but you don't know.....very weird

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
if you want something interesting about dreams to read lookup FALSE WAKENINGS.

its when you wake up in a dream and think you've actually woke up!! But your still in a dream and think its a normal day.......you'll have had one defo ........but just thought it was a normal day, there just so erie and quite....but you can see yourself from a far doing normal daily things but you don't know.....very weird
I think the reverse would be more interesting.

Have you ever fell asleep and not remember waking up and your dream lucidly drifts into reality? Are you still dreaming?

Banjankri

Where does the light come from when its dark and the eyelids are shut?
Even if it's bright and your eyes are open, there i no light coming. In both cases, it's an interpretation.
The difference between those two is in the source of information.