• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would falsify the theory of evolution?

F1fan

Veteran Member
@Subduction Zone -- sorry about not going through all the messages, but am replying to one of your posts -- in reference to the order of things, which I call creation -- how is it that Moses knew a great deal about the order, such as first the earth being uninhabitable -- then waters putting forth living organisms -- then plants -- then animals? Was he a genius beyond explanation, or how do you think he knew?
Moses was not a historical person. Facts matter.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I believe the Bible when it says that it is spherical in shape, anyway photographs and life experiences tell me so, and by that I mean real life experiences, or reports from people that can be believed as far as I am concerned. But thanks anyway. Isaiah 40:22 speaks of a spherical or round earth, and yes -- decent minds and observation tell us so as well. But regardless of imprints ascribed by scientists to dinosaurs that must have in their minds evolved to be flying creatures, I believe they made it up. Who knows? (Do you?) Maybe some dinosaurs did have feathers. That doesn't mean they eventually evolved to fly, does it? (No, it doesn't. But obviously in some minds it does.)
The Bible does not say that. It says that the Earth is flat. You are misinterpreting those verses. You may need to brush up on your geometry. Circles are flat. And you cannot be "above" a spherical Earth. You can be above a flat Earth. There are other flat Earth verses too. When Satan took Jesus up to a high mountain to see all of the Earth is a flat Earth verse. You can only see a small percentage of the Earth from even the highest mountain. But if the Earth was flat a tall mountain would do.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Sorry but that is a failed analogy We do have evidence for bird evolution. There is no evidence for your strawman. It also appears that you may have gotten a hypothesis on the formation of the Moon wrong.
I'm no longer interested in philosophizing about evolution and what might have been. LOL about the moon. Might as well who knows? Maybe in the future the moon will evolve to have wings? (Why not?) OK, thanks you all again.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
YOU believe they are fictional. I no longer do. But again -- I thank you for expressing your opinion, I'm sure many even here would agree with you. I no longer do.
So you think you were a little cell. Just wondering. Did that little cell think? :) Once again, maybe that little cell that became YOU evolved to think during the time you were in your mother's womb? I do agree that a cell can grow (not evolve unless that's how you look at it) to become a human.

No, I know that they are fictional. It can be demonstrated how we know this. You believe because you refuse to learn.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
The Bible does not say that. It says that the Earth is flat. You are misinterpreting those verses. You may need to brush up on your geometry. Circles are flat. And you cannot be "above" a spherical Earth. You can be above a flat Earth. There are other flat Earth verses too. When Satan took Jesus up to a high mountain to see all of the Earth is a flat Earth verse. You can only see a small percentage of the Earth from even the highest mountain. But if the Earth was flat a tall mountain would do.
You can believe what you want to about the Bible. Anyway, either way, whether you believe it or not, there is a big meeting I hear going on in Egypt soon about trying to fix things on the earth before -- it -- collapses. It's about ready to fold in on itself. Now that's evolution for you. :)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You can believe what you want to about the Bible. Anyway, either way, whether you believe it or not, there is a big meeting I hear going on in Egypt soon about trying to fix things on the earth before -- it -- collapses. It's about ready to fold in on itself. Now that's evolution for you. :)
Oh my, you know that your Bible tells you not to do that.

Once again, it is not a mere belief. That is what you have/ If you cared to try to learn you could have knowledge too. All you have is mere belief. And oddly you believe that God is a liar, though you do not realize it.

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
Was the earth alive before whatever happened by sea or space travel to start life on the earth?
Planets are not living things in the strict sense. They can support life or at least this one does. Before there was life here, it was just a geologically active planet.

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
If the planet was folding in on itself, that would be geology. And gravity. Except that we don't have a fully fledged theory of gravity, so maybe there is none and we are all going to whoosh off into space.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
In human theories.

Earth bases...a base is flat as it's created on the ground base. Earths dusts based.

O pi Phi a number doesn't exist as mass O is the only circular body. As law.

A humans teaching.

Numbers were human formatted to design a machine to destroy by the thinkers...human control who understood how to.

Not in any of the identification is a circle informed other than timed changed reactive positions in machine only controls. Pressure changes loss of mass itself more space opens. Hot mass or cold mass positions.

Changes in pressures.

As natural light above is a one of as a constant not a number.

Constant meaning had always been there and always will by human only living definition.

Humans lied.

The constant light above on earth only hadn't existed. In thesis theists lie against life. Just on earth as we aren't cosmic.

A human does not know how long earths heavens will burn for.

A lie about beginning.
A lie about end. As a theist.

By a human who is only a human in cosmic laws.

A teaching. Notified don't believe in theists just humans who use false idols...machines and gods and false preach...lying in theories. Versus natural conditions.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Theory of evolution...no cosmic law built a humans machine.

Another lie. Use of the theory of evolution today.

Cosmic law ended says theists on flat earth plane as dusts only etc.

Theist then lies says a sun star space alien built the first machine. I know. Machines. Machines are evolution...an outright lie.

Star mass theory a human used in human thought before he built machine himself. No alien in his theory evolution of a machine first.

Warned.

Then builds new machine presses button expects machine to work. Yet his excuse is I experiment in case it doesn't work.

Rich man says I put a lot of money into machine I expect my money to produce electricity. As if money is electricity.

Because design civilisation structures money system human was first. Design to get energy second.

Now owns a mixed up designers mind who said evolution was cooling only owning now only position by status how cooled it is. Just a theme not a thesis.

Mind use of words...scientists babble using symbols instead of words...consciousness.

The teaching. Scientists lie consciously.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I'm no longer interested in philosophizing about evolution and what might have been.
Well, told you so.
We have different epistemology and it's OK when you believe different.
But stating your belief as fact makes some people slightly angry. We have put thousands of hours and some also tens of thousands of dollars into our education. Some of us are or were active in research. We did the experiments.
Along comes a guy (it's usually a guy but not always) who read one book with stories, thought up in the bronze age, and tells us we are wrong. That kind of hubris creates angry atheists.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
You may say or claim that birds evolved from big or not-so-big dinosaurs, but that does not make it so

The mere claim does not make it so. Correct.
The evidence, however, does.

Here's a challenge:
come up with a definition for "dinosaurs" which includes ALL known dinosaurs and yet excludes birds, without explicitly adding "...but not birds".

You can't do it. Just like you can't come up with a definition of "mammal" which includes all mammals yet excludes humans.

The reason is simple: birds ARE dinosaurs. Just like humans ARE mammals.

, even if they find things that look like feathered imprints on their fossils

Is this your way of saying that you don't care about what evidence there is, you'll just keep on believing your a priori claims anyway?

Sure sounds like it.

That's almost like saying that earth came about from a piece of matter that flew off another planet while gravity was changing.

Not even remotely.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
You may say or claim that birds evolved from big or not-so-big dinosaurs, but that does not make it so, even if they find things that look like feathered imprints on their fossils. That's almost like saying that earth came about from a piece of matter that flew off another planet while gravity was changing.
So, according to you, having evidence of a thing, doesn't actually count as evidence for that thing. Okey dokey then. o_O

No wonder your posts sound so confused.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
It no longer matters to me what someone may quote from Wikipedia as if it's true about the claims regarding the order of organisms on the earth. Or evolution. (And I like Wikipedia.)
Here is what I believe. It doesn't have to make sense to you, it makes sense to me, regardless of what Wikipedia says::
Genesis 1:20 And God said, “Let the waters teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth in the open expanse of the sky.”
21 So God created the great sea creatures and every living thing that moves, with which the waters teemed according to their kinds, and every bird of flight after its kind. And God saw that it was good.22Then God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the waters of the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth.”23And there was evening, and there was morning--the fifth day.
(Birds and sea creatures on the FIFTH DAY)
Then livestock -- land crawlers -- and "beasts of the earth," etc.
24And God said, “Let the earth bring forth living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, land crawlers, and beasts of the earth according to their kinds.” And it was so. 25God made the beasts of the earth according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and everything that crawls upon the earth according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
And then, of course --
26Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness, to rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, and over all the earth itself and every creature that crawls upon it.”
Yes, I read that dinosaurs with feathers evolved to birds that fly with wings. Do you believe that?
Why should anyone care what the Bible has to say on matters of science? Especially when it gets it all wrong?