• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What will be the reaction when the Messiah comes?

Ori

Angel slayer
Will people believe him?
In answering this question I would prefer if you didn't use words from the various scriptures, but speak from your own heart.

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
orichalcum said:
Will people believe him?
In answering this question I would prefer if you didn't use words from the various scriptures, but speak from your own heart.
Are you talking about the Jewish Messiah that they believe is yet to come or the Second Coming of Christ? If the former, I don't think I can really offer much by way of comment. If the latter, however, I don't think that there'll be any opportunity not to believe Him. The Scriptures tell us His Second Coming will be quite different from the first and rather spectacularly obvious.

James

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
I've had this conversation before, with No*s amoungst others - Christians reckon the second coming will be very obvious, like Armageddon obvious, so people will have no choice but to believe him.

john313

warrior-poet
he will be born to a human couple like regular children, grow up like a regular child. he will teach others the truth about God and the truth about the message of the prophets. Most people will not believe, as the masses typically seem to reject the teachings of truth at first. he will be called a terrorist because he will be against corruption in government.

Lloyd

As a Baha'i this is an issue that really hits home for me.

Baha'u'llah taught that he was the return of Christ's spirit, the spirit of truth who will lead unto all truth from John's gospel. He came with a different body, different name, most of the same teachings and then a whole bunch of new ones that humanity hasn't been prepared for in the past. So speaking historically, people would/did respond with widespread disbelief and apathy. This is primarily a result of overreliance on literal interpretations of passages foretelling the return of Christ. For example, it's not the end of the physical world, just the end of the Christian era. In the same way, the "new heavens and the new earth" represent the coming of a new faith, a new round of divine revelation to replace the previous round.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
john313 said:
he will be born to a human couple like regular children, grow up like a regular child. he will teach others the truth about God and the truth about the message of the prophets. Most people will not believe, as the masses typically seem to reject the teachings of truth at first. he will be called a terrorist because he will be against corruption in government.
I would imagine the same scenario, but with the child being so incredible as to 'shine with Love' (Ouch I can hear the 'this bloke is nuts..from some of you')

He will not need to make himself know, because it will be obvious to all who he is. Those who sense the love will believe, and those who do not want to see the light won't.:)

njcl

the lords second coming??..............terrifying,hope im dead before it happens

almifkhar

i think that when this person reveils who and what he is that the people will try and kill him for they wont believe.

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
john313 said:
You're a Muslim aren't you? I thought Islam accepted that Christ was the Messiah and had already been? (I'm not sure if there's an Islamic equivalent to the Second Coming). In any case this is not at all the picture that the New Testament paints. The Second Coming will not be via a human birth like the first one but directly from Heaven (He will return in the same manner in which he left, as Scripture tells us) and it will be spectacular and unmistakeable. This is actually the big problem I have with many books, films and TV programmes dealing in some way with the end times -they portray another human birth (one such is an American programme called Revelations playing on British TV at the moment). I often wonder if their researchers ever thought that maybe they should open the covers of a Bible.

James

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
On the first coming he came into a world where it was the norm to believe in at least one God.
Today if he came, it would be to a world where perhaps a majority have no faith.

He will probably be regarded as mad. a swindler. a corruptive influence or a foreign agitator Etc. by most of the population.
How God gets round this we will just have to wait and see

Terry

Amen! Truly I say to you: Gather in my name. I am with you.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
until that person accomplishes the tasks set for the Moshiach we won't really know it's him...
When he does accomplish those things there will be no doubt it is him...
until then...i'll just keep living and waiting...

john313

warrior-poet
IacobPersul said:
You're a Muslim aren't you? I thought Islam accepted that Christ was the Messiah and had already been? (I'm not sure if there's an Islamic equivalent to the Second Coming). In any case this is not at all the picture that the New Testament paints. The Second Coming will not be via a human birth like the first one but directly from Heaven (He will return in the same manner in which he left, as Scripture tells us) and it will be spectacular and unmistakeable. This is actually the big problem I have with many books, films and TV programmes dealing in some way with the end times -they portray another human birth (one such is an American programme called Revelations playing on British TV at the moment). I often wonder if their researchers ever thought that maybe they should open the covers of a Bible.

James
The messiah, Jesus, has already been. But he left the earth through a natural death at the age of 120. He(his soul) is to return through rebirth in the end times, the rebirth of Elijah(his soul) will be here as well; almost like Jesus and John coming back again with different bodies. We will see the rebirth of Buloos ad-dajaal(antichrist) as well, but this time he will be killed by Jesus.
I am not familiar enough with revelations, is there anything saying he cannot be born into a new body and when the time is right he will be taken off into heaven for final preparations and then come down however he is supposed to? i need to read it to remove my veil of ignorance on that part of the book :).