• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's For Dinner?

SalixIncendium

Qur'an Reciting Transtheistic Mahdi Claimant
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm going to make a batch of saag (curried greens) this evening and portion it up for a meal tonight and for future meals. I'll add cheese cubes to it before serving with a side of basmati rice.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Had a busy day so a quick dinner will be pasta bolognese. The pasta is fusili, takes 11 minutes to cook. The sauce is from the freezer, about 5 minutes to defrost then warm it up.
Until I read that you had it made in the freezer I was thinking "How do you make a quick bolognese?

Meanwhile, last night I had "Mom's fried chicken". Chicken legs peeled and then floured and spiced. Pan fried in just a bit of butter so one has to turn it every now and then. Boiled potatoes that are then riced. And of course a white gravy from the pan drippings. I took the bag with my flour and seasonings for the chicken and mixed that in the drippings to make a roux. Then some water from the boiled potatoes to start the gravy once the flour had absorbed all of the oil and cooked just a little bit. And finally milk so it was a white gravy. That goes over the riced potatoes and I could eat just that and be happy. Frozen peas as vegetable.

And since the chicken was cheep cheep I bought a lot. More tonight. Maybe Tandoori chicken with dahl and of course basmati rice.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I changed my mind last night. Tonight I had tandoori chicken, dahl, basamati rice and naan. I used this recipe for the chicken:

And winged it on the dahl. I looked at several different recipes for basic amounts and spices. Both were fantastic.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Microwave popcorn.

I'm expecting meals to be getting less and less complex. Its getting nice and its harder to get the kids to come inside(and if they're out, I have to be, too).

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Chicken breast (or vegetable palets for the veggie member of the family), chips (fries) and peas.
Followed by home made cherry scones.

Simple, quick and I've got nothing else suitable in until tomorrows shopping trip.