• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When did Christ's followers cease being a failure?

shmogie

The Millerites believed that they witnessed all those signs. For instance, they interpreted the tribulation to be the 1260 years of papal persecution. And Miller's interpretation of Daniel 8:14 seemed to confirm that the fulfillment of Christ's predictions were on time. For a more detailed exposition, see The Great Controversy by Ellen G. White.

Read the book, more than once. It is full of historical error, stolen material, and was written by a false prophet. The book, The White Lie, by Walter Rea, makes this quite clear. I was an Adventist for many years , ordained even, I studied and learned the truth.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Does it make sense to you that I should interrupt the thread by answering the question where it was originally asked? Nevertheless, I'll be happily delete it if he wants me to.

It's the rule. In the future, you'll need to get another member's permission to use one of their quotes in a separate thread.

Zog Has-fallen

A Christian Truther
Read the book, more than once. It is full of historical error, stolen material, and was written by a false prophet. The book, The White Lie, by Walter Rea, makes this quite clear. I was an Adventist for many years , ordained even, I studied and learned the truth.
I certainly reject Ellen White's theological errors.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
It's obvious to me that William Miller has been vindicated powerfully as he dreamed he would be.
That may be obvious to you, however it is an obvious failure to anybody outside of your faith. It is indeed wonderful how a failed prophecy can be spun, but it still failed.

Zog Has-fallen

A Christian Truther
That may be obvious to you, however it is an obvious failure to anybody outside of your faith. It is indeed wonderful how a failed prophecy can be spun, but it still failed.
God indeed works in mysterious ways. Virtually universal scorn is heaped upon Wm. Miller yet he interpreted Daniel 8:14 correctly. The world was scheduled to end at the terminus of 2300 years specified there. Miller's mistake was in not realizing that the prophecies of Daniel are conditional. And Wm. Miller has been vindicated by the update to prophecy as revealed in the Revelation of Jesus Christ.

Zog Has-fallen

A Christian Truther
God indeed works in mysterious ways. Virtually universal scorn is heaped upon Wm. Miller yet he interpreted Daniel 8:14 correctly. The world was scheduled to end at the terminus of 2300 years specified there. Miller's mistake was in not realizing that the prophecies of Daniel are conditional. And Wm. Miller has been vindicated by the update to prophecy as revealed in the Revelation of Jesus Christ.
The same closed-minded bigotry of nonbelievers who refuse to think and investigate facts is the subject of the thread:
The 9/11 Truther Movement Versus A Fundamental, Unchallengeable Theological Presupposition.

shmogie

So you do, or do not believe in the "investigative judgement" ? "Conditional" upon what ? Bible chapter and verse please.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
No, Millers mistake was in not quitting when he was behind.

shmogie

A few points in the "investigative judgement" doctrine as taught by Seventh-day Adventists are correct. It's better to correct their errors than to renounce everything they teach completely.
There are a few things they teach that are correct, some irrelevant, some wrong. I could not accept the wrong and be honest with God and myself, so I left.

shmogie

The same closed-minded bigotry of nonbelievers who refuse to think and investigate facts is the subject of the thread:
The 9/11 Truther Movement Versus A Fundamental, Unchallengeable Theological Presupposition.

Sigh, name calling for people who don't agree with you. I suspect I know as much or more than you about Millers 2300 day prophecy. I taught it. I also know the errors he made and the intellectual gymnastics his followers must do to cling to it.
So, just post Chapter and verse from the Bible that supports your idea that his "prophecy" was conditional.
You seem great at referring people to other pages,and singularly unable to preset what you believe. Miller would be disappointed in you.,

Zog Has-fallen

A Christian Truther
I suspect I know as much or more than you about Millers 2300 day prophecy. I taught it. I also know the errors he made and the intellectual gymnastics his followers must do to cling to it.
You just revealed being crippled in your understanding by submitting to human interpretation. I would never call the prophecy of Daniel 8:24 "Miller's 2300 day prophecy."

shmogie

You just revealed being crippled in your understanding by submitting to human interpretation. I would never call the prophecy of Daniel 8:24 "Miller's 2300 day prophecy."
I am tired of your non responses and unwillingness to engage, I shan't be responding to you in the future.