• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's your biggest regret?

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Sunstone said:
In an ordinary way, I agree with you wholeheartedly, and yet, how is it possible --- no, how is it even conceivable --- one could not regret that he has not made beautiful love to all the beautiful women in his life, and learned to languidly smoke a beautiful cigarette afterwards? C'est impossible!
Oh good grief Sunny,......are you still pining away after all the love lost in your life?

My advice to you is to get ANOTHER vinyl friend. Perhaps if you have two fine ladies by your side the longing will ease up a bit. ;) Maybe you could buy Ms. Latex a cute little French maid outfit to satisfy your foreign cravings.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Buttercup said:
Oh good grief Sunny,......are you still pining away after all the love lost in your life?

My advice to you is to get ANOTHER vinyl friend. Perhaps if you have two fine ladies by your side the longing will ease up a bit. ;) Maybe you could buy Ms. Latex a cute little French maid outfit to satisfy your foreign cravings.

Ooooooooooooohhhhhh lala! what are you suggesting, dear Lady?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
evearael said:
Besides, Sunstone, wouldn't Mademoiselle Love Doll get jealous?

I have always known that Mademoiselle Love Doll has had affairs of the heart that did not concern me. In fact, even when she came to me, she proudly wore a factory tag that proclaimed, "Inspected by Number 52". It is only nature to be experimental in matters of the heart, no?

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Buttercup said:

he should check out michels thread, it has some interesting ideas about things to do with a puncture repair kit....

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
I'd meet my wife 20 years earlier. That would have given me 20 more years to spend the the most wonderful woman I have ever met.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
jeffrey said:
I'd meet my wife 20 years earlier. That would have given me 20 more years to spend the the most wonderful woman I have ever met.

I thought about this too Jeffrey because I didn't meet Rick till just 8 years ago. And we have talked about how nice it would have been to have met 20 years ago and have had kids togehter. But, honestly, I don't know if I would have appreciated him like I do now. When you go through hell and then you are presented with something really good, you tend to appreciate it more. At least that's my take on it.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Buttercup said:

How is it possible not to pine for all the beautiful women who could only wave their beautiful hankies from the piers of life as one's ship put to sea? It would be barbaric not to pine, no?

Buttercup said:
My advice to you is to get ANOTHER vinyl friend. Perhaps if you have two fine ladies by your side the longing will ease up a bit. ;)

TWO! Mon Dieu! But I am 49! The foreplay alone might kill me.

Buttercup said:
Maybe you could buy Ms. Latex a cute little French maid outfit to satisfy your foreign cravings.

Who is to say she does not already have a cute petite French maid's outfit? Ah, Madam Buttercup, you have perhaps underestimated the extent to which your Sunstone's companion is knowledgable in the fashions of love.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
standing_alone said:
Regrets...

We all have them.

So what's your biggest regret?
Not being able to learn Drums as a kid. I used to sit on the kitchen floor and bang pots and pans... until I got smacked too many times. Apparently drums are loud or something?

Anyway, I don't wanna reverse that. I'm just going to get into now.

Booko

Deviled Hen
ChrisP said:
Not being able to learn Drums as a kid. I used to sit on the kitchen floor and bang pots and pans... until I got smacked too many times. Apparently drums are loud or something?

Sheesh, couldn't she have just sent you into the basement or outside???

My mom-in-law used to just open up the tupperware cabinet and invite the kids to do whatever they wanted. Tupperware doesn't make quite as much noise, which is probably better, but it does make enough to be fun.

What a great idea that was!

No one *ever* got smacked at her house for banging on anything. Her living room was filled with amps, guitars, piano, drum sets. No wonder it was the neighborhood hangout.

I still remember the first time I visted what would be my future husband's house. There were lots of teenagers in the house, building the band float, and my mom-in-law was yelling "turn up the music! I can't hear it!"

We never would dream of smacking our kids for doing anything remotely "musical." <shudder>

My dining room has 2 synths & amp, that I can disguise as a buffet table when we have large groups of people to feed. I have an old dining room table we got from a flea market years ago, and while I've thought about getting a "nice" one, the truth is that's our table where I sew, we paint miniatures, and generally make a mess, so I just keep a vinyl tablecloth over the thing and don't worry about it. If I"m entertaining, I just toss the nice tablecloth over it. Who would know it's a piece of junk? The legs look fine. :)

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
ChrisP said:

This could have deen your theme song

Todd Rundgren › Bang The Drum All Day

I don’t want to work
I want to bang on the drum all day
I don’t want to play
I just want to bang on the drum all day

Ever since I was a tiny boy
I don’t want no candy
I don’t need no toy
I took a stick and an old coffee can
I bang on that thing ’til I got
Blisters on my hand because

When I get older they think I’m a fool
The teacher told me I should stay after school
She caught me pounding on the desk with my hands
But my licks was so hot
I made the teacher wanna dance
And that’s why

Listen to this
Every day when I get home from work
I feel so frustrated
The boss is a jerk
And I get my sticks and go out to the shed
And I pound on that drum like it was the boss’s head
Because

I can bang that drum
Hey, you wanna take a bang at it?
I can do this all day

Booko

Deviled Hen
OK, so after days of consideration, I find I pretty much come down where Buttercup does.

I've done my share of rotten things in my life, and can wish I hadn't, but pretty much I've either done what I could to make amends, or it's not possible to make amends.

I think it's good to remember mistakes, because otherwise I would repeat them. But to dwell on them excessively seems to hold people back. imo, that's why "forgiveness" is so important, and it's also necessary to forgive ourselves sometimes, and move on with life remembering, "uh, that's wasn't a good idea, so don't do it again."

I admit I shamelessly swiped an idea from Judaism years ago that I have found very helpful. Before Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement) you're supposed to reflect on things you've done in the past year that were mistakes. Where possible, you try to make amends and ask forgiveness of the person you've wronged. If you ask three times and they refuse, then it's on them...you did what you could. Sometimes if you can't make amends, then you can do something charitable in the name of the person you wronged.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share this idea, because I've found it so helpful.