• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What were you afraid to do, did it, and liked it?

martha

Was there ever something that you thought you would never, ever do and then you did it and had a blast?
A friend asked me one night long ago while I was having a couple of pints, if I would like to go up in a hot air balloon for my birthday. " Sure!" , I said. Well when the day came I was terrified. I have long believed that man was not meant to fly. Since the tickets were already paid for, I couldn't back out. Well, it was the most exillerating experience of my life!:woohoo: My friend took a video and the only words on the tape were from me saying as we took off, " Well there ain't no turnin back now Jack!" We flew over the meadows and watched the horses running below us and we reached out to touch the tree tops. The one scary thing was when my friend, while video taping reached his one hand and put it on this particular rope. The pilot quickly informed him, " You might want to move your hand away from that rope fella, 'cause if you pull it, the whole top of the baloon will open up!" Needless to say we moved him away from that side of the gondola. The chase team followed us from the ground and then we had to land. We came down right on the doorstep of a farmers house. All the people came running out of the house in their PJ's with cameras and we proceeded to pop a bottle of bubbly and had a lovely toast. Then we had to roll up the baloon. If you ever have a chance to go up in a hot air baloon, by all means do so.

The only other thing I did was fly to Egypt and while there rode a camel named Moses across the desert. Boy those suckers can move!! If you don't have the rythym of the ride I can tell you, your backside will pay the price! Mine did.
There are mine, now tell us yours.

Hope

Princesinha
Wow, Martha, I am sooo jealous! I would love to fly in a hot-air balloon---it's kind of a dream of mine, to do it someday. :D

When I was younger, I refused to go on rollercoasters that went upside down---they terrified me---until one day my cousin literally dragged me on one. It was one that you stood up on too ( while sitting on a bicycle-type seat ). Well, that rollercoaster ride changed my mind in a hurry! I loved it. I have, since then, become a lover of rollercoasters of all kinds. :)

martha

Don't be jealous , Hope. Do it! Get some friends together and make a plan. There is no time like the present. :woohoo:

Joyfully,
Martha

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
That's what life is all about. When my son got his first bike, he was terrified. But now I can't get him off it. He felt the same when we first got the four-wheeler. He will be afraid again when he gets behind the wheel of a car for the first time. Trying something new is always scary to some degree.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
martha said:
Don't be jealous , Hope. Do it! Get some friends together and make a plan. There is no time like the present.
I'm jealous that you got to ride a camel across a desert ... :jam: Really , that sounds so cool . :)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
One of the things was smoking pot. I was woried about getting cought, but I enjoyed the high enough to not worry about it. The other was going into a metaphysical shop, just after I left christianity. All I knew was what I had been told, which was all the blood sacrifices, demon worship, etc. I knew that wasn't true, yet I had no idea what to expect. I went, and found a path Im happy following.

Eventually, I am going to sky-dive at least once. The primitive and sane parts of my brain constantly putting fear in my mind, but I am going to do. I get an adrenaline rush just thinking about it. Jumping out of a perfectly good plane just to free fall for a few minutes. God the adrenaline rush must be great.