• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the Best Scientific Evidence found in your Religion?

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Pull out a 10th grade science book and everything about my religion can be found in it.

Then walk outside and look at everything around you and you can find my religion

Sculelos

I like this Verse

Remember that this was written 4,800 years ago.

Enoch:
CHAP. 18.—And I saw the repositories of all the winds, and I saw how he had
ornamented all the creation and the foundations of the earth with them. 2. And I saw the
corner-stone of the earth, and I saw the four winds which support the earth and the
firmament of the heavens. 3. And I saw how the winds expand the heights of the heavens;
and they remained between heaven and earth, and they are pillars of heaven. 4. And I saw
the winds which turn the heavens, which lead down the course of the sun and all the stars.
5. And I saw the winds upon the earth which carry the clouds, and I saw the paths of the
angels; I saw at the end of the earth the firmament of the heavens above. 6. And I proceeded
towards the south; and it burns day and night there where seven hills of precious stones are,
three towards the east, three towards the south. 7. But of those towards the east, one of
colored stone, one of pearls, and one of antimony; and those towards the south of red stone.
8. But the middle one reached up to heaven, like the throne of God, of alabaster, and the
summit of the throne of sapphire. 9. And I saw a burning fire which was in all the hills. 10.
And there I saw a place, beyond the great earth; there the waters collected. 11. And I saw
a great abyss in the earth, with columns of heavenly fire; and I saw among them columns of
heavenly fire, which fall. and are without number, either towards the height or towards the
depth. 12. And over that abyss I saw a place which had no firmament of heaven above it,
and no foundation of earth beneath it, and no water above it, and no birds upon it; it was a
void place. 13. And there I saw a terrible thing: seven stars, like great burning mountains and
like spirits, that petitioned me. 14. The angel said: “This is the place of the consummation
of heaven and earth; it is a prison for the stars of heaven, and for the host of heaven. 15. And
the stars that roll over the fire are they who have transgressed the command of God before
their rising, because they did not come forth in their time. 16. And he was enraged at them,
and bound them till the time of the consummation of their sins in the year of the mystery.”
1005992_478093942274656_809368503_n.jpg

yoda89

On Xtended Vacation
Yoda,
I disagree that religion demands blind faith that ignores logic.

Newtons First law of motion:
I. Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to remain in that state of motion unless an external force is applied to it.

There are things in the Quran that are quite logical.Such as drinking is bad. This is logically because it can be seen by many. Abstaining from it may indeed be a good choice by oneself. However you do not need to tell a book to tell you this. There are logically lessons of governance and these likely held some value for a brief period. Yet most of these lessons are outdated. They must have evolved in to meet the demands of society the western world. Resulting in picking and choosing what is still relevant. Some of which you many or may not agree on.

I do not felt it necessary to go into supernatural situations because we will most lekely disagree and derail from this topic thread. However to believe in this supernatural causes one to suspend logic.

how do scientifically explain how the universe, our existence, the perfect harmony of nature came about from NOTHING? Logic dictates there had to have been an EXTERNAL force which set the wheels in motion.

I do not know the origins of the universe yet we constantly are still seeking it. We have discovered the origins of mankinds development through evolution which explains a great deal of things. It is often tempting to look at the complexieties that do surround us and determine there must have been a designer. This need not be the case. We came about through a great external force of survival of the fittest know as evolution. If you look at it I am assured that you will see how lucky you and I are to be where we are.

Perhaps the word "religion" is not the best term here. I'm speaking of the existence of a supreme creator. A master designer who created something out of nothing by applying an external force. To me, it's more logical that there is a creator than the idea that nothing magically turned into something, which then turned into everything.

Again, complexities are easily referred do as a designer. We see ourselves creating cameras, cars and Internet forums. Thus what we see and yet to do not understand often go into the category of God. Yet many unknowns have been discovered. They are caused by natural process and soon more and more will be. Until they are proven without a reasonable doubt. Unlike God simply created it.

And to those who are ruled by science. I say science and mathematics are flawed. There must be a beginning and an end in science. There must be parameters. But when it comes to existence, there can be no beginning or end. Its impossible. And science has no explanation for the concept of infinity. We humans are not as smart as we think. We can't even explain our own existence.

If science and mathematics become wrong there is admittance of these falsehoods. We thus learn from our mistakes and change our views. Historical texts cannot be changed without veering from as many claim the truth on many things.Again we do not claim to know the truth. Yet, there is passion in discovery which drives us. These beliefs all to often get in the way.

Last edited:

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
There are things in the Quran that are quite logical.Such as drinking is bad. This is logically because it can be seen by many. Abstaining from it may indeed be a good choice by oneself. However you do not need to tell a book to tell you this. There are logically lessons of governance and these likely held some value for a brief period. Yet most of these lessons are outdated. They must have evolved in to meet the demands of society the western world. Resulting in picking and choosing what is still relevant. Some of which you many or may not agree on.

http://www.religiousforums.com/foru...s-wisdom-why-divinity-should.html#post3449998

read this new thread i made