• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's Right With Religion?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
What are the main things you consider right about your religion? What about it is of most value to you?

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
What are the main things you consider right about your religion?
Firstly, that it is true. Secondly, that it encourages the good and discourages the bad in human nature.

What about it is of most value to you?
Its truth.

cardero

Citizen Mod
What's Right With Religion?
The right and the freedom to believe but I do not understand why one has to become organized to do this.

The right to interpret one's own REALationship with GOD but I do not understand why one has to become organized to do this.

The right and freedom to give and share and to enact acts of kindness but I do not understand why one has to become organized to do this.

rojse

RF Addict
I do not have a religion - I am an aetheist. However, I have no end of respect for any person, regardless of their religious persuasion, who spends their free time assisting in charity work to help the disadvantaged, such as the poor or homeless, without involving their religion into it.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
The building of relationships, the connecting of humanity, and the sharing of ourselves with one another.

Yerda

Veteran Member
What are the main things you consider right about your religion? What about it is of most value to you?
If I can be said to have a religion, it's all my own. It would hold no value in supernatural claims and rejects unverifiable claims not for being wrong but being nonsensical. That seems right to me.

Blindinglight

Disciple of Chaos
Some people do need the guidance religion provides, as it is comparable to a school. You learn different aspects, different values, and eventually we leave religion and begin our own search.
Unfortuanly, many in this society use religion as a crutch, and are afraid to let go.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Sunstone writes: What are the main things you consider right about your religion? What about it is of most value to you?

Jaiket writes: If I can be said to have a religion, it's all my own.

I would have to agree. No followers means that nobody can misrepresent Patrickism. I do not have a sordid history and I haven’t done anything to bring reproach upon my religion.

Haydaman

Monkey In A Suit
Well I'm an atheist...so yeah I don't believe in God. I only have a problem with religion when it's forced upon me, or people say that it(most of the time) encourages all the good in humans.