• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's Wrong With Not Liking Homosexuality??

Anti-World

Good question. A few more to add to it:
Why do homosexuals have greater protection in law? (Through hate crimes)
Why are we forced to accept homosexuality? (anti-discrimination laws)
Why are they given tax breaks? (And, more importantly, why don't other sexual deviants?)

The majority of people in the united states have a fetish for acceptance of everyone. What if my religious views tell me not to be tolerant? All the sudden I'm suppose to live by *your* rules? Yes, as a matter of fact that's what is happening.
This is why tolerance kills freedom.

I despise homosexuality. It is immoral and disgusting. However, I wouldn't make it illegal. I wouldn't give myself advantages over homosexuals. I wouldn't have the law punish any sexual deviancy. That is *not* the governments job.
We have basic human rights that should *always* be protected by our government. These rights are: the right to live, the right to own property, and the right to speak freely. No matter our religion, gender, age, personality, physical characteristics, race, color, or sexual preference, these rights should be protected by the government.
Our government should be a catylist for the communication and development of morality.
Instead, our government has become a catylist for ambiguity and indifference.

I am *not* tolerant of homosexuality. I do *not* like it. Homosexuality is immoral.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Well, what say you, penguino, does ~(+)~ express your opposition to homosexuality? Do you agree with that post?

Smoke

Done here.
I've notice that those of the religious right seem to be obsessed with homosexuality, like it is some kind of bubonic plague.
I think some of them are afraid they'll catch it, or that somebody will find out they already have "caught" it. :D

There's no doubt that they're obsessed with homosexuality. Hell, they're more interested in homosexuality than I am.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I don't "like" homosexuality much either, but it's not really due to my faith; I've just never found it appealing. In the same breath though, I like olives (A LOT) and my girlfriend hates them. I guess we can't date anymore?
It just means when you go to a restaurant and your meals come with olives, you get hers too! Everyone wins!

I like that viewpoint. What is the rest of the saying, 'it takes a Village' to... what?

"It takes a village to raise a child."

I disagree with Rick's viewpoint on this issue. IMO, a child is a person, with all the rights that come with that status. As a society, we recognize the parents as guardians and stewards of childrens' rights and well-being. However, when a parent acts in ways that are harmful to the child, or goes against what the child would want as a fully capable adult, then I don't think it's unreasonable to protect the rights of the child over the parents' right to be bad parents. It's a tricky balance, but kids aren't just property for parents to do with as they please.

This may vary a bit depending where you live, but at least around here, hate crimes against any identifiable group are illegal. If you assault someone because they're gay, it's a hate crime. If you assault someone because they're a straight Christian, it's a hate crime too.

Because it's the right thing to do.

Why are they given tax breaks? (And, more importantly, why don't other sexual deviants?)
What on earth are you talking about here?

The majority of people in the united states have a fetish for acceptance of everyone. What if my religious views tell me not to be tolerant? All the sudden I'm suppose to live by *your* rules? Yes, as a matter of fact that's what is happening.
You do not have the freedom to infringe on the rights of others.

I despise homosexuality. It is immoral and disgusting. However, I wouldn't make it illegal. I wouldn't give myself advantages over homosexuals. I wouldn't have the law punish any sexual deviancy. That is *not* the governments job.
We have basic human rights that should *always* be protected by our government. These rights are: the right to live, the right to own property, and the right to speak freely. No matter our religion, gender, age, personality, physical characteristics, race, color, or sexual preference, these rights should be protected by the government.
Our government should be a catylist for the communication and development of morality.

I am *not* tolerant of homosexuality. I do *not* like it. Homosexuality is immoral.
It might be good to remember that many people likely find the views you've expressed here as disgusting as you find homosexuality. The protections that you have a problem with when given to homosexuals also protect you as well.

agent_smith

I evolved.
Well of course we can help it. All we have to do is live without sex for the rest of our lives. Would you have a problem with that?
I don't have any problem with homosexuals... I don't *like* homosexuality, but I have no intention to stop it.

Perhaps you should ask a theist who believes all homosexuals will burn in hell forever and ever.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

I think ignorance is immoral, especially willful ignorance.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Ask any psychiatrist. Homosexuality is not considered to be a sexual deviance. Get your facts straight before you begin to label and bash people, please.

gnomon

How magnanimous of you.

Jeremiah

I despise homosexuality. It is immoral and disgusting.

"Gay teens have significantly higher rates of both attempts and thoughts of suicide. In his study on gay teen suicide, Patrick Healy concluded that gay teens are "five times more likely to attempt suicide than their heterosexual peers"(2001). As reported in "Lesbian News", "these youth account for 35% of the American population and 15% of all suicide deaths"(Ocamb 2001). Of the 4,000 students who were surveyed in 1997, 40 percent out of the 10 percent of high school students who attempted suicide were gay. For many gay teens their everyday existence can cause severe psychological damage."

Gay Teen Suicide

This happens because of people like you. I hope you are proud of yourself.

Smoke

Done here.
"Gay teens have significantly higher rates of both attempts and thoughts of suicide. In his study on gay teen suicide, Patrick Healy concluded that gay teens are "five times more likely to attempt suicide than their heterosexual peers"(2001). As reported in "Lesbian News", "these youth account for 35% of the American population and 15% of all suicide deaths"(Ocamb 2001). Of the 4,000 students who were surveyed in 1997, 40 percent out of the 10 percent of high school students who attempted suicide were gay. For many gay teens their everyday existence can cause severe psychological damage."

Gay Teen Suicide

This happens because of people like you.
Exactly.

I hope you are proud of yourself.
It's hard to be humble when the Source and Ground of all being shares your opinion on everything. :rolleyes:

Penguino, would you feel the same way about the following hypothetical person called Brad:

"I am against Hindus. I am against children. I am against anybody who isn't white. I am against people who live in London.

Also...

There is nothing wrong with me believing any of these things.

Also...

No Hindu, child, non-white or Londoner is allowed to find my belief in these things offensive. "

No, i'd hate the guy honestly. But this is not the same by any means. That is an downright hate expression, this isn't.

rheff78

I'm your huckleberry.
I've notice that those of the religious right seem to be obsessed with homosexuality, like it is some kind of bubonic plague. Sad that some people can't accept other's sexual preferences, and accord them their right to privacy.

Right to privacy huh? Then tell them to keep it private and stop focing it down everyone's throat (no pun intended).