• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would be a good way for me (Amanaki) to change?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
My goal is not to vilfying anyone, but i do feel strongly against atheism, in my mind it destroy religion and Cultivation teaching. But people are of course allowed to think what they want, i dont try to stop anyone, i only Said my view.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
My goal is not to vilfying anyone, but i do feel strongly against atheism, in my mind it destroy religion and Cultivation teaching. But people are of course allowed to think what they want, i dont try to stop anyone, i only Said my view.
You asked what would be a good way you can try to change youtself, to become a better resource, friend, discussion partner for me in this forum. That’s my answer.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You asked what would be a good way you can try to change youtself, to become a better resource, friend, discussion partner for me in this forum. That’s my answer.
I know @Jim and i will become less aggressive toward Atheists. Maybe i stop replying to what i see as negative speech against spiritual lifestyle.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Maybe i stop replying to what i see as negative speech against spiritual lifestyle.
No. Start any threads you want to, about negative speech against your lifestyle. Then before you post, review what you wrote. Every time it ssys “atheists ...,” change that to “sometimes people ...” Every time it says “spiritual people,” change that to “me and people I’m in discussions with.” Every time it says “spiritual lifestyle,” say “our lifestyles.”

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
No. Start any threads you want to, about negative speech against your lifestyle. Then before you post, review what you wrote. Every time it ssys “atheists ...,” change that to “sometimes people ...” Every time it says “spiritual people,” change that to “me and people I’m in discussions with.” Every time it says “spiritual lifestyle,” say “our lifestyles.”
Why? What is wrong in calling someone atheists when they clearly speak about there is no God, that to me is a Sign they do not believe in God or any heavenly beings. Ergo they are atheists.
But yes there are people who are not sure, those people are mostly never the problem in a discussion

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
One thing you might try, is labeling your threads "Religious people only" and if atheists "attack", report it.

That's not to say I see atheists as a problem, though. I find their existence beneficial to my own Hindu spiritual path.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
One thing you might try, is labeling your threads "Religious people only" and if atheists "attack", report it.

That's not to say I see atheists as a problem, though. I find their existence beneficial to my own Hindu spiritual path.
Thank you @KAT-KAT i hope people do not think i want Atheists dead :) Not the people, but the idea of Atheism would be great if was gone (in my view) So i do not say others have to think or be like me :) The world would be very borning with only Amanaki`s here :D

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Thank you @KAT-KAT i hope people do not think i want Atheists dead :) Not the people, but the idea of Atheism would be great if was gone (in my view) So i do not say others have to think or be like me :) The world would be very borning with only Amanaki`s here :D

I see. Just remember there may be a few situations, like if there's ever a rise of Christian Fundamentalist 700 Club evangelical theocracy, where you wish you had atheism and strong atheists in the world.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I see. Just remember there may be a few situations, like if there's ever a rise of Christian Fundamentalist 700 Club evangelical theocracy, where you wish you had atheism and strong atheists in the world.
Extremists in any form aren't what we should have too much of, I know that a bit too well because some years ago I was an extremist my self, I was mad at anyone who was not like me. But luckily I come across some people who pulled me out of it, and made me more aware of my words hurt many people around me, So maybe the times in RF when I feel attacked or truly misunderstood on purpose, is just a payback for how I was some years ago? Maybe all the negative in my life has only been there for me to realize why it happens to me?

This thread makes me realize that most of the problems I faced in RF were created by my self. and maybe my responses to people haven't been made in a good way?
Maybe it isn't the Atheist's "fault" at all, but my own lack of understanding?

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Thank you @KAT-KAT i hope people do not think i want Atheists dead.
I don’t think that. What I think is that no amount of any kind of discussion will ever stop you from vilifying atheists, unless and until you move on to a different teacher.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I don’t think that. What I think is that no amount of any kind of discussion will ever stop you from vilifying atheists, unless and until you move on to a different teacher.
Do not put my teacher into this. This is my own thoughts and understanding. I have had this thought long before I become a student of Li Hongzhi.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I believe you. That doesn’t change what I said.
I know you have an aversion toward Falun Gong and our teacher, that is not something i can stop you from having, all i can do is give my understanding of the teaching, and yes i do i ask understanding on many areas within the teaching, but i am doing what i can to realize deeper wisdom.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I know you have an aversion toward Falun Gong and our teacher,
That’s true, but it doesn’t change what I said. I’m not trying to turn you away from your teacher. I just think that as long as you are following him, you will never stop vilifying atheists. I’m wondering now, is that part of what attracted you to him in the beginning? His teachings about atheists?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
That’s true, but it doesn’t change what I said. I’m not trying to turn you away from your teacher. I just think that as long as you are following him, you will never stop vilifying atheists. I’m wondering now, is that part of what attracted you to him in the beginning? His teachings about atheists?
No, my choice of following Li Hongzhi is only based on Cultivation purpose. There is very little Said about atheism in the teaching.