• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When was Jesus Christ crucified?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
@Pegg
This is what King James Version of the Holy Bible that you cited state:
Luke 22:28-30
28 Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations.
29 And I appoint unto you a Kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me.
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Revelation 14:3 – “And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.”

What do you mean by “redeemed from the earth”? Taken from the earth, isn’t it? The spirit of Ama said that what will be taken from the earth will only be those good people. Those who have not been good, even though they try to board the spacecraft will not be allowed. The spacecraft, I think, is what we call UFO. They will be taken by those who are as tall as “Araneta frogs” (I think he is referring to Bull Frogs).

I asked Ama if they are taken from the earth at aged 30, will they be returned aged 30 as well? He said, “No.” They will be reborn, that is, reincarnated. And they will be beautiful people.

Who are good people? The ones to be redeemed, or taken from the earth, are those followers of Christ chosen by Jehovah to do the job of 'judgeing'

Who are they judging? Not themselves obviously. They are judging the people who remain on the earth.... they are judging the people Jesus said would inherit the earth at Matthew 5:5 Happy are the mild-tempered,*+ since they will inherit the earth.

This spirit you are talking to is feeding you a lot of tripe... it is not Jesus who is speaking to you...more likely its Satan. Take the warning from the bible: 2Corinthians 11:13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ.+14 And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps disguising himself as an angel of light.

Dont trust anyone who contradicts Gods Written Word.

peacecrusader888

JESUS WAS CRUCIFIED ON THURSDAY (Section 2 of 2)

Let us see if 1 BC 08-17 equivalent to 3760 Av 30, a Thursday, meets the criteria that I gave:
1. Criterion 1 (Day after crucifixion was a high day and a sabbath) – The day after the crucifixion was Elul 1, a Friday, the beginning of the month. It is a high sabbath day. The criterion is met. (John 19:31)
2. Criterion 2 (Jesus was in the sepulcher for three days and three nights) – The body of Jesus was in the sepulcher the whole day of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The criterion is met. (Matthew 12:40)
3. Criterion 3 (The body of Jesus was discovered not in the sepulcher on the first day of the week) – Matthew 28:1, Mark 16:2, Luke 24:1 and John 20:1 state the first day of the week, which is Monday, for the followers of Jesus. The body of Jesus was not in the sepulcher. John 20:19 shows that the calendar used is not the Jewish lunar calendar but a solar calendar, to wit: “Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.” The criterion is met.
4. Criterion 4 (Mary Magdalene et al. bought the sweet spices for the anointing of Jesus after a sabbath (Mark 16:1) - Mary Magdalene et al., bought the sweet spices after the sabbath of the followers of Jesus on Monday evening. That is the only window of opportunity that they can buy the sweet spices. The criterion is met.
5. Criterion 5 (Shops were closed on a sabbath day) - Friday was the high day sabbath. The shops were closed on this sabbath day. Saturday was the weekly sabbath. The shops were closed too on this sabbath day. And the followers observed these because it is the Jews who were ruling Israel. Sunday was a regular trading day, so the shops were open. But since it was the sabbath of the followers of Jesus, they observed it. The criterion is met.
6. Criterion 6 (On the day before a sabbath called Preparation Day, shops were open only in the morning. It he afternoon, the Jews prepare for the sabbath that would start when the sun has set) - The Preparation Day for the Friday high sabbath was on Thursday. Since Saturday was also a sabbath day, the Jews prepared for the double sabbaths on Thursday when the shops were open only in the morning. The criterion is met.
7. Criterion 7 (In winter, shops were opened from sunrise to sunset. However, in summer when it is hot in the afternoon, shops were open from sunrise to noon, and from about 4 to 4 pm until about 30 minutes to one hour after the sun has set) – Elul is a summer month. The shops were open from sunrise to noon, and from about 3 to 4pm until about 30 minutes to one hour after the sun has set. On Sunday, the shops were open but the followers of Jesus had their Sabbath. So it was only after their Sabbath that they could buy the sweet spices. Since, it was summer, the shops were open until after sundown. And this is the time when they bought the sweet spices.

All criteria are met. Jesus was crucified on a Thursday.

The crucifixion happened in summer instead of in spring is proven by the Holy Bible itself: the naked man in Mark 14:50-52 (2009); Jesus cursed the fig tree in Matthew 21:18-21 and Mark 11:12-14, 20-22 (2009); Kidron Valley (2012); the donkey (2013); Acts 17:2 on three sabbath days that Saint Paul was explaining to the Jews; and the naked Peter in John 21:7.

I was able to prove that Ama is correct in His revelation that the crucifixion of Jesus happened on 08-17 in the propleptic Gregorian solar calendar, equivalent to 3760 Av 30 of the Jewish lunisolar calendar. About 20 years had passed since I first heard it from old listeners in 1983. You may check the results of the study onCRUCIFIXION OF JESUS CHRIST . If you have any questions, please raise them in this forum or in the forum of your choice.

peacecrusader888

Who are good people? The ones to be redeemed, or taken from the earth, are those followers of Christ chosen by Jehovah to do the job of 'judgeing'

Who are they judging? Not themselves obviously. They are judging the people who remain on the earth.... they are judging the people Jesus said would inherit the earth at Matthew 5:5 Happy are the mild-tempered,*+ since they will inherit the earth.

This spirit you are talking to is feeding you a lot of tripe... it is not Jesus who is speaking to you...more likely its Satan. Take the warning from the bible: 2Corinthians 11:13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ.+14 And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps disguising himself as an angel of light.

Dont trust anyone who contradicts Gods Written Word.
@Pegg
This is what the spirit of Ama said: “At sa kanyang katakawang labis, pati tumpok ng tae ay iniaparador” (And in his gluttony, even heap of **** was put in the wardrobe). This came from PAHAYAG NG ESPIRITU SANTO - 037 titled “Ang manliligaw ng kaisipan” (The strayer of the mind). It is in the Filipino language.

What does it mean “put in the wardrobe”? Accepted it. Embraced it.

I know that you are a Jehovah’s Witness and you do not believe in the Trinity, that Jesus was just a created being of Jehovah, that the Holy Spirit is just a force and not a person. Do you also believe that the archangel Michael is Jesus Christ as well?

Do you believe that Jesus was crucified on a Friday and resurrected on Sunday?

You have not checked if what Ama said that Jesus was born on 05-23 and died on 08-17 are correct and you already advocate not to trust anyone who contradicts God’s written word. I told you that I was able to prove that they are correct mainly using the Holy Bible. The results of the studies are in Revelation and Proofs: Jesus Christ was born on May 23, 33 B.C. and CRUCIFIXION OF JESUS CHRIST .

Matthew 7:1 states, “Judge not, that ye be not judged.”

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
@Pegg
This is what the spirit of Ama said: “At sa kanyang katakawang labis, pati tumpok ng tae ay iniaparador” (And in his gluttony, even heap of **** was put in the wardrobe). This came from PAHAYAG NG ESPIRITU SANTO - 037 titled “Ang manliligaw ng kaisipan” (The strayer of the mind). It is in the Filipino language.

What does it mean “put in the wardrobe”? Accepted it. Embraced it.

I know that you are a Jehovah’s Witness and you do not believe in the Trinity, that Jesus was just a created being of Jehovah, that the Holy Spirit is just a force and not a person. Do you also believe that the archangel Michael is Jesus Christ as well?

Do you believe that Jesus was crucified on a Friday and resurrected on Sunday?

You have not checked if what Ama said that Jesus was born on 05-23 and died on 08-17 are correct and you already advocate not to trust anyone who contradicts God’s written word. I told you that I was able to prove that they are correct mainly using the Holy Bible. The results of the studies are in Revelation and Proofs: Jesus Christ was born on May 23, 33 B.C. and CRUCIFIXION OF JESUS CHRIST .

Matthew 7:1 states, “Judge not, that ye be not judged.”

ok, im not interested in discussing with you any further.

Thankyou, have a lovely day.

truthofscripture

This is schedule of the crucifixion of Jesus and His resurrection:
Thursday, 1 BC 08-17, crucifixion of Jesus, preparation day, market opened in morning
Friday, 1 BC 08-18, first day of Jesus in sepulcher, New Moon Festival, a high sabbath, market closed
Saturday, 1 BC 08-19, second day of Jesus in sepulcher, regular weekly sabbath of the Jews, market closed
Sunday, 1 BC 08-20, third day of Jesus in sepulcher, sabbath of the followers on Jesus, market opened
Monday, 1 BC 08-21, resurrection on Jesus, discovery of the missing corpse of Jesus, market opened

He was crucified on a Thursday. Day after crucifixion was a high day and a sabbath (John 19:31). There were three days and three nights that Jesus was in the sepulcher (Matthew 12:40). Mary Magdalene et al. bought the sweet spices after their sabbath that Sunday (Mark 16:1). The discovery of the missing corpse of Jesus in the sepulcher was on a Monday, the first day of the week (Matthew 28:1, Mark 16:2, Luke 24:1, John 20:1). In winter, shops were opened from sunrise to sunset. However, in summer when it is hot in the afternoon, shops were opened from sunrise to about noon, and from about 3 to 4 pm until about 30 minutes to one hour after the sun had set.
Having translated, literally, the scriptures describing Jesus' murder, I don't think he was crucified. The Greek word for the instrument of his death is "stauros", and the classical Greek translation is stake or pole, depending upon usage. It is a single piece of timber, not a cross. Historically, the cross has always been a pagan symbol for male genitalia. Constantine injected the cross into his "state" religion in the early fourth century, because he was the chief pagan in Rome. That religion was called, by him, the Roman Church, and was soon thereafter called the Roman Catholic Church. The Bible he created in Nice at that time was a mixture of Christian writings and pagan traditions and writings. He took Saturna, a 12 day festival of the harvest, and changed it to Christmas. He took a festival to Ishtar and created Easter. He thought that forcing all Romans to participate would be easier if it had Christian and pagan elements. He didn't want large scale dissent. One of the reasons that Galations 5:19-21 lists "sects" (of Christianity) as "works of the flesh", and why Revelation to John says those sects are "Babylon the Great" and are destined for destruction in the Great Day of God the Almighty, Armageddon.

peacecrusader888

WHO IS THE DISCIPLE THAT JESUS LOVED?

John was the son of Zebedee and brother of James (Matthew 10:2; Mark 3:17; Luke 6:14). Most people say that it was this person that Jesus loved. They say that he is the author of the gospel according to John, the letters, and the Revelation. But this John was an apostle of Jesus.

Believe it or not but the spirit of Ama said that the disciple that Jesus loved was John the Baptist. He also said that the groom at the wedding at Cana was John the Baptist. He was the second cousin of Jesus.

John the Baptist was beheaded by Herod the Tetrarch (Matthew 14:1-12; Mark 6:14-29; Luke 9:7-9). How could he be that person?

Is it impossible for Jesus to reattach John’s head to its physical body and made him lived again? Jesus was able to make Lazarus to live again (John 11:1-44). Lazarus was buried in the grave for four days already.

John 19:26-27 state: “When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.”

peacecrusader888

The Resurrection of Jesus – Part 1 of 5

The resurrection of Jesus is in Matthew 28, Mark 16, Luke 24, and John 20. It is also in Pasiong Mahal, pages 182-191.

The spirit of Ama said that we chronicle the sequence of events to know what really happened. If you disagree with my sequencing, please say so.

Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought the sweet spices that they would anoint Jesus with after the sabbath (Mark 16:1). Their sabbath which Jesus taught them was Sunday. Note that the shops were closed during a Jewish sabbath day. It was closed on Friday, the high day sabbath and on Saturday, the regular weekly sabbath. But Sunday was a regular trading day but it was their sabbath. So the sweet spices were bought after their sabbath.

On the first day of the week, after the sabbath, when it was still dark as it began to dawn, the three Marys were going to the sepulcher to bring the sweet spices they had prepared. They brought broom, frankincense, and myrrh. They said among themselves who should roll the very great stone from the door of the sepulcher. An earthquake happened for an angel of God descended from heaven, and came, and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it. His appearance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow. The keepers, maybe the Roman soldiers assigned to keep watch of the sepulcher, shook and became as dead men (Matthew 28:1-4; Mark 16:2-4; Luke 24:1-2; John 20:1; Pasiong Mahal, p 182).

When the women arrived at the sepulcher as the sun rose, they found the stone rolled back from the door. They (the two women, not Mary Magdalene) entered in the sepulcher and did not find the body of Jesus. They saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment. They became perplexed. Then two men stood by them in shining garment. They became afraid, bowed down their faces to the earth. The angel said, “Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus which was crucified. He is not here, but is risen. Behold the place where the Lord lay.” They added, “Why seek the living among the dead? And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him” (Matthew 28:5-7; Mark 16:5; Luke 24:3-8; Pasiong Mahal, pp 182-183).

peacecrusader888

The Resurrection of Jesus – Part 2 of 5

Jesus was “three days and three nights in the heart of the earth” (Matthew 12:40). He has risen early the first day of the week.

They (the two women) went out quickly, and fled from the sepulcher. They were with fear and great joy. They trembled and were amazed. They did not say anything to any man for they were afraid. Mary Magdalene was with them and ran to where they are staying at Jerusalem.

Mary Magdalene saw Simon Peter and his companion John, the disciple who Jesus loved. She said to Simon Peter, “They have taken away the LORD out of the sepulcher, and we do not know where they have him laid. I just came from the sepulcher. Come so that you will believe” as they mourned and wept. And they did not believe what she said. They were as idle tales. (Matthew 28:8; Mark 16:8-11; Luke 24:9-11; John 20:2; Pasiong Mahal, p 183).

Then Simon Peter arose and ran to the sepulcher. With the other disciple, they ran together. The other disciple outran Simon Peter and came first to the sepulcher. He did not enter. He stooped down, and looked in and saw the linen clothes lying. Then Simon Peter came following him, and went to the sepulcher. He stooped down and saw the linen clothes laid by themselves, and the napkin that was about the head of Jesus not lying with the linen clothes but wrapped together in place by itself. He and the other disciple that came first to the sepulcher, saw and believed. Then they went away (Luke 24:12; John 20:3-8).

Could someone tell the significance of the Jewish tradition of the napkin?

peacecrusader888

The Resurrection of Jesus – Part 3 of 5

Saint John and Saint Peter went back to the city with sadness for Jesus (Pasiong Mahal, p 183).

Mary Magdalene stood outside of the sepulcher weeping, and as she wept, she stooped down and looked into the sepulcher. She saw two angels in white, sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet where the body of Jesus had lain. The angels said to her, “Woman, why do you weep?” She answered, “Because they have taken away my LORD, and I do not know where they laid him.” She turned herself back and saw a person standing, and did not know that it was Jesus. (John 20:11-14; Pasiong Mahal, p 184)

Jesus said to her, “Woman, why do you weep? Who do you seek?” She, supposing him to be the gardener, said to Him, “Sir, if thou have borne Him, tell me where you have laid Him, and I will take Him away. Jesus said to her, “Mary.” She turned herself, said to Him, “Rabboni” (Rabboni means Master). She was to kiss the feet of Jesus, but Jesus said, “Touch me not for I am not yet ascended to my Father and your Father, and to my God and your God.” Mary Magdalene returned to the place where she and the other followers where staying in Jerusalem. She told the disciples that she had seen the LORD, and that He had spoken these things to her. (John 20:15-18, Pasiong Mahal, pp 183-185)
Some of the watchmen of the sepulcher came into the city, and showed to the chief priests all that were done. And they assembled with the elders, and had taken counsel. The soldiers were given large money, and were told, “Say that His disciples came by night, and stole him away while we slept. And if the governor hears about it, we will persuade him, and secure you.” So the soldiers took the money, and did as they were taught. This saying is commonly reported among the Jews until this day (first century AD). (Matthew 28:11-14)

Today is Good Friday. The crucifixion and death of Jesus. Eat fish to remember Him.

peacecrusader888

The Resurrection of Jesus – Part 4 of 5

Most of the following story are from the gospel of Luke and Pasiong Mahal.

On that same first day of the week, in the afternoon, two of them, one is named Cleopas and the other named Simon, most likely Peter, went to the country, to a village called Emmaus. From Jerusalem, it is about threescore furlongs or about 12 kilometers away.

As they walked, they conversed and discussed the things which happened. Jesus Himself drew near and travelled with them. God prevented them from recognizing Him.

Jesus said to them, “What are you discussing as you walked, and are sad?”

Cleopas answered, “Are you only a stranger in Jerusalem, and has been unaware of the things that have happened there in these days?”

He said, “What things?”

They said, “About Jesus of Nazareth, who was a prophet mighty in deed and word in the sight of God and all the people. And how the chief priests and our rulers delivered Him to be condemned to death, and have crucified Him. But we trusted that He would redeem Israel; and beside all this, today is the third day since these things happened.

Women among us were early in the morning at the sepulcher. When they returned, they made us astonished when they did not find His body. They said that they had also seen a vision of angels who said that He was alive. Some of those that were with us went to the sepulcher and found it just as the women had said, and they did not find His body.”

Jesus said to them, “O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken. Was it not the Christ to suffer these things, and to enter into His glory?”

And beginning with Moses and with all the prophets, He expounded to them in all the scriptures the things concerning Himself. As they neared the village where the two were going to, He made as though He would have gone further. But they constrained Him, saying, “Abide with us for it is toward evening.” He went in to stay with them. And it came to pass, as He sat at meat with them, He took the bread, and blessed it, and broke it, and gave to them. And their eyes were opened, and they knew Him. He vanished out of their sight.

And they said one to another, “Did not our heart burn within us while He talked with us by the way, and while He opened to us the scriptures?”
(Mark 16:12; Luke 24:13-32; Pasiong Mahal, pp 185-186)

peacecrusader888

The Resurrection of Jesus – Part 5 of 5

This is the last part of the first day of resurrection.

They rose up the same hour, and from Emmaus, returned to Jerusalem. They found the apostles gathered together, and those who were with them. They did not believe them, saying, “The Lord is risen indeed, and had appeared to Simon.” And they told what things were done in the way, and how they recognized Him in the breaking of the bread.
(Mark 16:13; Luke 24:33-35, Pasiong Mahal, p 186)

Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, (Note in John 20:19 that it was evening of the first day of the week. Were the followers of Jesus using the Jewish calendar?) when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst of them.

As they were telling His disciples, Jesus met them and said, “All hail.” And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him. Jesus said to them, “Be not afraid; go tell my brethren that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see me” (Matthew 28:9-10; Pasiong Mahal, p 186).

Jesus said to them, “Peace be to you.”

They were terrified and afraid, and supposed that they were seeing a spirit.

Jesus said to them, “Why are you troubled? And why do thoughts arise in your hearts? See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me, and see for a spirit had no flesh and bones, as you see that I have.”
And when He had thus spoken, He showed them His hands and His feet and His side. And while they still could not believe it for joy, and wondered, He said to them, “Do you have here anything to eat?”

Saint Peter answered, “There is, my Teacher.” And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, a piece of bread, and of a honeycomb. And he took it, and ate before them. The disciples were glad when they saw the LORD.

Then said Jesus to them again, “Peace be to you: as my Father had sent me, even so I send you.”

And He said to them, “These are the words which I spoke to you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning Me.”

Then He opened their understanding that they might understand the scriptures, and said to them, “Thus it is written, and thus it is Christ’s duty to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And ye are witnesses of these things.”

And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Ghost. Whosoever sins you remit, they are remitted to them; and whosoever sins you retain, they are retained.”

Jesus censured them for their unbelief and hardness of heart because they did not believe them which had seen Him after He was risen.
(Mark 16:14; Luke 24:36-48; John 20:19-23; Pasiong Mahal, pp 186-187)

peacecrusader888

Why do I use Pasiong Mahal? Why not the Holy Bible only?

The Pasiong Mahal is composed of stanzas of five lines of eight syllables per line.

The spirit of Ama recommends that we read also Pasiong Mahal aside from the Holy Bible. He just said that it came from the Holy Bible. It confirms what the Bible says.

There are things in the Pasyon that are not mentioned in the Bible, like the names of the thieves crucified with Jesus, Longinus, Limbo, the death of Joseph and the Blessed Virgin Mary, etc.

From time to time, Pasyon is interspersed with Latin phrases and sentences. I don’t think that Filipinos are well-versed with Latin in 1703. I would like to point out that there is something erroneous in Pasiong Mahal on page 5, to wit:
“At silang tatlo ay lubos,
iisa ang pagka-Diyos;
kaya’t ang wika sa simbolos,
Qualis Paper, talis Filius
talis Espiritus Sanctus.”

I think the author of Pasyon is the spirit of Ama Himself and was dictated to Gaspar Aquino de Belen who was chosen to write Pasiong Mahal. What Ama says is confirmed by Pasyon though it may not be in the Bible.

The Pasyon confirms that there is only one God, and that this God has three Persons—God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit (Pasiong Mahal, p 5) which we call the Holy Trinity.

So I believe that Pasiong Mahal should be an additional book of the Holy Bible, and be treated as a holy book as well. Do not accept everything in the Holy Bible as correct. In the same way, do not accept everything in the Pasiong Mahal as correct. The final arbiter should be Ama. Discern right from wrong.

Tomorrow, I will continue "Was Jesus born on Christmas?" on Christian DIR.

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
Wed evening. The following Thurs was Passover, and a Sabbath. The following Sat was the usual weekly Sabbath. And Sunday he was said to already be risen.

peacecrusader888

Wed evening. The following Thurs was Passover, and a Sabbath. The following Sat was the usual weekly Sabbath. And Sunday he was said to already be risen.
@Sleeppy
You believe that Jesus was crucified on a Wednesday, am I right? I wish to get confirmation from you if this schedule is correct from what you wrote:
Wednesday 3pm – crucifixion of Jesus
Wednesday evening – I don’t know what you mean.
Thursday, Nisan 14, Passover, and a high sabbath
Friday, Nisan 15, Why is there no entry for Friday?
Saturday, Nisan 16, Regular weekly sabbath
Sunday, Nisan 17, Resurrection of Jesus

My questions:
1. What date was Jesus crucified?
2. When did a day begin, at sunset or 12 midnight? You have to place which day belongs to which, and if it is daytime or nighttime.
3. Why do you not have any entry on Friday?
4. When did Jesus resurrect—Saturday daytime or Sunday nighttime.

You know why I don’t believe in a Wednesday crucifixion? Because on Friday, shops were opened in the morning only in preparation of Saturday sabbath. Mary Magdalene et al. could have bought the sweet spices that morning and could have gone to the sepulcher also that day. Why wait for two more days on Sunday to go to the sepulcher?

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
@Sleeppy
You believe that Jesus was crucified on a Wednesday, am I right? I wish to get confirmation from you if this schedule is correct from what you wrote:
Wednesday 3pm – crucifixion of Jesus
Wednesday evening – I don’t know what you mean.
Thursday, Nisan 14, Passover, and a high sabbath
Friday, Nisan 15, Why is there no entry for Friday?
Saturday, Nisan 16, Regular weekly sabbath
Sunday, Nisan 17, Resurrection of Jesus

My questions:
1. What date was Jesus crucified?
2. When did a day begin, at sunset or 12 midnight? You have to place which day belongs to which, and if it is daytime or nighttime.
3. Why do you not have any entry on Friday?
4. When did Jesus resurrect—Saturday daytime or Sunday nighttime.

You know why I don’t believe in a Wednesday crucifixion? Because on Friday, shops were opened in the morning only in preparation of Saturday sabbath. Mary Magdalene et al. could have bought the sweet spices that morning and could have gone to the sepulcher also that day. Why wait for two more days on Sunday to go to the sepulcher?

Thurs day - Christ in tomb since Wed night
Thurs night - Passover at evening
Fri day - Day of Prep
Fri night - Day of Prep
Sat day- Sabbath
Sat night - Sabbath
Sun day - Christ risen before daylight, and Mary's discovery probably just before sunrise while it is visible

We can only speculate. Why were the two Marys the only ones visiting that morning?

truthofscripture

Fri day - Day of Prep
Fri night - Day of Prep
Sat day- Sabbath
Sat night - Sabbath
Sun day - Christ risen before daylight, and Mary's discovery probably just before sunrise while it is visible

We can only speculate. Why were the two Marys the only ones visiting that morning?
Remember that each day, then, began at sundown. Nisan 14 began Nisan 13 at sundown, ending Nisan 13.

peacecrusader888

Fri day - Day of Prep
Fri night - Day of Prep
Sat day- Sabbath
Sat night - Sabbath

@Sleeppy
I thought a Jewish day starts when the sun had set, now about 6pm. How come that you say Jesus was in the tomb since Wednesday night?

The problem with a Wednesday crucifixion is Friday, the Preparation Day for next day’s regular weekly Saturday sabbath. On Preparation Day, the shops were opened in the morning only and closed in the afternoon. Mary Magdalene et al. could have bought the sweet spices that morning and could have gone to the sepulcher that Friday also. Why wait until Sunday? Mark 16:1 states, “And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him.” When did they buy the sweet spices? Sabbath in this verse is singular.

Matthew 28:1 states, “In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulcher.” Sabbath in this verse is plural.

It says that only two Marys came that early morning first day of the week. In Pasiong Mahal, it says that three Marys went (p 182) that morning. Whether two or three Marys went, does it change the fact that the women went to the sepulcher first that early morning.