• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When friends can't be helped

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Disclaimer: I'm drunk! Keep that in mind when reading this post. :D

So, a friend of mine has found herself in a bad state... I feel helpless to help her, and it is crushing for me. This is a really good friend of mine. She has helped me to become a better person, and I do feel like I owe her a whole lot.

See, she escaped an abusive situation. This guy she escaped from has done much to try and control her. He limited a lot of things she had access to. Thankfully, she has escaped! She is now free to do what she pleases...

She works at the same hospital as me (that is, after all, how I met her). Since we are moving to the new place, we are all going to have our schedules change as well. Not only that, but we are moving to the next city over.

The problem is that she needs to be able to get to work. Her ex husband isolated her, and prevented her from driving. Now, she has been facing real obsticals in getting her license, so now she's kind of at the mercy of the world in trying to get to work.

I'd help her if I could, but my schedule is opposite of hers... I wish there was something I could do.

Not sure what the point of qriting this is... Just getting my thougts out, I guess.

danieldemol

Premium Member

So, a friend of mine has found herself in a bad state... I feel helpless to help her, and it is crushing for me. This is a really good friend of mine. She has helped me to become a better person, and I do feel like I owe her a whole lot.

See, she escaped an abusive situation. This guy she escaped from has done much to try and control her. He limited a lot of things she had access to. Thankfully, she has escaped! She is now free to do what she pleases...

She works at the same hospital as me (that is, after all, how I met her). Since we are moving to the new place, we are all going to have our schedules change as well. Not only that, but we are moving to the next city over.

The problem is that she needs to be able to get to work. Her ex husband isolated her, and prevented her from driving. Now, she has been facing real obsticals in getting her license, so now she's kind of at the mercy of the world in trying to get to work.

I'd help her if I could, but my schedule is opposite of hers... I wish there was something I could do.

Not sure what the point of qriting this is... Just getting my thougts out, I guess.
There is always public transport, and besides that you are not the only helpful person in the world. If she shares her difficulty with her workmates she is likely to find someone else to carpool with.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah, it really sucks when you can't help a friend, though you want to.

I'm not sure what her obstacles are in getting her license, but encourage her to continue to work towards that, and if there's anything you can do during that process, feel free to assist. :)

In the meantime, just continue to be a good friend. 'Cause most of us know our friends can't do everything for us, but that's not what we want(typically). We just want someone who's there for us when they can be, and to share in the times, both good and bad.

Happy drinking!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Just be there when she needs you.

If there is a problem with obtaining her licence, is there any vehicle that a licence is not required in your part of the world? In Europe one can drive a vehicle of less than one HP that is incapable of speeds greater than 50kph. The market is big enough to support 4 or 5 companies

cover-r4x3w1000-578dfb9c2c6d7-aixam-coupe-resultat.jpg

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Just be there when she needs you.

If there is a problem with obtaining her licence, is there any vehicle that a licence is not required in your part of the world? In Europe one can drive a vehicle of less than one HP that is incapable of speeds greater than 50kph. The market is big enough to support 4 or 5 companies

View attachment 45944

Eh... Not in the USA. One must have a license here. On top of that, we live in a pretty shady area, and she works night shift. It's not the best situation, unfortunately.