• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When did a 2nd 70 weeks of Daniel 9:24 begin?

2ndpillar

You can't both deny its validity and rely on its truth. Its Acts, and its mostly about Paul.

Acts was probably written by the unknown author of Luke. That kind of makes it a second rate history book, whose main contributor would be Paul. Since Paul never met Yeshua, the contribution quoted would have been from some other unknown witness. According to you, apparently Acts is the Word of God, which makes you stuck with it. Me, I can take it or leave it if. If it does not aligns with the Law and the Prophets (Isaiah 8:20), I can dump it (Isaiah 8:20) . To establish any matter, it would require a 2nd witness. (Dt 19:15) & (Mt 18:16). You, on the other hand, rely on the authority of the "daughter of Babylon", and the testimony of the "false prophet". I gave a second witness statement, but apart from applying to Peter, it does not have a bonafide second witness.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Acts was probably written by the unknown author of Luke. That kind of makes it a second rate history book, whose main contributor would be Paul. Since Paul never met Yeshua, the contribution quoted would have been from some other unknown witness. According to you, apparently Acts is the Word of God, which makes you stuck with it. Me, I can take it or leave it if. If it does not aligns with the Law and the Prophets (Isaiah 8:20), I can dump it (Isaiah 8:20) . To establish any matter, it would require a 2nd witness. (Dt 19:15) & (Mt 18:16). You, on the other hand, rely on the authority of the "daughter of Babylon", and the testimony of the "false prophet". I gave a second witness statement, but apart from applying to Peter, it does not have a bonafide second witness.
You cannot dump things that do not align with the Law or the Prophets when none of it is written to you. As a non-Jew you do not have it to begin with, so how can you dump any of it? Its only written to Torah keeping Jews. Why bother quoting the prophets? Why pay any attention to Jesus. He's a Jew, and what does he have to do with you? No not according to me. I have made no claims about Acts, merely pointed out there's no basis for you to be quoting random verses from Jewish texts. It merely gives the impression that there is a relation you do not have with them.

2ndpillar

You cannot dump things that do not align with the Law or the Prophets when none of it is written to you. As a non-Jew you do not have it to begin with, so how can you dump any of it? Its only written to Torah keeping Jews. Why bother quoting the prophets? Why pay any attention to Jesus. He's a Jew, and what does he have to do with you? No not according to me. I have made no claims about Acts, merely pointed out there's no basis for you to be quoting random verses from Jewish texts. It merely gives the impression that there is a relation you do not have with them.

Apparently you have no claim to the NT canon, as Acts is part of that canon, and you have no claim to the OT because you are apparently not a Jew. The OT contains Adam, who was not a Jew, Abraham, who was not a Jew, Noah, who was not a Jew, and yet Abraham kept God's commandments, My statutes, and My laws." The name Abraham means "father of the peoples/nations/Gentiles". . Without the OT, which Paul quoted as his base of authority, you have no root. Without the wheat seed in the NT, you have no water. Without roots and water, you are kind of doomed to wilt and die.

New American Standard Bible Genesis 26:5
because Abraham obeyed Me and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes and My laws."

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Apparently you have no claim to the NT canon, as Acts is part of that canon, and you have no claim to the OT because you are apparently not a Jew. The OT contains Adam, who was not a Jew, Abraham, who was not a Jew, Noah, who was not a Jew, and yet Abraham kept God's commandments, My statutes, and My laws." The name Abraham means "father of the peoples/nations/Gentiles". . Without the OT, which Paul quoted as his base of authority, you have no root. Without the wheat seed in the NT, you have no water. Without roots and water, you are kind of doomed to wilt and die.

New American Standard Bible Genesis 26:5
because Abraham obeyed Me and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes and My laws."
All written as a package, the Pentateuch a set of laws and teachings for Jews, mostly just male Jews. Its not for anyone else. Its certainly not intended for use as a crystal ball. The fact that there is a story about a man named Adam does not mean its for anyone besides Jews. It gives us no claim to the books, and more importantly does not require Jews to explain what the books are about. In addition if you are female you have 2 reasons that the scriptures aren't written to you. They're written to Jewish males only. Paul makes the argument that there is neither male nor female, Jew nor Greek.

2ndpillar

All written as a package, the Pentateuch a set of laws and teachings for Jews, mostly just male Jews. Its not for anyone else. Its certainly not intended for use as a crystal ball. The fact that there is a story about a man named Adam does not mean its for anyone besides Jews. It gives us no claim to the books, and more importantly does not require Jews to explain what the books are about. In addition if you are female you have 2 reasons that the scriptures aren't written to you. They're written to Jewish males only. Paul makes the argument that there is neither male nor female, Jew nor Greek.

Paul makes the argument that women should keep quiet, and that they certainly should cow tow to their husbands. And according to you, there is a difference between Greek and the Jews. Try and keep a steadier hand on the till. Hypocrisy leads to mental collapse. Try and find a straighter road.

1 Cor 14:…33For God is not a God of disorder, but of peace. As in all the congregations of the saints, 34women are to be silent in the churches. They are not permitted to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. 35If they wish to inquire about something, they are to ask their own husbands at home; for it is dishonorable for a woman to speak in the church.…

Last edited: