• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would it be like to hear nature?

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
I'm watching a K-Drama called Bride of the Water God, and this girl is hearing ants (which talk about how little food there is at her place), potted plants (most of which tell her to give them water already), and even oranges in the fridge (they talk about how Koreans can't pronounce "orange" right).

Would there be food you wouldn't eat? Places you wouldn't go? Thoughts on this.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I'm watching a K-Drama called Bride of the Water God, and this girl is hearing ants (which talk about how little food there is at her place), potted plants (most of which tell her to give them water already), and even oranges in the fridge (they talk about how Koreans can't pronounce "orange" right).

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

But on a serious note, all you have to do to "hear" Nature is to open your heart and quiet your mind.

Erebus

I always imagined wasps just letting loose a constant stream of insults as they buzz in your face.

Onoma

I've noticed over the years of befriending wild squirrels, that they listen incredibly well. I've seen this demonstrated when defining boundaries in my house ( Where they are allowed to go VS where they are not ), but also noticed they are very alert to the alarm calls of many types of birds.

Squirrel will be there sitting on my desk, all of a sudden their ears perk up as they hear an alarm call from any number of birds, and they scamper out the window to a fencepost, tail flicking madly as they look around

I learned that if I in turn go and stick my head out the window and look around too, this is a type of bonding ritual ( being a " lookout buddy " ) that helps strengthen the friendship with the squirrel

Helps remind me I am not separate from nature or prevented from hearing it, but also that nature is probably listening to us as well

I've played Bach for squirrels by putting a little speaker out on the windowsill, and seen them lay down in front of the speaker with their eyes closed

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
You can tell it’s a lyrebird because the volume stays consistent through a range of different calls. I’ve heard them doing four or five different species in a row.
The most interesting call I heard sounded like a five year old girl laughing. It had me going for a while ...

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
You can tell it’s a lyrebird because the volume stays consistent through a range of different calls. I’ve heard them doing four or five different species in a row.
The most interesting call I heard sounded like a five year old girl laughing. It had me going for a while ...

A five year old laughing in the woods, that I can't see..... Yup, I'd, Nope out of there in a heartbeat.

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
But on a serious note, all you have to do to "hear" Nature is to open your heart and quiet your mind.

Sort of. I mean, I can intuit what certain creatures want and figure out how to steer clear of others. Someone mentioned wasps. Typically, they are more cautious and territorial than angry. Half the time, you're near their nests. You just kinda stand really still and move really slowly.

Still, I'd like to be able to carry out meaningful conversations with critters.

Would fruits and vegetables scream in agony as you bit into them?

I imagine plants have a slightly different mentality. But yeah, it might be a reason to go carnivorous (and only buy from the store).

Psalm23

I think it would be neat to talk to my pet cats and all sorts of animals much like doctor Dolittle in the movie. The talking foods would likely be a bit too much for me though if I could hear any creature talk it would likely freak me out at first. But still sounds like a cool superpower. :hearteyecat::blush:

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

Plants would cry -- they experience pain. It's something I don't like to think about, just as it breaks my heart that I eat meat.