• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's in your cup?

We Never Know

No Slack
When you life shakes you, what spills out?

IMG_20230120_212353.jpg

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
When you life shakes you, what spills out?

View attachment 70819
Biblical counterpart:
24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.
25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.
26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand.
27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”

same problems, same difficulties - different results.

I used the example this last Sunday in my message using a bottle of water and a bottle of sprite.

Both got shaken (the problems that hit us) - the difference between spewing and spraying everyone around you or not is what is on the inside of the person and not what is happening to you because it happens to everyone.

(of course, I changed the sprite with water before the service which the front row realized after they got up and ran because they didn't know)

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Despite the op it would be coffee.

But when life gets tough it's usually frustration that spills and a few choice swear words.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I have no cup.

Most walk through life carrying a cup trying to fill it with something they think will bring them joy and happiness and become upset when someone bumps into them and spills some of its contents.

Who told you that you had to carry this cup? Who told you the cup is a part of who you are? True bliss arises when one let's go of the cup.

Last edited: