• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would you ask Elaine Pagels?

roger1440

I do stuff
Tonight I had attended a lecture conducted by professor Elaine Pagels. After the lecture she had answered questions asked by the audience. If you had the opportunity to ask her a question in person, what would you ask her? As for me I didn't ask her any questions. I didn't want to stand before over 500 people sound like an idiot. I guess I'm a little shy in front of large groups of people. During her book signing I did ask her, "What's your take on the Gospel of Jesus's Wife?" There wasn't much she could say about it. Nearly nothing is known about the fragemnt. If I had the opportunity I would have pumped her with tons of questions. What would you had asked her?

Biblical scholar Elaine Pagels draws parallels with ‘Revelations’ in Morristown
Biblical scholar Elaine Pagels draws parallels with ‘Revelations’ in Morristown : Morristown Green

Renji

First, I don't know who Elaine Pagels is, I dunno, maybe because she's not that known in Asia??Jk... Perhaps I'll ask her of what she considers as the 'pillar of truth'..

roger1440

I do stuff
First, I don't know who Elaine Pagels is, I dunno, maybe because she's not that known in Asia??Jk... Perhaps I'll ask her of what she considers as the 'pillar of truth'..
You have no idea who Elaine Pagels yet you want to contribute this this thread. It would have been very helpful if you spent a few minutes searching her name on the internet. Hundreds of web sites would have came up including videos and audio recordings. Also many book reviews are available.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Tonight I had attended a lecture conducted by professor Elaine Pagels. After the lecture she had answered questions asked by the audience. If you had the opportunity to ask her a question in person, what would you ask her? As for me I didn't ask her any questions. I didn't want to stand before over 500 people sound like an idiot. I guess I'm a little shy in front of large groups of people. During her book signing I did ask her, "What's your take on the Gospel of Jesus's Wife?" There wasn't much she could say about it. Nearly nothing is known about the fragemnt. If I had the opportunity I would have pumped her with tons of questions. What would you had asked her?

Biblical scholar Elaine Pagels draws parallels with ‘Revelations’ in Morristown
Biblical scholar Elaine Pagels draws parallels with ‘Revelations’ in Morristown : Morristown Green
I'd probably give her a fist bump for her nice book 'The Origin of Satan', among others, and then ask her what topics she's planning on exploring next.

I guess I'd be interested in what her current metaphysical beliefs or lackthereof are.

roger1440

I do stuff
I'd probably give her a fist bump for her nice book 'The Origin of Satan', among others, and then ask her what topics she's planning on exploring next.

I guess I'd be interested in what her current metaphysical beliefs or lackthereof are.
I haven't read "The Origin of Satan". About 25 years ago I bought "The Gnostic Gospels". Since then I bought "Adam, Eve and the Serpent", "Reading Judas" and "Revelations". On the way home last night from the lecture, I told my friend in the car, "I should have asked Elaine Pagels what is she planning on writting about next".