• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's wholesome sex?

Original Freak

I am the ORIGINAL Freak
From another thread NJCL stated...

im quite sure as long as your relationship leads to marriage or your married then god does not mind you doing yourself to death............lol............though i refer to wholesome sex not the filth pandered about by todays society..about being childlike well "be children in returning evil but adults discerning evil" or something like that...duh
My question is...what do people constitute as wholesome sex, and what's filth or perverted sex? (We will make the assumption it's just you and a consenting partner.)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Original Freak said:

My question is...what do people constitute as wholesome sex, and what's filth or perverted sex? (We will make the assumption it's just you and a consenting partner.)
IMO, wholesome sex is an expression of love with my wife, without the need for any 'additives';)

Original Freak

I am the ORIGINAL Freak
...but can you 'show your love for your wife' in different ways (read positions), or is that no longer a wholesome and caring way of 'showing your love'

Edit--> I don't mean to get too personal and I'm not asking for examples or am I regering to what acutally happens in your relationship but your views on what is considered acceptable.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Original Freak said:

IMO, wholesome sex is any sex that strengthens the relationship between partners, and promotes the physical and emotional well-being of both. Unwholesome sex is any sex that estranges the partners from each other, and degrades either participant physically or emotionally.

I am open to the possibility that there is sex that is truly neutral - that neither affirms nor harms the participants - and one might do it just for pleasure the way that one eats chocolate. I wouldn't call that unwholesome, but I do think that many people - especially the women that I know - think that they can have casual sex without feeling degraded afterwards, but from what I see they can't. Honestly, I have several female friends who keep doing this, getting hurt, saying that they'll never do it again, and then going it again. :( I consider that to be unwholesome sex, tho I don't think that it merits condemning. They create their own "punishment."

In any case, what's wholesome and unwholesome is ultimately left up to the individual's conscience to decide.

ayani

lilithu said:
IMO, wholesome sex is any sex that strengthens the relationship between partners, and promotes the physical and emotional well-being of both. Unwholesome sex is any sex that estranges the partners from each other, and degrades either participant physically or emotionally.
agreed, lilith. anything that causes suffering, confusion, or conflict can't be "wholesome".

njcl

to me penetration of your wifes backside is against nature and unclean but thats my personal view im ok with the other things though but prefer the missionary position as this seems the most natural

Ori

Angel slayer
njcl said:
to me penetration of your wifes backside is against nature and unclean but thats my personal view im ok with the other things though but prefer the missionary position as this seems the most natural
Thats good news.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
njcl said:
i don't know if it's the most natural position....i know it's the least stimulating for the female...

Ori

Angel slayer
The only unnatural sex act is that which you cannot perform.
Alfred C. Kinsey

Original Freak

I am the ORIGINAL Freak
njcl said:
I kind of get the impressin that 'doggy style' is more of a natural position as it's the one you'll see most animals do and I imagine our ancestors did like the primates of today.

Fluffy

A fool
Sex is not immoral between 2 consenting partners. Sleeping around is just as "wholesome" as sleeping with your partner but I think due regard for the others feelings is a must when the latter is considered.

njcl

you can jump off the wardrobe onto your wife for me as iv nothing against any positional sex,im not happy with things like women wearing suspenders and such though as its titillating and sensual just my opinion