• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's with...

Every time I visited a different ward in my locality, they all seem to have that same drab green carpeting... >__> What's with the green carpet?
:D

Sometimes I wish there was a 'meetinghouse makeover' kind of thing... :rolleyes:

ripplecutbuddha

LDS Newbie..to this *****
It's a pretty common thing. The bulk of the reason is budgetary. You see, when you buy something it costs a certain amount. However, if you buy that same something, but in very large volumes, the cost goes down. (think 'bulk discount')

The meetinghouses are built very well with very good materials, but it is all done with donated tithing funds directly from the membership of the church itself. So being a little frugal here and there is respectful towards their sacrifice, as well as just a smart thing to do.