• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whats your favorite play?

Mr Cheese

If I have to top ten Shakespeare I would go,

Macbeth ( I know they say it's been cut to heck, but I like the pace of it )
Hamlet
A Midsummer nights Dream
Twelfth Night
The Taming of the Shrew
The Merchant of Venice
King Lear
As You Like it
Othello
Troilus and Cressida

I saw king lear at the same theatre I saw the frogs...

it had sir Ian gandalf mckellan as the titlar role...

It was pretty good...

StevieHummingbird

Singing, Dancing, Living
Hum, well I really enjoyed
The Crucible, but Shakespeare made a lot of great ones too.
Like MacBeth, did you know that was the most seen play ever?Shown every 4 hours somewhere in the world. I thought that was interesting.
I love seeing plays though, me and a friend are talking about going to see "The Vagina Monologues", which truly is a heart breaking play. They usually show it in February.
Oh, and "The Nutcracker" is more like tradition, ya know what is Christmas season without it?:)

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I haven't seen many plays... I've only watched just high school and university ones put on by students. Out of the ones I've seen, however, I thought Arsenic and Old Lace was pretty funny. I don't know if you've heard of it... I've read a lot of plays too, but they are never as good as when people actually act them out.

EDIT: Hey!! I guess some of you guys have heard of it. :D (I hadn't read the post before mine) :danana:

gnomon

I've only seen, in the theatre, the following:
Romeo and Juliet @ Shakespeare's Tavern - it was okay

MacBeth at Kennesaw State University - it sucked

Uncle Ivan at Theatre in the Square - it was pretty good

Death by Chocolate and South Pacific at a theatre in Cartersville - both were really good. But these also had my friends in it so I'm biased.

That silly pirates play that I don't remember where. The High Museum, I think. Not very memorable.

A Christmas Caorl. A version with a reggae Ghost of Christmas Present and a monster truck version of a Ghost of Christmas Future. While everyone else in the audience thought they were watching a really good, contemporary and multicultural play my friends and I were laughing our ***** off. When the monster truck version of the ghost unfolded like a ridiculous transformer with it's massive glowing eyes we all screamed "Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!". I left after that.

Phantom of the Opera with Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman. The best.

Wannabe Yogi

A few month ago I took my son to Berkeley Repertory Theatre to see the rarest of all things a Good Rock Oprea. American Idiot from the Green Day Album. I just loved it. It was a great intro to the Theatre. My son now loves to go to see plays.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Oh - one of my favourite performances that I've seen was a University of Toronto performance of Lysistrata... but I think it was a rather loose interpretation of the story.

Which reminds me: the weirdest performance I've ever seen: a high school production of Lysistrata. Seriously.

It was an interesting experience: the play's full of sexual innuendo and all the kids in the audience thought it was hysterical... but all the adults were seriously uncomfortable. You could see them looking back and forth thinking, "normally this would be funny, but should we be laughing at this stuff when a 15-year-old says it?"

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I just saw "Touch(ed)" a week ago. It was extraordinary! Has anybody else ever seen it?

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Oh - one of my favourite performances that I've seen was a University of Toronto performance of Lysistrata... but I think it was a rather loose interpretation of the story.

I lived in a University of Toronto dorm room for ten days. :D This has nothing to do with plays, but I always get egscited to talk about Toronto...

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I feel love/hate for Shakespeare. On some days his work makes me want to vomit but then on others, I dig it. Romeo & Juliet still gets me but I prefer it on screen over stage.

Musicals are my favorite. Phantom of the Opera and Wicked were awesome. I'd like to see Wicked again.

Smoke

Done here.
I haven't really seen a lot of plays, and most of the ones I have seen were rather forgettable amateur productions.

I like Macbeth and A Midsummer Night's Dream; the latter was probably the best play I've seen. (And it was an amateur production, by the way.) I will read Shakespeare but I prefer to see his plays performed.

I've never seen Wicked, but I'd like to.

dust1n

Zindīq
Little off track. My favorite short story is "The Wall" by Jean-Paul Sartre.

I haven't read it any of his short stories, but I've read 4 of his plays and love them all!

I have 'Being and Nothingness' on my bookshelf, though I just look at it for about 3 minutes and start crying. :sad4: