• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's Wrong With Teen Nudity?

Is there anything wrong with teen nudity?

• Total voters

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Victor said:
When I was a teenager I would lie my teeth off to "hit that bootie". To me, that is unstable. Nothing thus far has shown me that teenagers nowadays are any different. Yes, some are mature, but I think most aren't.

ok, i see - i think i agree, and those few who are mature enough to be involved, are mature enough to wait ;)

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Victor said:
When I was a teenager I would lie my teeth off to "hit that bootie". To me, that is unstable. Nothing thus far has shown me that teenagers nowadays are any different. Yes, some are mature, but I think most aren't.

This is due to the human body being kept covered in the first place, though. Anything kept "in the closet" is going to be obsessed over, especially something as natural as sex and nudity. Our culture also associates nudity with sex, since the only time someone else sees another person naked is during a sexual situation (except in domestic situations).

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Mike182 said:
ok, my concidered opinion on this:

1) above 16, no problems with any sort of nudity in any way.
2) below 16? that's difficult - sex is readily accessable to any person who knows how to use a computer to do a google search, and is interested in seeing sex- so that's the majority of the population over the age 13. teens do see sex, but i think 16 is the right age allowance to start experiencing sex - so i think nudist resorts should be age restricted to 16.

I my own experience with teen nudity is mostly limited to teens over the age of 16, so I've little first hand experience of dealing with anyone under 16, but I can't agree with you, Mike, that resorts should be age limited. The resorts I go to are all family oriented and there are people of all ages at them. While I'd be very reluctant to take a group of 13 year olds to a resort, I wouldn't see anything wrong with their families taking them to a resort. Just my opinion.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Sunstone said:
I my own experience with teen nudity is mostly limited to teens over the age of 16, so I've little first hand experience of dealing with anyone under 16, but I can't agree with you, Mike, that resorts should be age limited. The resorts I go to are all family oriented and there are people of all ages at them. While I'd be very reluctant to take a group of 13 year olds to a resort, I wouldn't see anything wrong with their families taking them to a resort. Just my opinion.
i just don't see where the choice is :shrug:

i know i'd hate my mum and dad if they took me to a nudist resort - what ever age i was at, be it 8 or 15. you are kind of working on the assumption that the people there are consenting to be there - that the younger family members have not raised objections, what if those objections have been ignored? kinda reminds me of the old "what? my child can't swim? well then, let's throw him into the deep end until he learns how to" attitude. i'm not saying you have that attitude, but if the parents have no problems with nudism, and want to go to a nudist resort - but the child objects, but has no say in the matter, but is taken along anyway - where is their protection?

for me, it really does just boil down to choice - and i don't think anyone under 16 is able to make the choice to go nuddy or not. i'd just rather be safe than sorry.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I expect that in families who frequent actual resorts the children are raised with casual nudity and think nothing of it.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Mike182 said:
i just don't see where the choice :shrug:

i know i'd hate my mum and dad if they took me to a nudist resort - what ever age i was at, be it 8 or 15. you are kind of working on the assumption that the people there are consenting to be there - that the younger family members have not raised objections, what if those objections have been ignored? kinda reminds me of the old "what? my child can't swim? well then, let's throw him into the deep end until he learns how to" attitude. i'm not saying you have that attitude, but if the parents have no problems with nudism, and want to go to a nudist resort - but the child objects, but has no say in the matter, but is taken along anyway - where is their protection?

for me, it really does just boil down to choice - and i don't think anyone under 16 is able to make the choice to go nuddy or not. i'd just rather be safe than sorry.

You're correct. I am assuming the parents are good enough parents that they listen to and respect thier kids feelings about this thing.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Sunstone said:
You're correct. I am assuming the parents are good enough parents that they listen to and respect thier kids feelings about this thing.

i suspect that in general, the parents who would take their kids to a nudist resort would be open-minded enough and good enough parents to listen to their kids - but that is a conciderable area of risk in my oppinion.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Seyorni said:
I expect that in families who frequent actual resorts the children are raised with casual nudity and think nothing of it.

A friend of mine who was raised in a family that frequented a resort from the time he was very little told me that around puberty he became modest and took to wearing a swimsuit at the clothing optional resort. But a bit later he went back to nudity. Both decisions were his own without any pressure from his family to behave one way or the other.

Tigress

Working-Class W*nch.
Mike182 said:
i know i'd hate my mum and dad if they took me to a nudist resort - what ever age i was at, be it 8 or 15.
Sure you would, as the person you are, or were. However, had you been raised nudist, your perspective may be a different one.

you are kind of working on the assumption that the people there are consenting to be there - that the younger family members have not raised objections, what if those objections have been ignored? kinda reminds me of the old "what? my child can't swim? well then, let's throw him into the deep end until he learns how to" attitude. i'm not saying you have that attitude, but if the parents have no problems with nudism, and want to go to a nudist resort - but the child objects, but has no say in the matter, but is taken along anyway - where is their protection?

Obviously it would be a concern if the parents ignored their child's wishes to not participate. However, I feel your overall view is clouded somewhat by who you are at this moment, ignoring perhaps, as I stated before, the fact that if you were someone else--someone raised nudist, perhaps--your perspective may be a different one. Not to mention that your argument can also be used with regards to religion, amoung other things.

wicca_woman

831...J&J
FOR THOSE WHO CAN HANDLE IT (AND TEHY ARE IN A SECURE ENVIROMENT) I SAY GO FOR IT ! FOR THOSE OF US THAT WERE MOLESTED AND RAPED (WHICH DEFINATELY CHANGES SOMEONE'S PERSPECTIVE OF THEMSELF) I SAY DO WHAT YOU'RE COMFY WITH:cool::p

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Keep in mind that conventions of dress and what is considered shocking is entirely cultural. It's something you pick up from your parents, friends, &c. It wasn't that long ago that a knee-high dress was considered risque, if not illegal. When bras were invented in the early 20th century wearing one instantly labeled you as a tart. Fifty years later the situation was almost reversed.

No convention of dress or undress is intrinsically immodest or provocative. It's all a matter of what you're familiar with. Anyone can "handle" anything they're used to.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Sunstone said:
Hema, I just changed your vote from yes to no.

Thank you but I can't remember which one I chose. I meant to say that there IS something wrong with teen nudity. Sorry for any mix-up. :eek: