• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When was Jesus Christ crucified?

peacecrusader888

@Jayhawker Soule
So you are a Jew, a believer of Judaism. Did you know that the Jews celebrated the fast of Esther in Nisan and not in Adar?

The fast of Esther occurred after the fall of Jerusalem to the Babylonians during the seventh century BC. When Jerusalem fell to the Babylonians, Zechariah in chapter 8 verse 19 mentioned only four fasts as follows:
1. The fast of the fourth month (Tammuz 17, Shiva, ‘Asar be-Tammuz’),
2. The fast of the fifth (Av 9, ‘Tisha be-Av’);
3. The fast of the seventh (Tishri 3, Fast of Gedaliah or ‘Tzom Gedaliahu’); and
4. The fast of the tenth (Tevet 10, ‘Asara be-Tevet’).

The fast of Esther must have been instituted at a later date when the Jews returned from Babylonia after their exile there.

The first century historian Flavius Josephus wrote in Antiquities , Book XVII, Chapter 6, Section 4: “Now it happened, that during the time of the high priesthood of this Matthias, there was another person made high priest for a single day, that very day which the Jews observed as a fast. The occasion was this: This Matthias the high priest, on the night before that day when the fast was to be celebrated, seemed, in a dream, to have conversation with his wife; and because he could not officiate himself on that account, Joseph, the son of Ellemus, his kinsman, assisted him in that sacred office. But Herod deprived this Matthias of the high priesthood, and burnt the other Matthias, who had raised the sedition, with his companions, alive. And that very night there was an eclipse of the moon.”

When does a lunar eclipse occur? It occurs only when the moon is full. The full moon occurs on the 15th of the Jewish month. This full moon occurred in the month of Nisan. And we know that of the four fasts that Zechariah mentioned, nothing occurred in the Jewish month of Nisan and on the 15th. This fast of Esther must be that fast that Josephus was referring to.

The fast of Esther was held before on Nisan 15 (Esther 3:12, 4:16). When the Passover Festival was fixed on Nisan 14-21 during the Jewish reformation of the Jewish calendar in 358/359 AD, the fast of Esther was moved to Adar 13 to be with the associated Feast of Lots or Purim.
Jayhawker Soule may not answer the fast of Esther anymore. He, like other Jews, believe that Jesus is not the promised Messiah and that the Messiah will still come. More than 2000 years have passed and no Messiah yet. They are just waiting and waiting. He had already come and they did not recognize Him. Although they are the builders of the kingdom of God, Jesus told them in Matthew 21:42-44 that He is taking the kingdom of God from them and giving it to a nation. Believe it or not, that nation is the Philippines. The explanation is in http://aristean.org/wp085.htm titled “Taken from the Jews”.

peacecrusader888

Eat fish to remember the death of Jesus

Why do we have to eat fish during the commemoration of the crucifixion, death, and resurrection of Jesus? The spirit of Ama said that this is to remember Jesus Christ. Ichthys is a Greek word meaning fish. It is a Christian symbol “interpreted as an acrostic in which the Greek letters are initials of the words Iesous Christos theou hyios soter meaning Jesus Christ Son of God Savior” (Webster’s Third New International Dictionary).

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
@Pegg
1 BC 08-17 is the date that the spirit of Ama said that Jesus was crucified and died. This is equivalent to 3760 Av 30 in the Jewish calendar. It is that point in time when Jesus was crucified.

Who is the spirit Ama?

For all we know, that spirit is a demon intent on misleading you. Why not base your beliefs on the bible and the writings of the ones Jesus selected to inform us of the events surrounding his death?

peacecrusader888

@Pegg
Who is the spirit of Ama?

Ama is a spirit, a holy spirit, THE Holy Spirit, if you will believe it. Most, if not all, of His listeners, believe that He is Jesus Christ Himself. We (plural) can not see Him, but we can hear Him loud and clear. We record on audio tape our conversations with Him which we call Sessions.

The word “ama” in the Philippine language means “father”. When capitalized, that is, “Ama”, it refers to “God the Father”. We call Him Ama and He calls us His children.

I first heard Him in 1983 when I first went to the Session Hall. I doubted that He is Jesus Christ for eleven years (1983-1994). You may read my aboutface in http://aristean.org/wp113.htm titled “From doubt to belief”.

Although I believed in 1994 that the spirit who we talk to is Jesus Christ, I said in 1999 that if He is wrong in His revelations that Jesus Christ was born on 05-23 and died on 08-17, I would recant my belief in Him and declare Him to be a fraud. I learned these revelations from older listeners in 1983. In my studies from 1999 to 2006 using mainly the Holy Bible, I was able to prove that both of them are true and correct. They reinforced my belief in Him. Who can know these two ancient dates? Only God!

Because I myself have proven them, I am enthusiastic to share what I discovered. As 2 Corinthians 4:13 states, “I believed, and therefore have I spoken.”

After my study in 2003, I still get proofs that Jesus was really crucified in August and not in March or April, in summer and not in spring. The latest was last year, 2014, where I read in John 21:7, “Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved saith unto Peter, It is the Lord. Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he girt his fisher’s coat unto him, (for he was naked,) and did cast himself into the sea.” If it was spring, do you think Simon Peter would be naked at 6 or 7 in the morning and “did cast himself into the sea”?

One thing that I like in Him is that He does not force people to believe Him. He does not ask us to abandon our church affiliation. Most are Roman Catholics but there are others who belong to other faiths. There is at least one person I know who was a Muslim. People may just pick out what is good and discard what is not.

peacecrusader888

Who is the spirit Ama?

For all we know, that spirit is a demon intent on misleading you. Why not base your beliefs on the bible and the writings of the ones Jesus selected to inform us of the events surrounding his death?
@Pegg
I am not misleading you. I am not recruiting you. I am sharing my experiences with a spirit who we (plural) call Ama. Just pick out what you think is good for your soul and discard what is not.

Ama recommends that we use the Holy Bible, King James Version, because it is nearer the truth. He also told us to read Pasiong Mahal (Wikipedia, Pasyon) which I find to be more detailed and some not found in it, like the fourth century AD Saint Helena, mother of Emperor Constantine; Longinus, the Roman centurion; the Blessed Virgin Mary; etc.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
@Pegg
I am not misleading you. I am not recruiting you. I am sharing my experiences with a spirit who we (plural) call Ama. Just pick out what you think is good for your soul and discard what is not.

Ama recommends that we use the Holy Bible, King James Version, because it is nearer the truth. He also told us to read Pasiong Mahal (Wikipedia, Pasyon) which I find to be more detailed and some not found in it, like the fourth century AD Saint Helena, mother of Emperor Constantine; Longinus, the Roman centurion; the Blessed Virgin Mary; etc.

Why is the KJV nearer the truth? What makes it so??

What is the difference between the KJV and any other modern english translation?

peacecrusader888

The Crucifixion Nail

The holes where the nails would enter were already there. Did you know that the arms of Jesus Christ were outstretched? The spirit of Ama said that when Jesus was crucified, it was His right hand that was nailed first, then His right foot, then His left hand, and then His left foot. His left hand did not reach the hole so they pulled His arm to reach it. The joints became dislocated. For example, the hole was five inches, with outstretched arm, it was only four inches. So His arms were stretched until the joints were dislocated.

The feet were side by side. One nail was used for each foot. The knees were straight and He could hardly move.

After nailing Him, the cross was flipped and the protruding nails at the back of the cross were bent to secure them. His face was smeared with soil.

Ama said that the names of the four nails are “Propram Anacnom,” “Sumaclorde,” “Nasarte Rasiom,” and “Salbuluray Cabaladoc.” They were revealed by Ama who most, if not all, His listeners believe that He is the spirit of Jesus Christ. These may not be in the Holy Bible. It is for you to pick out what is good for your soul and discard what is not. These are partly inhttp://aristean.org/pahayag081.htmand in Pasiong Mahal, page 156, in the Filipino language.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
The Crucifixion Nail

The holes where the nails would enter were already there. Did you know that the arms of Jesus Christ were outstretched? The spirit of Ama said that when Jesus was crucified, it was His right hand that was nailed first, then His right foot, then His left hand, and then His left foot. His left hand did not reach the hole so they pulled His arm to reach it. The joints became dislocated. For example, the hole was five inches, with outstretched arm, it was only four inches. So His arms were stretched until the joints were dislocated.

The feet were side by side. One nail was used for each foot. The knees were straight and He could hardly move.

After nailing Him, the cross was flipped and the protruding nails at the back of the cross were bent to secure them. His face was smeared with soil.

Ama said that the names of the four nails are “Propram Anacnom,” “Sumaclorde,” “Nasarte Rasiom,” and “Salbuluray Cabaladoc.” They were revealed by Ama who most, if not all, His listeners believe that He is the spirit of Jesus Christ. These may not be in the Holy Bible. It is for you to pick out what is good for your soul and discard what is not. These are partly inhttp://aristean.org/pahayag081.htmand in Pasiong Mahal, page 156, in the Filipino language.

none of that sounds like it comes from the bible, not the king James version or any other version.

This sounds like spiritism to me. Jesus would have none of this kind of thing. Rather, he warned his disciples to stay away from people who make these sorts of claims.

Matt 24:4 In answer Jesus said to them: “Look out that nobody misleads you,+5 for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many...23 “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look! Here is the Christ,’+ or, ‘There!’ do not believe it.+24 For false Christs and false prophets+ will arise and will perform great signs and wonders so as to mislead,+ if possible, even the chosen ones. 25 Look! I have forewarned you. 26 Therefore, if people say to you, ‘Look! He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; ‘Look! He is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it.+

Last edited:

peacecrusader888

Why is the KJV nearer the truth? What makes it so??

What is the difference between the KJV and any other modern english translation?
@Pegg
You know that in 325 AD during the Council of Nicaea, Emperor Constantine moved Passover to March/April. Passover is called by the Christians as Easter. Emperor Constantine was attacking the Jews and that as Christians, they don’t want anything to do with the Jews, including its dependency of Passover to the Jews.

The basis of, I think, all of the versions of the New Testament (NT) is the King James Version (KJV). The spirit of Ama said that the original is in the Vatican. Which version do you use?

Let me cite to you Acts 12:4 of the KJV, to wit: “And when he had apprehended him [Peter], he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.” During the time of Peter in first century AD, do the writers of the NT know that Passover would be called Easter? Where did the word Easter come from?

peacecrusader888

none of that sounds like it comes from the bible, not the king James version or any other version.

This sounds like spiritism to me. Jesus would have none of this kind of thing. Rather, he warned his disciples to stay away from people who make these sorts of claims.

Matt 24:4 In answer Jesus said to them: “Look out that nobody misleads you,+5 for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many...23 “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look! Here is the Christ,’+ or, ‘There!’ do not believe it.+24 For false Christs and false prophets+ will arise and will perform great signs and wonders so as to mislead,+ if possible, even the chosen ones. 25 Look! I have forewarned you. 26 Therefore, if people say to you, ‘Look! He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; ‘Look! He is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it.+

@Pegg
The spirit of Ama told us (plural) the names of the four nails. I just don’t know which nails are for the right and left hands, and for the right and left feet, of Jesus. They are not in the Holy Bible, so are His arm being pulled to reach the hole. Did you know that the cross was 15 feet high and 7 feet across? Did you know that there were no joint whatever between the vertical and horizontal of the cross? Did you know that long before the Blessed Virgin Mary was born, she planted three seeds that became the crosses for Jesus and the two thieves?

Yes, we listen to a spirit. Most, if not all, of Ama’s listeners believe that He is Jesus Christ Himself. What is the Holy Spirit, the third person in the Trinity? Isn’t He a spirit? Do you believe in the Trinity? Do you believe that there is just one God (John 17:3) and that this God made Himself into three?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
@Pegg
You know that in 325 AD during the Council of Nicaea, Emperor Constantine moved Passover to March/April. Passover is called by the Christians as Easter. Emperor Constantine was attacking the Jews and that as Christians, they don’t want anything to do with the Jews, including its dependency of Passover to the Jews.

The basis of, I think, all of the versions of the New Testament (NT) is the King James Version (KJV). The spirit of Ama said that the original is in the Vatican. Which version do you use?

there are no original manuscripts anymore... the oldest manuscripts we date back to the 3rd/4th century and they themselves are copies.

I use the New World Translation bible... its very modern language makes it easy to read and comprehend what is being said. The KJV uses old antiquated english which we dont use anymore. Many words in old english have different meanings to what we have today, and unfortunately the KJV translators thought that the bible manuscripts were written in classical greek so they translated them based on that when they should have been translating Koine greek. Modern scholars have so much more information about the ancient koine and hebrew languages, so translations today are more accurate.

Let me cite to you Acts 12:4 of the KJV, to wit: “And when he had apprehended him [Peter], he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.” During the time of Peter in first century AD, do the writers of the NT know that Passover would be called Easter? Where did the word Easter come from?

The KJV was created in the 16th century, but there is no way the bible writers would have used the term easter... it wasnt around back then and nor was the celebration of easter.
The early disciples commemorated the death of Jesus. But easter commemorates the resurrection of him and is based on pagan religious ideas of a fertility goddess.

The NWT reads this way:
Acts 12: 4 He seized him and put him in prison,+ turning him over to four shifts of four soldiers each to guard him,
intending to bring him out* before the people after the Passover.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
@Pegg
The spirit of Ama told us (plural) the names of the four nails. I just don’t know which nails are for the right and left hands, and for the right and left feet, of Jesus. They are not in the Holy Bible, so are His arm being pulled to reach the hole. Did you know that the cross was 15 feet high and 7 feet across? Did you know that there were no joint whatever between the vertical and horizontal of the cross? Did you know that long before the Blessed Virgin Mary was born, she planted three seeds that became the crosses for Jesus and the two thieves?

Yes, we listen to a spirit. Most, if not all, of Ama’s listeners believe that He is Jesus Christ Himself. What is the Holy Spirit, the third person in the Trinity? Isn’t He a spirit? Do you believe in the Trinity? Do you believe that there is just one God (John 17:3) and that this God made Himself into three?

No I dont believe in the trinity or that God made himself into 3 gods. The bible writers are very clear on this matter....the bible identifies the name of the True God and the 'most high'
Psalm 83:18 May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah,+
You alone are the Most High over all the earth.
:

The bible says that no man has ever seen God. People did see Jesus, so it stands to reason that Jesus cannot be God:
John 1:18 No man has seen God at any time;+ the only-begotten god+who is at the Father’s side*+ is the one who has explained Him

And if the holy spirit was a person, then why was he not seen in heaven with God and Jesus in the account about Stephen and his vision:
Acts 7;54 Well, at hearing these things, they were infuriated* in their hearts and began to grind their teeth at him. 55 But he, being full of holy spirit, gazed into heaven and caught sight of God’s glory and of Jesus standing at God’s right hand,+56 and he said: “Look! I see the heavens opened up and the Son of man+ standing at God’s right hand.”+

You might notice that the disciple Stephen did not mention any sight of the holy spirit. If the spirit was a 3rd person of the trinity, then surely he would have been seen. But the truth is that the trinity is not a bible teaching. It is something construed by a romanized christianity.... they wanted Jesus to be more then a 'son' of God so they made him equal to God. This is something which God himself condemns in his word. Listen:

Isaiah 42:8 I am Jehovah. That is my name;
I give my glory to no one else,*
Nor my praise to graven images.

You can learn more about the false trinity teaching by visiting our website to get more detailed information.

peacecrusader888

@Pegg
Acts 9:3-6 state when Saul of Tarsus (Saint Paul) and his men were on their journey to Damascus. Who did he say He was? Lord! Who was the Lord? Jesus! What was Jesus at this time? A spirit!

Remember that in the book of Revelation, God was the one speaking and John was writing down what He was seeing and hearing. Revelation 22:16 states: “I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.” Who is God? Jesus!

God is a spirit (John 4:24). John 14:9 states: “Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? He that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?” That is why Jesus said in John 10:30, “I and my Father are one.” The spirit that was in Jesus was that of the Father. Remember that the physical body contains the spirit (Ecclesiastes 12:7).

What are the names of God in the Old Testament (King James Version)? It was Jehovah in Isaiah 12:2, 26:4; Exodus 6:3; Psalm 83:18; and I am that I am in Exodus 3:14. In the New Testament, God revealed His name in Revelation 22:16 as Jesus.

peacecrusader888

Crucifixion site

Jesus Christ was crucified on a hill called the “place of a skull”, which in Hebrew is Golgotha (John 19:17; Matthew 27:33). Luke 23:33 called it Calvary from the Latin word calvaria (skull). The cross was placed on a rock which resembled the shape of a skull. It is about less than two km from the Horse Gate but it took three days to reach it because Jesus could hardly walk. He was scourged 5,455 times.

Some observed the crucifixion from a distance. Among them were Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, the mother of Zebedee’s children, and Salome (Matthew 27:56; Mark 15:40).

The crucifixion site was near a garden; and in the garden was a new sepulcher wherein never was a man laid before (John 19:40-41).

According to the spirit of Ama, Jesus was crucified on 08-17. This is equivalent to Av 30 in the Jewish calendar. The date 08-17 is a day in summer and not in spring.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Thursday. /late day/
Thursday eve
Friday day
Friday eve
Saturday day
Saturday eve
sunday morning //day//
whether this technically completes exactly three days and three nights, (because of the thurs time combined with the sunday day time), is probably not that important. It does, however, roughly cover the times mentioned.

peacecrusader888

The valleys of Hinnom, Tyropoeon, and Kidron

One of the gates of the city of Jerusalem, and its lowest, is the Dung Gate or the Refuse Gate, so named because it was through this gate that the garbage or rubbish of the city was thrown out. It is located in the southern tip of the city where the Tyropoeon Valley (or Central Valley) meets another valley called the Valley of Hinnom, also referred to as Ge Ben (son of ) Hinnom (Joshua 15:8, 18:16; Jeremiah 19:2, 6).

Actually, there is a third valley called the Torrent Valley of Kidron, the three of them come together and we have a garbage pit that was called “GEHENNA” or “hell fire”. Jesus used “hell fire” (Matthew 5:22, 30, 18:9; Mark 9:47-48) as a symbol of everlasting torment where “worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched”.

On the opposite bank on the eastern side on the confluence of the three valleys is the crucifixion site. The Pharisees considered Jesus as rubbish. After Joseph of Arimathaea and Nicodemus had taken down Jesus from the cross, He was handed to His mother, the Blessed Virgin Mary, sculpted by Michelangelo called “Pieta”. The Pharisees tried to snatch the dead body of Jesus and dispose the body to the valley below but the Blessed Virgin Mary hanged on to Him. The Pharisees did not want Jesus to be buried even in the cemetery for strangers. Nicodemus intervened and let Jesus be buried in his new sepulcher nearby.

peacecrusader888

Why would the original KJV be in the Vatican???????????
@jeager106
The original of the New Testament, according to the spirit of Ama, is in the Vatican. I believe that this is true because:
1. The Roman Empire adopted Christianity as its official religion from the fourth century AD; and
2. The Romans controlled the whole of the Mediterranean.

Greek was the koine, the everyday speech of the common people, in which the New Testament was written in the first century AD It is the language understood practically everywhere throughout the Roman Empire (Holy Bible, King James Version, Red Letter Edition).

Since the Romans controlled the whole Mediterranean, they collected all manuscripts of the New Testament, and came out with the “official” New Testament and kept the original manuscripts in the Vatican. When Greek was replaced by Latin as the official language of the Empire, the Holy Bible was translated to it. So the basis of, I think, all versions of the New Testament is the “official” book in Greek (and Latin) where the Romans fixed Passover to March or April during the Council of Nicaea in 325 AD.

peacecrusader888

Thursday. /late day/
Thursday eve
Friday day
Friday eve
Saturday day
Saturday eve
sunday morning //day//
whether this technically completes exactly three days and three nights, (because of the thurs time combined with the sunday day time), is probably not that important. It does, however, roughly cover the times mentioned.
@disciple
Please use the Jewish day wherein it starts at sundown and ends at sundown the following day. So you say:
Thursday day (late day) – crucifixion and burial of Jesus
Friday night
Friday day
Saturday night
Saturday day
Sunday night
Sunday day – discovery of the missing corpse of Jesus

I don’t consider as one full daytime (sunrise to sunset) His being buried before sunset of Thursday.

I believe that Matthew 12:40 when it says “three days and three nights”, each day is from sunrise to sunset, and each night is from sunset to sunrise or 24 hours. “Three days and three nights” is equal to 72 hours.

peacecrusader888

there are no original manuscripts anymore... the oldest manuscripts we date back to the 3rd/4th century and they themselves are copies.

I use the New World Translation bible... its very modern language makes it easy to read and comprehend what is being said. The KJV uses old antiquated english which we dont use anymore. Many words in old english have different meanings to what we have today, and unfortunately the KJV translators thought that the bible manuscripts were written in classical greek so they translated them based on that when they should have been translating Koine greek. Modern scholars have so much more information about the ancient koine and hebrew languages, so translations today are more accurate.

The KJV was created in the 16th century, but there is no way the bible writers would have used the term easter... it wasnt around back then and nor was the celebration of easter.
The early disciples commemorated the death of Jesus. But easter commemorates the resurrection of him and is based on pagan religious ideas of a fertility goddess.

The NWT reads this way:
Acts 12: 4 He seized him and put him in prison,+ turning him over to four shifts of four soldiers each to guard him,
intending to bring him out* before the people after the Passover.
@Pegg
So you are a Jehovah’s Witness, am I correct?

Here is the original Greek of Acts 12:4: 4hon kai piasas etheto eis fulakeen, paradous tessarsin tetradiois stratiootoon fulassein auton, boulomenos meta to Pascha anagagein auton too laoo.

The KJV, as you said, “was created in the 16th century”. The original Greek is “Pascha”. So you are correct in NWT’s translation to “Passover”’. As what the spirit of Ama said, the KJV is nearer the truth. I think if it is Jesus who said it, it is right. Otherwise, we evaluate whether it is true or not.

You say “easter commemorates the resurrection of him and is based on pagan religious ideas of a fertility goddess.” It is still His resurrection and Jesus is showing to us what will happen when we bore the sufferings until death. You commemorate His resurrection and that is right. Easter eggs and Easter bunnies, you may discard them because you think that they are ‘pagan religious ideas of a fertility goddess.” But you don’t discard His resurrection.